The tackling was pretty non-existent but always good to see a lung-bursting run from the player's own half.

Reminded me of Owairan at USA '94.

Both goals happen so fast but the players lack the same close control of a Messi or Maradona. Also Gazza's first goal in the 8-in-a-row season clincher deserves a mention as it was technically better than the second... Much like Maradona's control and finish against Belgium in the 1986 World Cup semi could be seen as better than the longer run against England in the quarters... Although the way Diego's run was started off in the middle of the park against England was simply sublime.

So...

Is this...

And this...

https://youtu.be/vuJQiSrJhJ4?t=150

In some ways better than this...

And this...?

https://youtu.be/vuJQiSrJhJ4?t=245

Fuck it - Too difficult to decide at this time in the morning typing with one eye open.

All four are class goals from two world-class players.

It just in no way compares to a long range beauty or a skillful chip or a beautiful piece of skill ala Dennis Bergkamp

Fair enough. There were a few posters didn't think Charlie Adam's long-ranger was that good a goal either.

I suppose you have to factor in vision, technique and speed of thought when taking an opportunity whether it be a pot-shot or a quick execution of skill and a deadly finish. Long runs also require speed and stamina and keeping the heid when you get in front of goal. I am sure I'm not the only one who has ever went on a lung-burster of a run and got lucky getting past a few defenders only to then take a rush of blood to the head and blooter the ball over the bar or slice it nearer the corner flag.

Maybe that's why I ended up in gaol.

Fair enough. There were a few posters didn't think Charlie Adam's long-ranger was that good a goal either.

I suppose you have to factor in vision, technique and speed of thought when taking an opportunity whether it be a pot-shot or a quick execution of skill and a deadly finish. Long runs also require speed and stamina and keeping the heid when you get in front of goal. I am sure I'm not the only one who has ever went on a lung-burster of a run and got lucky getting past a few defenders only to then take a rush of blood to the head and blooter the ball over the bar or slice it nearer the corner flag.

Maybe that's why I ended up in gaol.

Are you French or Belgian Asterisx (sp) was a Gaol. :pipe:

Adams was a peach it had technique and vision that was out of this world to do that to probably the second best keeper in the world is mightily impressive. His goal on Saturday was a cracker as well.

I played either as a left back or a keeper for my teams so no if i crossed the half way line it was nose bleed territory for me :lol: