BEASLEY SIGNS

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We sell a pile of shite for 700k and get Beasley for the same amount. 0 net.

Has Walter spent anything? (other than signing bonuses?)

Anything he has lost in the bealey deal will soon be recovered from shirt sales and the american market

Just felt I'd bring it to folk's attention

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1062514,00.html

Beasley Pens Gers Deal

Exclusive! By Emma Dodds

RANGERS have completed the signing of American international DaMarcus Beasley on a three-year contract, subject to a work permit.

The winger jetted into Scotland this morning to finalise his move from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven and will be granted a short holiday before rejoining the squad for the trip to Germany on July 12.

DaMarcus Beasley signs for RangersFresh from helping the USA to glory in the Gold Cup last weekend, Beasley is Walter Smith's fifth summer signing and joins for an undisclosed fee.

He becomes the second American to sign for the Light Blues, following in the footsteps of former international captain Claudio Reyna.

Naturally a left-sided player, the midfielder is renowned for his hard working attitude and exceptional speed.

Comfortable with the ball at his feet, the 25-year-old is also famed for his ability to cut through defences with his mazy runs.

It was Guus Hiddink who first brought Beasley to Europe when he paid $2.5million to the MLS to conclude a deal from Chigaco Fire.DaMarcus Beasley signs for Rangers

He played an integral part in helping Eindhoven win the title in his first season, while they also qualified for the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Last season the former LA Galaxy star developed his game further with a season-long loan spell in the Premiership with Manchester City and is delighted to be staying in the UK with Rangers.

Beasley has already notched over 60 caps for the USA and played in two World Cups.

Look out for DaMarcus' first interview as a Rangers player on World this afternoon! CLICK HERE to subscrib

im sure i heard all this when we signed players at the start of last season, i will reserve judgement until i see him play. :pipegreen:

DAMARCUS BEASLEY has expressed his relief now that his transfer to Rangers is finally concluded.

Negotiations to bring the winger to Rangers from PSV Eindhoven were drawn out due to the player's involvement in the USA's run to the final of the Gold Cup.

With that tournament now finished, Beasley was finally able to jet in to Glasgow and put pen to paper on a three-year deal.

He told rangers.co.uk: "I'm ecstatic to be here. It's a massive club and I can't wait to get started.

"It took a while to get everything sorted as I was away with the national team and I had to wait until I was done playing before I could get everything done.

"I'm just glad now that everything's done and I can just concentrate on being a Rangers player."

absolutley delighted with this signing, can't wait to see him play against Ajax, and then for the rest of his Rangers career, believe in or management team fellow bears, i reckon were on the right path, WATP :clap: :beer2: :rangers:

Do you not remember last season when people posted videos of Sebo and Sionko?! Everyone got excited and then they both flopped.

Beasley is a player who has never reached his potentiel, He's been around for 7 years now and has failed to deliver more often than not.

However, 700k is not a gamble, But we shouldnt expect him to come into the Rangers team and work wonders, Its not going to happen.

In the videos it shows he can exploit space, as he has tremendous pace. In the SPL pace wont help him that much as teams will sit so deep.

I welcome Da Marcus Beasley, But Rangers have to bring in more quality in the summer. Don't let this one signing cloud your judgement, We are still miles away from where we need to be.

Fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We sell a pile of shite for 700k and get Beasley for the same amount. 0 net.

Anything he has lost in the bealey deal will soon be recovered from shirt sales and the american market

Where, exactly, will the American punters be buying their shirts?

If we had signed Landon Donovan or Freddy Adu, Then maybe.

But Beasley isnt the biggest name to come out of America.....We will recieve some revenue, But not a lot. You gotta sign the top player for that.

Good signing!! Just had a nosey on the Man City boards and most of the fans wanted to keep hold of him, even buy him from PSV. Their fans thought his fee would have been out of their price range tho.

Credit to the guys involved at RFC who sealed this deal!! Lets hope there is a few more of this quality! (tu)

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!

But Beasley isnt the biggest name to come out of America.....We will recieve some revenue, But not a lot. You gotta sign the top player for that.

My point was that you can't buy a Rangers jersey in the USA. Mind you, even when Reyna was with us, it didn't make any difference.

Good signing!! Just had a nosey on the Man City boards and most of the fans wanted to keep hold of him, even buy him from PSV. Their fans thought his fee would have been out of their price range tho.

Credit to the guys involved at RFC who sealed this deal!! Lets hope there is a few more of this quality! (tu)

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!

Had a wee look:

It was not overly enthusiastic tbh. Some guys rated him a decent prospect, but most said he was a bit lightweight and lacked strength.

Personally, I'm chuffed and don't really care what fans of other clubs think :)

(except if they think our players are Gods)

I am absolutely delighted with this. At 700k i think hes going to be one of the bargains of the season. At long last we have someone who can play on the left wing. If kris boyd can score 25+ with our crap midfield last year just think what hes going to score once beasley starts whipping in the crosses!!

My point was that you can't buy a Rangers jersey in the USA. Mind you, even when Reyna was with us, it didn't make any difference.

You can across the border in Canada,well my 2 cousins have them but might have been online they got them.

Rangers' problem is we go every year to the NARSA convention saying thanks for their continued support yet don't give these guys and other fitba loving Americans the chance to buy merchandise......something Murray has to sort out.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!

Had a wee look:

It was not overly enthusiastic tbh. Some guys rated him a decent prospect, but most said he was a bit lightweight and lacked strength.

Just about everybody said he was lightweight...a criticism Buffel, and to some extent Lovenkrands, received from many fans ( a bit unfairly I thought). On the face of it he looks unsuited to the over physical, and badly refereed, Scottish game , but I too am a bit chuffed. The City fans rated him as a player and said he was willing and a trier and £700,000 seems a great price (if true).

You may have noticed that I do care what fans of other clubs think as they have watched him a good few times and their opinion has got to count for something. A lot of other fans seem to care as well...the thread I was reading had one of the City fans bemused that over 30 guests were reading that one thread. :)

Just felt I'd bring it to folk's attention

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1062514,00.html

Beasley Pens Gers Deal

Exclusive! By Emma Dodds

RANGERS have completed the signing of American international DaMarcus Beasley on a three-year contract, subject to a work permit.

The winger jetted into Scotland this morning to finalise his move from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven and will be granted a short holiday before rejoining the squad for the trip to Germany on July 12.

DaMarcus Beasley signs for RangersFresh from helping the USA to glory in the Gold Cup last weekend, Beasley is Walter Smith's fifth summer signing and joins for an undisclosed fee.

He becomes the second American to sign for the Light Blues, following in the footsteps of former international captain Claudio Reyna.

Naturally a left-sided player, the midfielder is renowned for his hard working attitude and exceptional speed.

Comfortable with the ball at his feet, the 25-year-old is also famed for his ability to cut through defences with his mazy runs.

It was Guus Hiddink who first brought Beasley to Europe when he paid $2.5million to the MLS to conclude a deal from Chigaco Fire.DaMarcus Beasley signs for Rangers

He played an integral part in helping Eindhoven win the title in his first season, while they also qualified for the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Last season the former LA Galaxy star developed his game further with a season-long loan spell in the Premiership with Manchester City and is delighted to be staying in the UK with Rangers.

Beasley has already notched over 60 caps for the USA and played in two World Cups.

Look out for DaMarcus' first interview as a Rangers player on World this afternoon! CLICK HERE to subscrib

im sure i heard all this when we signed players at the start of last season, i will reserve judgement until i see him play. :pipegreen:

I seen him play for the USA the other day, really, really good decent player and he will do well for us, no doubt about it mate.

and this:

Smith: Beasley can be Ibrox idol

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

DaMarcus BeasleyRangers manager Walter Smith has high hopes for DaMarcus Beasley after the United States winger became his fifth summer signing.

Beasley, 25, has signed a three-year deal, following on from the captures of Alan Gow, Kirk Broadfoot, Graeme Smith and Jean-Claude Darcheville, and Smith is confident his latest recruit will be a success next season.

Smith said: "He's a player who plays in the wider areas of the pitch Last season I felt we were a little bit short of pace in our team and he is very quick. For a player in his mid-20s, he is a very experienced player."

He added: "He has experienced European football at PSV and had a spell on loan at Manchester City last season so he has also experienced British football and enjoyed that.

"He has almost 70 caps for the United States at the present moment so he is an experienced international player as well. He is one I hope can be a big asset for us."

Scotland internationals Steven Naismith and Lee McCulloch, and Bordeaux's Julien Faubert, are also targets but Smith admits he still has no idea whether he will be successful in recruiting the trio.

He said: "A lot of names have been mentioned. We have bids out for a number of players but whether we get them or not is a different matter."

Heading out of the Ibrox exit door is 23-year-old defender Karl Svensson, who agreed a move to French club Caen.

Smith added: "We wish him well. He's a nice lad and I hope he does well when he settles down in France."

You people ever heard of a little something called e-commerce? Most anything can be bought online these days. Regardless, this signing isn't about selling Beasley kits, its about winning matches. It was a great move, DMB will have an instant impact on the success of the Rangers.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!

Had a wee look:

Just about everybody said he was lightweight...a criticism Buffel, and to some extent Lovenkrands, received from many fans ( a bit unfairly I thought). On the face of it he looks unsuited to the over physical, and badly refereed, Scottish game , but I too am a bit chuffed. The City fans rated him as a player and said he was willing and a trier and £700,000 seems a great price (if true).

You may have noticed that I do care what fans of other clubs think as they have watched him a good few times and their opinion has got to count for something. A lot of other fans seem to care as well...the thread I was reading had one of the City fans bemused that over 30 guests were reading that one thread. :)

130 ;)

Great to see us finally tie up Beasley to a contract, we have not had an out and out winger who's direct runs will excite fans for a number of years. He could very well be the catalyst that raises the now near silent Ibrox crowd on match days.

However, I can't help but wonder how long it will be before some fans get on his back and accuse him of being too lightweight.

Yes he might be the type of player that gets up and dusts himself off before carrying on, but so is Buffel and look how many people brand him as being too lightweight.

I hope fans will appreciate his ability more than they appreciate Buffel's because this guy could be a key player for us for a number of years, but that will not happen if we destroy his confidence by moaning about his lack of physical strength!