Ma And Sports Direct Investigating Over Rangers Jersey Price

Noticed this a year ago when in Sports Direct in the Metro centre Gateshead,, they had our tops in there advertised as having some % off on sale and reduced to what what was the normal price. At the time I thought I was maybe just mistaken the original prices but looks like he been at it again,,, dodgy fud. THE Advertising Standards Authority is probing claims that Gers jerseys are being sold online reduced from £59.99 to £47.99 - when in fact they had always been at the lower price.

MIKE Ashley’s Sports Direct is being probed by advertising watchdogs over its pricing of Rangers jerseys online.

The Advertising Standards Authority is investigating a complaint that jerseys are being sold online reduced from £59.99 to £47.99 when in fact they had always been at the lower price.

The ASA has said it has received the complaint and that Sports Direct will be contacted for its comments.

Earlier this week the Daily Record revealed how Ashley, who owns around nine per cent of Rangers, has demanded repayment of a £5 million loan he made to the club beforte the Dave King takeover .

The loan is secured against club assets including logos and a huge percentage of the Ibrox club’s retail sales.

Two weeks ago Sports Direct hit back at claims made in a TV documentary over its pricing policy.

The ASA says its “initial assessment” is that the complaint made with regard to Rangers’ new Puma jersey is worthy of further investigation.

Sports Direct has seen sales rise to £2.7 billion and profits soar to £207 million.

An ASA spokeman said:” I can confirm that we are formally investigating whether the savings claim for a Rangers home shirt on the Sportsdirect.com website is misleading.

“We will publish our findings in due course.’

link:

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/business-consumer/mike-ashleys-sports-direct-being-5700771?

So, did the complaint come from an anti-Ashley Rangers fan, or an anti-Rangers scumsters?

Also, is it a good or bad thing for the Club?

It's probably a good thing for the consumer.

Not sure how it could affect us tbh m8 afterall do we have any power over his sales tactics ,,like I said I saw it in his shops down here before and thought it was just me ,,

Was probably something the mhanky mob have noticed and reported. It sounds like something they would know about in detail. Can just imagine them going round all the stores and websites pricing our stuff.

Every company does this tbf put the price up for a few week then drop it back to the original before sale price.. Nothing new

If the complaint were true, it would look like it had never been at the higher price. I believe it needs to be sold like that for a month or some similar period before it can be advertised as a sale. Main retailers that usually get complained about are the furniture ones I seem to recall.

Well if nothing else, it means Sports Direct is taking another beating in the public eye.

The TV Documentary, being raided by Police & now this. Deep down, Mike Ashley's probably seething.

From a retail perspective- the Rate of Sale of items on 'Offer' is higher than the same item at a 'Normal' price. So this would have been helping sell more Rangers jerseys than normal.

So this sort of thing would result in more money for Rangers Retail. Therefore if a Rangers fan grassed about this they are fucking daft. (Aye Ashley gets the lions share of Rangers Retail revenue as it stands but that is hopefully temporary, and we still make a proportion)

From a retail perspective- the Rate of Sale of items on 'Offer' is higher than the same item at a 'Normal' price. So this would have been helping sell more Rangers jerseys than normal.

So this sort of thing would result in more money for Rangers Retail. Therefore if a Rangers fan grassed about this they are fucking daft. (Aye Ashley gets the lions share of Rangers Retail revenue as it stands but that is hopefully temporary, and we still make a proportion)

Could have been anyone that reported this, possibly even Newcastle United supporters.

We're the only ones with a thing against Ashley/Sports Direct. He has rivals in retail, and he's pissed off two sets of supporters from two football clubs.

Couple of million people hating him if we're being honest.