Goalkeepers

Glad and relieved that we are through today but the contrast between the two keepers was massive. Every time the ball went towards our goal and Bell I feared the worst and at the other end I thought that Clark was immense with some fine saves.

We can't afford what we would typically have had for a goalkeeper in the past, like a McGregor, Goram or Klos (plus we threw away the opportunity to get Craig gordon). Does any body else think that Zander Clark at the age of 22 might be worth a punt?

Glad and relieved that we are through today but the contrast between the two keepers was massive. Every time the ball went towards our goal and Bell I feared the worst and at the other end I thought that Clark was immense with some fine saves.

We can't afford what we would typically have had for a goalkeeper in the past, like a McGregor, Goram or Klos (plus we threw away the opportunity to get Craig gordon). Does any body else think that Zander Clark at the age of 22 might be worth a punt?

welcome to the forum zander.

I don't know what has happened to Bell. Doesn't look confident at all. There were a few balls today which were in his 6 yard box and he was rooted to his line.

The Goallie himself who IMO is the best I've seen in 50+ years was never great at crosses or comanding his box so Bell is in good company but I agree with the OP in as much as he doesn't inspire confidence certainly in me.

re "Bell was in goals for Kilmarnock when we put 5 past them"

And what? None of them were goalkeeping errors. Peter Schmeichel conceded 11 goals in 2 games once.

Disagree. Positioning was poor for the Lafferty lob, and his recovery footwork also wasn't great.

Also felt his wall set-up and positioning could have been better for the Jelavic freekick.

Bells basically got away with murder since came in

Never looks to come for a cross eg today and for one ball into the 6 yd box he was a yard behind the goal line

His kicking is poor and hes slow

He must be mc calls lucky charm

Carry on Cammy

The Goallie himself who IMO is the best I've seen in 50+ years was never great at crosses or comanding his box so Bell is in good company but I agree with the OP in as much as he doesn't inspire confidence certainly in me.

THe difference is Goram didn't need to command his box cause of guys like Gough where as now Bell is really exposed due to poor central defenders he's got in front of him. We've been spoilt with keepers for the past 30yrs and Bell isn't quite as good as previous standards.

We have 3 first team keepers on our books costing us over 10 grand a week and we need shot of them all before thinking about bringing anyone else in.

Well bearing in mind bell will be on 3 quarters of that 10 I know who ide get shot of