Stubbs:2-0 Lead The Most Vulnerable In Football.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all in the mind,Mr Stubbs. There is no difference being beaten 2-0 or 3-1, or 5-3, or 7-5 etc, because your mob still have to win the game by 2 clear goals to trigger extra time, or 3 clear goals to win the tie.

SIMPLES :pipe:

Of course, we could score another goal early and really fuck your head with mathematical equations :21:

I do get what he means, at 2-0 up going Into a 2nd leg you'll normally set up a certain way. Should hibs score early and we don't have a flexible 11 with regards changing formation/system then we could be in bother.

That said I prefer our position than theirs

I do get what he means, at 2-0 up going Into a 2nd leg you'll normally set up a certain way. Should hibs score early and we don't have a flexible 11 with regards changing formation/system then we could be in bother.

That said I prefer our position than theirs

The longer the game goes without them scoring, the more they will leave themselves open at the back and be susceptible to counter attacks from us. If it's tight near the end I hope McCall doesn't continue his recent ploy of bringing on defenders as subs which leaves us with our backs to the wall in the last 20 minutes.

We have to keep an attacking threat on at all times to make their defenders/midfield wary of going too far up the park.

The longer the game goes without them scoring, the more they will leave themselves open at the back and be susceptible to counter attacks from us. If it's tight near the end I hope McCall doesn't continue his recent ploy of bringing on defenders as subs which leaves us with our backs to the wall in the last 20 minutes.

We have to keep an attacking threat on at all times to make their defenders/midfield wary of going too far up the park.

I think its safe to say hibs will start at break neck pace we just need to slow the game down

I think its safe to say hibs will start at break neck pace we just need to slow the game down

I think it's a given that they will try and hit us with everything they've got from the start, which could be a big mistake on their part. This could turn out to be a real battle of wits between McCall and Stubbs.

For me our two main men will be Haris Vuckic and Dean Shiels, If they can hold the ball up and run the midfield while Law and Murdoch do their jobs properly then we will be fine.

I think it's a given that they will try and hit us with everything they've got from the start, which could be a big mistake on their part. This could turn out to be a real battle of wits between McCall and Stubbs.

For me our two main men will be Haris Vuckic and Dean Shiels, If they can hold the ball up and run the midfield while Law and Murdoch do their jobs properly then we will be fine.

I dont think he's a great plays but Clark's pace could be vital

I dont think he's a great plays but Clark's pace could be vital

Totally agree with you there,Davey. Especially if we can get the ball to Miller and he drags one of the central defenders out the middle.

Thought Kenny was excellent at that midweek mate

From what I saw of the game and what I read, he certainly did all he was asked of him. Kenny has never been what you would call a prolific scorer, but over his career he has contributed a lot more than he is given credit for.

From what I saw of the game and what I read, he certainly did all he was asked of him. Kenny has never been what you would call a prolific scorer, but over his career he has contributed a lot more than he is given credit for.

He keeps trying to do the running he did 6 years ago or so. I wish he'd save his legs and lead the line a bit better rather than trying to go down the wing and all over the pitch. Focus on staying around the 18 yard box

He keeps trying to do the running he did 6 years ago or so. I wish he'd save his legs and lead the line a bit better rather than trying to go down the wing and all over the pitch. Focus on staying around the 18 yard box

I actually had a talk with him in 2010 when they were here and I told him even then that if he thought about his game a wee bit more and saved his legs he could drop back a bit deeper and play in front of the midfield.

I think his natural exuberance tends to take over at times,plus the fact he tries to draw central defenders away from his strike partner is the reason for it. I don't think Kris Boyd would have got so many goals if not for Miller making the openings for him.

Whether yees think he's a prick or no, which he is, this is a score easily overturned if panic sets in, we need to go for a goal and not sit back or they will pounce upon it. On Wednesday we got away with it through effort. We'll need more of the same, score first and they'll chuck it !