Poor Journalism Or Institutional Hatred?

The Scottish media seem more than happy to don their tackety boots any time that there's the merest hint of a negative story about Rangers. However, the same journalists have shown no interest in investigating the sale of land at Lennoxtown and Westhorn to Celtic.

As a reasonable man, I accept that it may well be the case that both transactions are completely above board, but the information unearthed by the likes of pzj_1 and FTH gives rise to some questions that call for answers. One would therefore expect the Scottish media to be in hot pursuit of these answers, but none of the usual suspects seem willing to touch the story with the proverbial bargepole.

That begs a very pertinent question: why? Is it so obviously a non-starter as a story, or might there be some other reason?

Told anyone that would listen Jayne Lewis was a scum rodent way back when she worked for the equally biased Stv when Delacunt was working his way into higher positions to spout their hatred .What gets me is ,they all end up working for the BBC as Delacunt will surely do when is ban is over

D'Art - an excellent piece and I often laugh at the view expressed by our journalists that there is no bias in the Scottish media. Newspapers and media companies are partisan organisations that live by their editorial direction. They appeal to a section of the community - liberal, conservative, working class, middle class, upper class. Look at print publications and you can see which demographic they represent. The BBC is no different, it exists to serve the public interest which is the main get out clause it uses whenever challenged on its reporting of Rangers, it is not required to be impartial (in fact, if it is to serve the public interest and promote the UK and its regions, then it is unlikely able to be impartial).

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/about/how_we_govern/charter.pdf

What has arisen in Scotland is the silent demographic of sectarianism. We all know it has existed in the West of Scotland and it has gotten more bitter through the 90s and the rise of online social media.

A new tactic is quoting fictional hearsay

A rather disgusting example from about 6 weeks ago, Off The Ball, cosgroves piece

"I have friends who are in positions of authority, solicitors, accountants, police superintendent etc who are Rangers fans"

"Due to the financial irregularities and scandals at the club they will never return to Ibrox as they would deem it immoral "

No names mentioned, Just getting his point across that "Decent" life long Rangers men are so repulsed by the clubs actions.

Bit like the guy contacting the Agony Aunt about a "friend" who has a mysterious rash around his wedding tackle...

Motherwell I think although she was happy to work for Rangers TV and take our money.

Sadly over the years ,there has been many haters working at ticket office ,Rangers view and media operations .Can you even imagine a bear working for the Rodents in any admin capacity ? No chance ..They wouldn't be safe for starters

A new tactic is quoting fictional hearsay

A rather disgusting example from about 6 weeks ago, Off The Ball, cosgroves piece

"I have friends who are in positions of authority, solicitors, accountants, police superintendent etc who are Rangers fans"

"Due to the financial irregularities and scandals at the club they will never return to Ibrox as they would deem it immoral "

No names mentioned, Just getting his point across that "Decent" life long Rangers men are so repulsed by the clubs actions.

Cosgrove said that!?! Fuck me.

We all know it's shite, but I have to say that I thought he could put the boot in without being so stupid. So stupid as to suggest that people that are capable enough to get to those positions can't separate the actions of individuals from the collective being of the club, the essence of which is the fans, not Craig Whyte or whoever. Fans that include the solicitors, accountants and police.

It's bullshit. Come on Stuart, give us some believable anti-Rangers rhetoric instead of comic fiction.

e99e1f.png

It’s an interesting tweet from Jane Lewis. At its heart of course is an inference that we Rangers supporters will view any action, from a completely distorted viewpoint, which suggests a hatred of our club. Not so much “Reds” but certainly a McCarthyesque like “Rangers haters under the bed”.

Jane Lewis works for a publicly funded media organisation which falsified the editing on an interview with the then Rangers manager, Ally McCoist, to present a completely different response to that which he offered, regarding a question about sectarianism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18169502

Jane Lewis works for an organisation which sought to compare Rangers use of EBT’s with the Marseille match fixing scandals of 1994.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18169502

The latter link as you can see is still live, despite the result of 2 Tax Tribunals.

Jane Lewis works for an organisation which continually breached its guidelines on accuracy with regard to its description of Rangers, despite numerous complaints being escalated through various tiers of management at Pacific Quay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22951447

Perhaps Jane even remembers her BBC colleague Nicky Campbell suggesting the attack on the then Celtic manager Neil Lennon, may have been perpetrated by “A Rangers fan disguised as a Hearts supporter”

Or does she think that the BBC Scotland footage depicting Ally McCoist falling to his death before a cup tie was really a “creative attempt to set up the clash between Motherwell and Rangers.”

The fact that some of the criticism came from out with the Rangers community, should have served as a suitable signpost.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/bbc-crossed-the-line-with-spoof-of-ally-1350077

BBC Scotland presenters don’t like to be exposed for “sticking the boot into Rangers” as this recent interview with Tom English, Jim Spence and John Brown illustrates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/32806513

The comments by Jim Spence at 05:13 into the discussion are particularly interesting, where he suggests that “you usually find when you ask a question John, people mounted campaigns to have you sacked” It’s the kind of revisionism which has been allowed to go unchallenged for far too long.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/bbc-presenter-exonerated-over-rangers-comments.23841729

Allow me to re-phrase that for you Jim. Its not unusual to find, when you try to be a smart arse, and usurp not only the previous rulings of the BBC Trust regarding guidelines on accuracy, but also the rulings of the football authorities such as UEFA, FIFA, ECA, and the SFA, then you may find yourself, quite rightly, the subject of complaints.

Unfavourable documentaries, unsavoury “creative” tone setting, untruthful and misleading editing of interviews. Refusal to adhere to the organisations guidelines on accuracy, refusal to accept the ruling and authority of football’s governing bodies, both at home and abroad.

Is it really just poor journalism by this organisation or is it symptomatic of an institutional hatred towards our club ?

It is symptomatic of an institutional hatred towards our club.

Sadly over the years ,there has been many haters working at ticket office ,Rangers view and media operations .Can you even imagine a bear working for the Rodents in any admin capacity ? No chance ..They wouldn't be safe for starters

It was a policy of Martin Bain NOT to employ Rangers supporters

Its poor jounolism and hatred. Trouble is, it's not just confined to journos. These septc loving cunts are in the law, police and they were highly represented in politics as to infiltrated the labour party years ago, but most people have now seen how bent and corrupt they are at so obviously helping their mates get on in the world at the detrement of anything, or all things not catholic.

Thank fuck they've been ousted from that arena. It's just the rest of public life we have to watch for now. I'd have a close look at the law as although it's been corrupt for centuries to the monied folks, it may be that laws start coming into place that ban any talk of anti-papist suggestions.

It's happened before, it can easily happen again and although I'm not religious myself, that won't stop me suffering at the hands of obsessive people, and many others of course.

All part of the concerted campaign to kill off the club.

What happens now that the rampant SNP are in full control at Westminster, and now suppotred en masse by the former Labour-loving Tricolour waving mob is a frightening prospect.

The SNP are not in control at Westminster