*** The Official *** Rangers Shirt Alternative*** Thread

govanblue

To be honest, I'm getting a bit old to wear Rangers Shirts these days, and anyway, try as I might, I just can't find a shirt-seller that offers an effective way to get most of my money to Rangers. It just doesn't seem value for money whichever way I look at it.

So I've decided I'm not going to buy a top this season - instead, I'm going to buy a year's subscription to Rangers TV for only £50 !!!!

http://www.rangers.co.uk/rangerstv/information

rtvlogo2_400x400.png

I think that's much better value for money, and I know the club needs it! :thumbup:

I can think of lots of other excellent alternatives too if you need any.

What are you going to spend your £35 / £50 on?

Good call. I'd need to find a decent free proxy service though.

As you know, you only need a proxy server if you want to pretend you're in Canada so you can watch the games live. (tu)

I'm happy to pay £50 a year for the UK Package, which lets me watch the full games after midnight, and then lets me watch absolutely everything in the massive archive as often as I want - and then I'll just use a dodgy stream to watch the games live, with a fully-clear conscience. :D

That doesn't really help. I wouldn't try to derail one of your serious conversations with gibberish now, would I?

That's over 35 quid I have pledged to the club! I normally abstain from the matchday pie (since the macaroni pies were abandoned), so felt this was a good effort by myself. Clearly my money isn't wanted round these parts :(

That's over 35 quid I have pledged to the club! I normally abstain from the matchday pie (since the macaroni pies were abandoned), so felt this was a good effort by myself. Clearly my money isn't wanted round these parts :(

Macaroni pies were decent (tu)

I wouldn't feed the dug with those scotch numbers.

On a side note, get yersel a scarf, spend the remaining 45 in Bar72 GB.

For £50 you can also get yourself an annual match-programme subscription.

Every programme for every game at Ibrox will be posted out to you the day after the match, arriving in pristine condition.

Not all rolled up and stinking of your sweaty buttock! or lost on a tube train.

You get the postage for nothing, and end up paying only about £2 per programme, instead of £3

That's fantastic value - especially if we get a lot of home cup ties. :21:

They were indeed mate, with their wee staunch orange cheese tops. Haste Ye Back :(

I'd always get one, can't recall the exact date they stopped doing them, but now you've reminded me again, I want one. I'll get an email fired off to Dave King, I'll tell him to stick the Warburton deal on the back burner until we get our pies back. It's all well and good getting a team on the park, but how can fans enjoy watching it without a decent pie?

I'd always get one, can't recall the exact date they stopped doing them, but now you've reminded me again, I want one. I'll get an email fired off to Dave King, I'll tell him to stick the Warburton deal on the back burner until we get our pies back. It's all well and good getting a team on the park, but how can fans enjoy watching it without a decent pie?

I'm a Scotch Pie Man myself, so I hadn't noticed they've stopped selling the macaroni pies.

But I do feel for all you Pastafarians.

Might I recommend that your £35 shirt-saving will get you a nice lunch for two in the Argyle Restaurant, and they do a nice bit of pasta. (tu)

I'm a Scotch Pie Man myself, so I hadn't noticed they've stopped selling the macaroni pies.

But I do feel for all you Pastafarians.

Might I recommend that your £35 shirt-saving will get you a nice lunch for two in the Argyle Restaurant, and they do a nice bit of pasta. (tu)

Never had a meal in the Argyle, but I have been meaning to get around to it. I've heard good things.

It's the offseason, some much needed income would be welcome this time of year I'm sure.

I'll tell the mrs to save the Nando's loyalty card points for another time (tu)

Not buying a shirt but instead will invest my readies in Rangers Lotto.

An excellent choice, Sir. (tu)

There's been some talk from the Directors recently about increasing funding for our Youth Development at Auchenhowie. I'm looking forward to that, but until it's sorted, there's still only one way for an individual Rangers fan to support Youth Development financially, and that's by buying stuff from the Rangers Development Fund - Either Rising Stars, Rangers Lotto, Ibrox Paving Bricks, Rangers Scratchcards, or Fundraising Night Tickets. (or all of the above if you like! (tu) )

Every penny RDF make from those items goes directly to the Rangers Youth Programme - that's guaranteed.

Donation-Banner.jpg

For £50 you can also get yourself an annual match-programme subscription.

Every programme for every game at Ibrox will be posted out to you the day after the match, arriving in pristine condition.

Not all rolled up and stinking of your sweaty buttock! or lost on a tube train.

You get the postage for nothing, and end up paying only about £2 per programme, instead of £3

That's fantastic value - especially if we get a lot of home cup ties. :21:

Might get that - I have RTV already, the Craig Mulholland interview from a month or so ago is a good one.

Today I bought 3 RF scarves too which the profits will go to RF for share purchases at the upcoming issue so thats money to the club too.

GM

Oh wel I've already bought my new top and I've just paid another £50 for the 85 reissue from retroshirthaven, and not a penny goes to rangers, I must be the worst supporter in the world now, but fuck it looking forward to next season with no players or managment team..

Might get that - I have RTV already, the Craig Mulholland interview from a month or so ago is a good one.

Today I bought 3 RF scarves too which the profits will go to RF for share purchases at the upcoming issue so thats money to the club too.

GM

Good Stuff. It's worth £50 just for the 9 In a Row Series alone.. (tu)

Plus, as you know, you get any and all the £5.99 games included in that too

GM

Did you not see the word official in the thread title??? :p20::P

Oh wel I've already bought my new top and I've just paid another £50 for the 85 reissue from retroshirthaven, and not a penny goes to rangers, I must be the worst supporter in the world now, but fuck it looking forward to next season with no players or managment team..

You're probably a much better supporter than you are a logician. :P

GM

Ideally, I'd try to wangle you into sponsoring one of the Rangers Girls at £50.

But you have a very convenient Over-18's Law that scuppers that idea! :(

Still, the Rangers Ladies Senior Squad is all over 18, and I'm sure one of them would love to be sponsored by the Quintessentially Rangers Pub.

- Only £250 per year. (tu)

Ideally, I'd try to wangle you into sponsoring one of the Rangers Girls at £50.

But you have a very convenient Over-18's Law that scuppers that idea! :(

Still, the Rangers Ladies Senior Squad is all over 18, and I'm sure one of them would love to be sponsored by the Quintessentially Rangers Pub.

- Only £250 per year. (tu)

We don't do women's football - We get behind the lotto as its youth development for first team. But if that's anyone's thing then good luck to them.

We usually do something with official sponsorship though didn't last year for obvious reasons - Two seasons ago we were The Official West of Scotland Public House Partner for Rangers FC and had a billboard and stuff.

So we'll see what the commercial department are looking at closer to the new season.

GM

I like my Rangers mugs. I was in the shop before the Hivs game and there were some I liked, but I didn't buy them before KO as I thought they may have not allowed me in with a mug. Needless to say the bloody shop was closed after the game.

Is the Mega Shop open at Ibrox during the summer can anyone tell me?