Swansea To Subsidise Away Tickets For Their Fans

I don't know if i am missing something or if ticket money is shared differently in England. Why would they do that? Is that not subsidising the rest of the Premiership teams? Would they not be best off trying to subsidise something at their own ground if they want to help their fans and keep their own money within the club?

I don't know if i am missing something or if ticket money is shared differently in England. Why would they do that? Is that not subsidising the rest of the Premiership teams? Would they not be best off trying to subsidise something at their own ground if they want to help their fans and keep their own money within the club?

the cost of away tickets are ridiculous, they're subsidising the cost so their fans can follow their football team at as reasonable and minimal cost as possible

I've not seen any other PL clubs offer to do it.

That others for whom it would be spare change haven't followed suit doesn't make it a big thing for Swansea to have done.

But yeah, It's nice that Swansea have thought about their fans, I suppose, but it means far more when, say Ross County, pay for buses for their fans to travel down to Edinburgh for a game or Rangers let everyone in for a fiver.

It shouldn't take £90 million for you to start to make gestures towards your fans like this. Credit to Swansea because at least they've started doing something, but this kind of thing should be par for the course for the EPL. They have shit tonnes of cash, they should be using it to make sure the average bloke on the street can afford to see their team as much as making sure they're winning.