*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

80 non renewals - I'm sure tgat will reduce drastically!

As G B says everyone's circumstances can change and some maybe cannot manage to pay at the moment, but it seems a high number. So hopefully it will indeed reduce to a much lower figure before long.

(tu)

... go on donate you know you, want to.

I suspect that there are quite a few RM members who DO want to donate, and probably now wish that they had done so years ago, but after having resisted joining for so long, their pride or stubbornness just won't allow it. :(

It's their loss. :P

but it seems a high number. So hopefully it will indeed reduce to a much lower figure before long.

(tu)

It does seem a high number at first,

But it depends how you look at it.

Over the whole of last season the Erskine Fund had 134 members - who were recruited during three major fundraisers, plus the auctions, plus a whole season's worth of talking/tricking posters into joining.

Before the start of this season, we have 136 + 28 pledged)

120 of them are renewing members, 46 are new members.

Last week, we had 70 renewed members until I sent a renewal PM to the 130 unrenewed members. 50 signed up (tu)

This week, I've sent another PM to the remaining 80. Three or 4 have signed up already, and hopefully a few more will sign up if they see the PM. (tu)

Also in this age of mobile phones, not all members get PM notifications, or bother to check, or bother to log on, so they may be blissfully unaware of our activity. So maybe they just need it brought to their attention. I'll keep my eye open for such opportunities. (tu)

When you look at the list of 80 unrenewed members, you wouldn't recognise most of the names. Maybe only 20 or 30 are prominent active posters. Hopefully a few of them will renew, but most of the others probably no longer visit the site very much, if at all.

And no doubt a few members have just got bigger things going on in their lives to worry about right now. :(

So in fact, all things considered, the renewal uptake has been phenomenal! Way better than I had hoped. :21:

Oh, and judging by one or two PMs I've had, a few members might just be waiting until the end of the month till payday comes. It's school uniform time again, so a few folk will be feeling the squeeze this month, and will have probably have put me on ignore for the rest of the month.

Can I urge those members to simply PM me and get on the Pledged List. Then we'll worry about the money next month. :P

Also in this age of mobile phones, not all members get PM notifications, or bother to check, or bother to log on, so they may be blissfully unaware of our activity. So maybe they just need it brought to their attention. I'll keep my eye open for such opportunities. (tu)

Hey GB sorry not been on for a while bud but get me down on the Pledged list for £[xx] and I will work it out how to do it from my mobile bud.

Keep fighting the good fight

YC

- I rest my case! :D

It does seem a high number at first,

But it depends how you look at it.

Over the whole of last season the Erskine Fund had 134 members - who were recruited during three major fundraisers, plus the auctions, plus a whole season's worth of talking/tricking posters into joining.

Before the start of this season, we have 136 + 28 pledged)

120 of them are renewing members, 46 are new members.

Last week, we had 70 renewed members until I sent a renewal PM to the 130 unrenewed members. 50 signed up (tu)

This week, I've sent another PM to the remaining 80. Three or 4 have signed up already, and hopefully a few more will sign up if they see the PM. (tu)

When you look at the list of 80 unrenewed members, you wouldn't recognise most of the names. Maybe only 20 or 30 are prominent active posters. Hopefully a few of them will renew, but most of the others probably no longer visit the site very much, if at all.

And no doubt a few members have just got bigger things going on in their lives to worry about right now. :(

So in fact, all things considered, the renewal uptake has been phenomenal! Way better than I had hoped. :21:

I think I was a little pessimistic when I posted this morning GB, it just seemed at the time it was a high figure :unsure: but after reading your various positive posts since I am now in the same positive frame of mind. :thumbup:

I think I was a little pessimistic when I posted this morning GB, it just seemed at the time it was a high figure :unsure: but after reading your various positive posts since I am now in the same positive frame of mind. :thumbup:

I think I was probably trying to frighten you with a sensationalist headline not backed up by the actual facts. :P

In fact, it was only 78 PMs I sent - and we've had 9 positive replies already, so we're definitely nearly there. (tu)

I think I was probably trying to frighten you with a sensationalist headline not backed up by the actual facts. :P(tu)

In fact, it was only 78 PMs I sent - and we've had 9 positive replies already, so we're definitely nearly there. (tu)

Sounds good :clap:

You do realise if you had said 78 rather than 80 BP9 would not have posted and I would not have posted and you would not have replied so often and well this whole page might not have had so many bumps and maybe you would not have had so many replies. :P

I suppose that means BP9 can still a few more bumps :thumbup:

Edit: forgot about your PM's :D

Sounds good :clap:

You do realise if you had said 78 rather than 80 BP9 would not have posted and I would not have posted and you would not have replied so often and well this whole page might not have had so many bumps and maybe you would not have had so many replies. :P

I suppose that means BP9 can still a few more bumps :thumbup:

Edit: forgot about your PM's :D

Yes I do realise that. :pipe:

Notice I haven't uttered a word about how much I reckon we've raised - I find it's far more productive to talk about unachieved targets than achieved ones! :P