Marcel Jansen Of Hamburg Retires. Madness.

What happened to Adriano who used to play for Inter.

His dad died n he went off the radar and that's the last I heard of him.

He was 26/27 and a top class striker too.

He was 22/23 when he hit 37 in 44.

Been downhill since then, pretty sad since he was the complete striker.

Think his lifestyle off the field ruined his career tbh. There was pictures going around of him a couple of years ago and he made "fat Ronaldo" look anorexic.

I remember him piling on the weight a few years back but thought it was down to his depression and he'd get help n get back on track.

Obviously not, a shame because he looked like the next big thing (no pun).

http://footballrepublik.com/adriano-leite-ribeiro-emperor-missed-chance-strike-back/

Pretty much a run down of how he fucked his career :lol:

Not early, but Arthur numan's contract ran out at rangers, was on good cash, don't know the exact figure, so Rangers offered him £5000 a week (in 2003), he turned it down saying it was not enough, and then promptly retired.

So, £20, 000 a month wasn't enough for Arthur it seems, retirement sounded better.

Murray must have gave him some contract in 1998.

Was all set to sign for some French Ligue 2 mob last season & the Brazilian government stopped it.

Not early, but Arthur numan's contract ran out at rangers, was on good cash, don't know the exact figure, so Rangers offered him £5000 a week (in 2003), he turned it down saying it was not enough, and then promptly retired.

So, £20, 000 a month wasn't enough for Arthur it seems, retirement sounded better.

Murray must have gave him some contract in 1998.

I think it was the principle where Numan was concerned. It was a derisory offer given his ability and pedigree. He didn't need the money, so he told Bain where to stick it.

Clicked on the link. Is that picture of him in the Inter top running away the one where he scored the only goal of the game from the penalty spot v us in the CL?I am sue we played in white and think Papac is there. That was the game where Inter had to play behind closed doors as a result of crowd trouble the previous season. Think it was the 2005-06 CL campaign where we qualified into the last 16? (Think it was late 16 before CL was expanded further).

Clicked on the link. Is that picture of him in the Inter top running away the one where he scored the only goal of the game from the penalty spot v us in the CL?I am sue we played in white and think Papac is there. That was the game where Inter had to play behind closed doors as a result of crowd trouble the previous season. Think it was the 2005-06 CL campaign where we qualified into the last 16? (Think it was late 16 before CL was expanded further).

He was an unused sub at the San Siro but he started at Ibrox and scored.