Random Rangers Moments

Im sitting in a bar in Flamingoland near York, and happened to look over and in the corner they have a signed boot by RMs hero Ally McCoist and a wee plaque with info about us.

And once while i was in Thailand my Dad and I were walking through bankok and one of the big hotels there, the marriot or something, had a huge RSC flag hanging from the roof, we werent playing anywhere near there so it was quite random.

What are your random Rangers moments?

I was watching a game in the Blue Room in New York, and Alistair Johnston came in and stood beside me.

The same day, I got talking to a native New Yorker in the bar who was a died in the wool Bluenose through his mother being originally from Scotland (the guy himself had never been out of New York). It turns out his mother used to stay about half a mile away from me before she emigrated.

Christ, I have had too many to mention, but the most random would have to be seeing a guy with the top on at the border crossing between Mali and Burkina Faso. It was a local guy who had obviously been given it by a bear called "Big John." Here's a short video for proof..https://www.flickr.com/photos/wheresalbert/12378943053/in/album-72157640554019384/

..and this....https://www.flickr.com/photos/wheresalbert/12379094184/in/album-72157640554019384/

Then there was the guy on my bus in Swaziland.....https://www.flickr.com/photos/wheresalbert/11870012696/in/album-72157639614950605/

...and then there was this bloke in Chile...https://www.flickr.com/photos/wheresalbert/5375373950/in/album-72157625873536306/

We are everywhere.

In a cheap diner in Honolulu and the local waiter saw the badge on my shirt and started talking about Rangers and knew where we were in the league etc.

Closer to home country pub in middle of nowhere (Pattiswick) Essex and young barmaid recognised the badge - her dad is a bluenose

Was on a cruise on my honeymoon and the ship stopped at a place called benoa in Bali. Me and the wife found this deserted beach and sat down admiring the view, my wife said "isn't this heaven on earth" , as soon as she said it a Balinese boy jogged right passed us with a rangers top on and I said "it is now" . Couldn't believe it!!, still got the picture somewhere

A guy in Bulgaria kept telling me he loved the Gers and said he had a top, I thought he was just trying I get us to dink in his pub, sure enough the next night he was standing there with the jersey on, safe to say I had more than a few in his boozer that nite

On a boat trip, visiting the port of Palermo Sicily, docks are in roughest part of town, old fashioned Italy, but not the nice kind now,lots of poor immigrants, wandering round a market, keeping a tight grip on money and passport in pocket.

After visiting city centre wandered down a really seedy side street with no names etc, flats who are not keen to advertise who lives there but one has a wee Rangers plaque with the red lion on it beside the door.

Still regret not knocking on the door and saying hi, will have to revisit someday and be more sociable.

was playing pool at seamer cricket club in the scarborough pool league

and on the wall was Rangers team photo 62/63 season

I stayed at a hotel behind heddingly i think thats what its called (i hate cricket) the bastards had a pic of the sellik squad on the wall. Wanted to groger on it every time i walked past it.