Man City's New Stand Got Me Thinking

G.E.C.

Your last point is simply not true. When was the last time we sold out a game in Europe or against Dundee utd or Aberdeen or the likes? We struggled to get 30,00 in our most recent euro games and in the champions league seasons we hardly ever sold out

Eh we just sold out against St Mirren 11 days ago, no?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh we just sold out against St Mirren 11 days ago, no?

I meant over several seasons which is better evidence than as other folk have said, the honeymoon period we are going through just now, you can't seriously argue for extending the capacity based on one or two games, if we pretty much sell out over the course of a few seasons then that would be the time to look at it but it won't happen

I meant over several seasons which is better evidence than as other folk have said, the honeymoon period we are going through just now, you can't seriously argue for extending the capacity based on one or two games, if we pretty much sell out over the course of a few seasons then that would be the time to look at it but it won't happen

Increase the capacity so we don't need to hike up the prices too much for when we return to winning the SPL and competing in the Champions League. Doubt it would happen but I could see the benefits of it 100%.

I think it would be well worth Dave king to at least explore what could be done to Ibrox to expand and keep ticket prices frozen instead of puting prices up

Would he want 60000 paying £20 or

40000 paying £25, I know what I would want

Fans buying tickets would get that money back no problem, third tier in govan/jardine stand and the jumbo trons away to fuck and filled with seats, Ibrox would look immense

Imagine the atmosphere in that stadium, opposition players arses would collapse

Could be very easily done but at what cost? The blue bells are blue video Murray showed us the corners filled with seats with the capacity of 60,000, No one ever explained why the screens were put in instead of seats.

Could be very easily done but at what cost? The blue bells are blue video Murray showed us the corners filled with seats with the capacity of 60,000, No one ever explained why the screens were put in instead of seats.

David Murray got money from Sony I think, should be seated anyway.

40000 people paying £25 for 18 games = £18,000,000

60000 people paying £20 for 18 games = £22,800,000

£4.8 more, how much would it cost to have rest of corners filled in and screens punted to fund some of it?

£4.8 more, how much would it cost to have rest of corners filled in and screens punted to fund some of it?

Surely it wouldn't cost more than £5 million to fill in the corners in the main stand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Park_Stadium

400 million reasons why a new stadium won't happen anytime soon.

Lets do this in stages.

I dread coming on here if we drops points this season or have a bad day in one of the cups.

We're getting ahead of ourselves just a bit.

What's the scousers got to do with Rangers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Park_Stadium

400 million reasons why a new stadium won't happen anytime soon.

Lets do this in stages.

I dread coming on here if we drops points this season or have a bad day in one of the cups.

We're getting ahead of ourselves just a bit.

That's a brand new stadium, was going to be built from the ground up, we already have foundations in place so it wouldn't even make a dent in £400m, next

Lol please do tell in what universe rangers are going to get 60,000 week in week out?

Well I hate to dissapoint but your universe is not reality

It should be though, how many decent players would come to Rangers just to play for that wall of noise that is the fans, St mirren game was one of the best atmospheres in a long time, would go as far to say some of our own players shat themselves

Warburton face said it all, imagine that every other saturday

I'd definitely prefer a full stadium every other week rather than a 60 odd thousand seater with patches of empty seats everywhere. Turn the enclosure back to standing area. Thats an idea now.

If they made bf,gf,cf and enclosure all standing and left br,gr,CR and rest of stadium all seated I think there would be more than 60000 people and it wouldn't look as patchy if only 40000 turned up

Can we not have something like Dortmunds ground? Seats that can be removed for big games. They have a stand that when seated the ground holds about 60,000 then when converted to standing hold around 70,000+. Obviously the sfa and uefa would have to agree it first. Its not like we've got money to burn!