Squad For The Season

BridgeIsBlue

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Ball Wilson Wallace

Halliday Law Aird Holt Shiels Oduwa Zelalem *Eustace*

McKay Miller Clark Waghorn Walsh

I've left out Bell,Zaliukas and Mcgregor as I don't see them having any part to play,but what's everyone's thoughts on the squad so far?

For me this is easily the best transfer window we've had since the summer of 2008,the midfield is solid and if we tie up the signing of Eustace soon,who do we see him replacing?

Barring suspensions and bad injuries I can see this team doing brilliant things this season :wink:

He rates Walsh highly. He will get a decent number of appearances this season.

A squad more than capable of winning this league.

A good foundation to build from over the next 2 transfer windows for our return to the top league.

I'd prefer another striker but if MW is content, I'm happy too.

Great work pulling this squad together, especially if it's true that the wage bill hasn't been increased.

Just that slight striker worry if Waghorn gets injured, and Miller is going to be coming off the bench this year. Needs the other 2 need to be ready, because they are very likely to see action. Perhaps that's why Clark has been used as much as he has already.

There are so many more players in the squad than that.

Warburton says younger players will be put in too because it's about the full squad.

You've only picked out players you think have a part to play, but you can include the whole squad in that, and a large percentage of the youth squad.

We are still one short at full back and ideally I'd prefer a better option than Clark upfront but on the whole Warburton has done an excellent job of rebuilding the squad.

Aird can at RB if Tavernier gets suspended or injured, he's been playing there with the youth squad.

Halliday can play at LB if Wallace gets suspended or injured, he's played there before with Brentford.

Thompson and McGregor could be other options for cover at LB and RB.

Would love to see another striker join if Hardie isn't going to feature this year. To be honest though, that squad will romp the league and even take us extremely far in the Scottish Cup and League Cup. If we don't spend any more it means a bigger budget for when we're back next season.

Aird can at RB if Tavernier gets suspended or injured, he's been playing there with the youth squad.

Halliday can play at LB if Wallace gets suspended or injured, he's played there before with Brentford.

Thompson and McGregor could be other options for cover at LB and RB.

Wouldn't be happy with any of them coming in there for any length of time tbh.

So much of our play is down to our fullbacks and if either of them were out for any period of time I would prefer we had a natural like for like option there as opposed to a stop gap stand in.

I know you should never stop looking for improvement but I think for the first time I'm looking at a squad that I am completely happy with for the level we are at.

Normally there are one or two positions that I think just let us down but not this year. No doubt we'll need improvement for next year but for this season the squad looks great.