***the Official Football Manager 2016 Thread***

Broxi1872

10 points clear with a game in hand, lost away to Sheffield United and my fan's are unsure of promotion.

Squad is always knackered with the amount of fixtures aswell, starting to dip into the u21's to make up the numbers.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yes it's after the update.  The tactics I'm using are attached to this post and they're simple plug and play.  I have good set-pieces for corners, free-kicks, and throw ins.  I signed 3 players at the start of the season:

Luca Ruffini - He's a young LM

Roberto Giardino - He's a 17 year old CDM who is already a beast.

Tommaso Fantacci - Young CAM

Other players to look out for are these guys:

Ernesto Torregrossa - A young striker with 18 for heading and beast stats all round.

Luca Camorani - Young RM

Spark - Young wingback at Dundee United that can cover both sides of the pitch.  Rangers need someone like him to cover Tav and Wallace when you start off.

BillyBoys_DFF7EF5A-8A0C-485B-B43C-31E8F1369661.fmf

How many of them did you find without Genie Scout? :pipe:

36 minutes ago, aird said:

How many of them did you find without Genie Scout? :pipe:

All of them.  GenieScout is the most powerful tool anyone could use with this game.  Seeing the hidden attributes is one of the best advantages because I know how injury prone or consistent a player is before signing them.  It also allows me to go out and find the freaks - Guys who have insane attributes for heading, passing, tackling, etc.  Or find squad players that can comfortably cover 3 or 4 positons.

Torregrossa.JPG

4Positions.JPG

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

All of them.  GenieScout is the most powerful tool anyone could use with this game.  Seeing the hidden attributes is one of the best advantages because I know how injury prone or consistent a player is before signing them.  It also allows me to go out and find the freaks - Guys who have insane attributes for heading, passing, tackling, etc.  Or find squad players that can comfortably cover 3 or 4 positons.

Torregrossa.JPG

4Positions.JPG

Surely it takes the fun out of the game though?

12 minutes ago, aird said:

Surely it takes the fun out of the game though?

I tend to sign lots of different players at first but then continually go after the same guys that have worked out in the past so the game gets repetitive.  I also found it impossible to find any quality staff members who were willing to join Rangers.  It really did become quite boring and I would've switched off.  GenieScout doesn't pick the tactics and team it just helps identify players and staff.

I don't mind cheating when it's just me against the computer because I'm not ruining the experience for others.  If this was online like Call of Duty and I was fucking people over then I would see it as being a dick move.

Undefeated in my first season and it's a disaster the next year.  Nine games in and I only have nine points.  I've brought in too many young players that aren't currently good enough and it's fucked me.  I'll need to try again :(

Got a bit of a mental save with Southampton on the go at the moment...

Took over in January of the first season with them 20th, 10 points from safety but still in the Europa League.

After a good start in the league, we were utter pish and ended up getting relegated on GD. 

Europe however was a different story, going all the way, pumping Galatasaray 3-0 in the final. 

So now have a team who'll be playing in the group stages of the Champions League despite being in The Championship :lol:

18 hours ago, RD.1872 said:

Got a bit of a mental save with Southampton on the go at the moment...

Took over in January of the first season with them 20th, 10 points from safety but still in the Europa League.

After a good start in the league, we were utter pish and ended up getting relegated on GD. 

Europe however was a different story, going all the way, pumping Galatasaray 3-0 in the final. 

So now have a team who'll be playing in the group stages of the Champions League despite being in The Championship :lol:

The madness continues! Just beat Real 3-2 in the Supercup after being 2-0 down. Jay Rodriguez with a hat-trick.

CL group of PSG Napoli & Plzen. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, wully said:

Blackpool have been relegated to League Two in my Coventry save but a Lithuanian has bought them for 900k and has promised a transfer kitty of 34.5m.

Joan Laporta of Barca fame, bought Morton in one of my saves. Promised a massive transfer budget of £45k :lol:

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Whenever I'm not Rangers, they mever get promoted and always buy shite players.

They beat Raith Rovers to the title on the final day and lost to the tarriers 3-2 aet in the Scottish Cup

Lewis Stevenson and Prince Bauban are amongst his signings.

2 minutes ago, wully said:

They beat Raith Rovers to the title on the final day and lost to the tarriers 3-2 aet in the Scottish Cup

Lewis Stevenson and Prince Bauban are amongst his signings.

Always finish 3rd/4th, he eithers leaves for a job in the championship or gets sacked.

Stevenson always is signed by them and a few youngsters from Livingston and Alloa.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Got myself a new laptop yesterday, so going to myself FM now, I haven't played it in a good few years.  Anyone any idea the best place to get it for free?

Steam have had quite a few deals for it, a got 2014 for £6 around this time, dunno if the price goes any lower.

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

Got myself a new laptop yesterday, so going to myself FM now, I haven't played it in a good few years.  Anyone any idea the best place to get it for free?

Cheapest I could see is Amazon mate.

Tried Greenmangaming, Argos and Steam but they're all asking £34 whereas Amazon is £28.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2016-PC-DVD/dp/B015CPL286