Rangers V Thistle Youth Round Up

Elfideldo

Thanks for the update Elfideldo, I have to ask has the Warburton revolution inspired the youth at Rangers or is it just business as usual.

The youth set up has been reformed under Craig Mulholland. The youth teams all play 4-3-3 like the first team now.

The youth set up has been reformed under Craig Mulholland. The youth teams all play 4-3-3 like the first team now.

That's true. He has a fine vision. I was over in Ulster for the 2x U20 games against Ballymena and Coleraine and me and my mate met him at the Airport with Ryan Hardie.

The way he spoke was impressive. He said under McCoist, McDowall and Durie the style of play was too dated. We needed something fresh. He was a little apprehensive at first when Warburton came in but after his first meeting with him he was delighted as they were both on the same wavelength.

He said it's a fantastic place to work now compared to before.

I only assume Durrant is happy to still be here and have Mulholland assist him from the touchlines in the U20 games.

Good reporting as usual.Elfideldo (tu) It will be interesting to see if some of these lads can keep progressing as they get older.

Knowing how things can change rapidly in the progress or otherwise of young guys is there anybody that really stands out in that u/16's squad?

Good reporting as usual.Elfideldo (tu) It will be interesting to see if some of these lads can keep progressing as they get older.

Knowing how things can change rapidly in the progress or otherwise of young guys is there anybody that really stands out in that u/16's squad?

Of course its all about opinions but the obvious answer is the three U16's that didn't play Friday but started for the 17's on Sunday.

Scott Gray, Jack Thomson & Zak Rudden, you can add Jordan Houston to that as he would have started for the 17's but is injured at the moment.

Stephen Kelly is a real talent and will feature for the 17's a lot this season, misses out a wee bit as he is physically kind of in between.

Players develop at different rates, I really like Michael Hewitt but comapred to most of the 17's he is physically at a big disadvantage and most of his game time will be at 16's this season

Of course its all about opinions but the obvious answer is the three U16's that didn't play Friday but started for the 17's on Sunday.

Scott Gray, Jack Thomson & Zak Rudden, you can add Jordan Houston to that as he would have started for the 17's but is injured at the moment.

Stephen Kelly is a real talent and will feature for the 17's a lot this season, misses out a wee bit as he is physically kind of in between.

Players develop at different rates, I really like Michael Hewitt but comapred to most of the 17's he is physically at a big disadvantage and most of his game time will be at 16's this season

I have heard of Gray & Thomson and of course Rudden who seems to get mentioned on a regular basis. I will keep my eye open for these other guys you have mentioned. Keep up the good work,Elfideldo :thumbup: