Andy Haliday

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mixing up gattuso and hemdani. Hemdani was great for us but bossing midfields was not his forte. He was a defensive midfielder who broke up play.

No even thinking about Gattuso, talking about Hemdani, bossing the game breaking up play taking it by the scruff of the neck stopping the opposition playing which to me is bossing the midfield.

The bit that really stands out for me is how much he protects his teammates. I think it was against Raith one of their players went through Jason Holt and the ref played on, the player took the ball 10 seconds later and Halliday absolutely levelled him to the floor and stood over him for a split second. Really like that in a player who would run through brick walls for his teammates.

Also he gives 100% in every tackle and when you can clearly see hes hurt himself he gets up and gets on with it because he knows the badge on the front is what hes playing for.

No even thinking about Gattuso, talking about Hemdani, bossing the game breaking up play taking it by the scruff of the neck stopping the opposition playing which to me is bossing the midfield.

I agree that sounds like bossing the midfield...doesn't sound like Hemdani though

This,I never got the love in with Thomson, a 5/10 player imo, clattering Robbie Keane don't = hero in my book.

Halliday has plenty more about him.

Loved 'that' tackle, he's far from my footballing hero, but a quality, hard working, tough tackling defence midfielder he was. 7/10 player, shame about his injuries

He's a far better player than Thomson.

Thomson was and still is average at best IMO.

You need to have a word with yourself. You're getting carried away, big time.

During injury-free periods, Kevin Thomson was absolutely tremendous in a Rangers jersey. He was a vital part of the Ferguson, Davis and Mendes midfield which we had the privilege of watching in 2008/09.

I love Andy Halliday, he hasn't put a thing wrong and is living all of our dreams for us, the wee boy from Govan who grew-up to play for the Queen's eleven. However, he must demonstrate his ability against higher opposition, like Tuesday night, before we can start throwing his name over European Cup finalists. I'll be honest; I'm sceptical, but very, very hopeful.

You need to have a word with yourself. You're getting carried away, big time.

During injury-free periods, Kevin Thomson was absolutely tremendous in a Rangers jersey. He was a vital part of the Ferguson, Davis and Mendes midfield which we had the privilege of watching in 2008/09.

I love Andy Halliday, he hasn't put a thing wrong and is living all of our dreams for us, the wee boy from Govan who grew-up to play for the Queen's eleven. However, he must demonstrate his ability against higher opposition, like Tuesday night, before we can start throwing his name over European Cup finalists. I'll be honest; I'm sceptical, but very, very hopeful.

Good post mate. (tu) I agree with all of this.

Halliday is really impressing me, I wasn't sure what to expect but he puts everything into every game and you can just tell how much he loves it.

I want him to be a success and I really hope there is more to come from him for many years.

Thomson on his game was a very good player for us. Hemdani couldn't handle the speed of Scottish football and only ever looked a player in Europe where he got more space and time. Even then he was only ever a destroyer of the oppositions attacks. He was never a creator. A luxury player. What would Warburton have thought of him?

Don't normally disagree with you Cumnock but I think Hemdani is quite overrated on here.

A solid 7 out of ten probably every match he played but I dont think he was ever spectacular.

Thomson had a bit of everything, fucking shame he was made of chocolate.

Fair doos bud, all about opinions.