Andy Haliday

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thompson was technically good but made of glass and came from the Paul Scholes school of tackling where he was always late . Always annoys me too when a midfielder is so one footed. halliday can only get better and in five years when only 28 he'll be a top player though right now he'll do for me.

I know there have been other players who have been fans of the club who have played but to me it seems like he is properly just like on of us if you get what I mean. :lol:

He's always replying to Bears on Twitter and favoriting their tweets/videos.

I'm about the same age as him and it's like he's living out my dream for me :lol:

Halliday has done a very good job so far. Seems to like that "quarterback" role but also times his moves forward extremely well.

I'm looking forward to Eustace being ready though, as I feel Halliday could use a similarly forceful player alongside him in games like last weekend, where Zelalem and Holt looked a bit lost in amongst the cluggers.

You need to have a word with yourself. You're getting carried away, big time.

During injury-free periods, Kevin Thomson was absolutely tremendous in a Rangers jersey. He was a vital part of the Ferguson, Davis and Mendes midfield which we had the privilege of watching in 2008/09.

I love Andy Halliday, he hasn't put a thing wrong and is living all of our dreams for us, the wee boy from Govan who grew-up to play for the Queen's eleven. However, he must demonstrate his ability against higher opposition, like Tuesday night, before we can start throwing his name over European Cup finalists. I'll be honest; I'm sceptical, but very, very hopeful.

Ferguson was by far the weak link of that midfield in my opinion

Never lost an Old Firm game with him playing if I remember right.

Lost once, when we played them at breezblock towers after we had won the League.

I think that was his only loss. Prior to that injury at Rugby Park he was the best midfielder in the land, the boy was fantastic.

I don't even remember Ferguson being that big a player for us in the 08/09 season.

Between injury and being dropped after boozegate he missed almost half the season and when he did come back from his first spell out in November I don't think our midfield looked as well balanced as it did when it was Thomson, Mendes & Davis in the early part of the season or Edu, Mendes & Davis towards the end of the season.

Ferguson was by far the weak link of that midfield in my opinion

Think he was treated a bit harshly on here at the time from people that expected too much from him. But I can see what you mean tbh, it was clear he wasn't as mobile as he once was and when Edu replaced him the difference was apparent.

The bit that really stands out for me is how much he protects his teammates. I think it was against Raith one of their players went through Jason Holt and the ref played on, the player took the ball 10 seconds later and Halliday absolutely levelled him to the floor and stood over him for a split second. Really like that in a player who would run through brick walls for his teammates.

Also he gives 100% in every tackle and when you can clearly see hes hurt himself he gets up and gets on with it because he knows the badge on the front is what hes playing for.

This!