Teams Are Beginning To Read Us Now

GOAT

'Long balls' didn't used to have variations. There are positives and negatives to the tactic and how it's employed. People are more focussed on the positives now. For obvious reasons.

Like I said people didn't used to be so specific Jim.

I'm not comparing the teams, I'm comparing peoples reactions.

If people want to defend their change of heart that's fine, I think it's good. I'm just pointing out their opinions, and how they voice those opinions, have altered.

"Long balls didn't used to have variations"

At least you have now answered your own question regards the difference!!?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a not too bad a team. Well organised and certainly know how to play and defend against much better teams like Rangers, but they're not that good to be honest. Although we could've had a few more goals today, so could have they, but they're finishing, fortunately, was shite.

It's us that have become lack lustre. We really need a good striker in the coming months and our defending had better not start thinking just because we're 9 pts clear of our nearest rival that we've won anything yet.

MW&DW have to gee the players up a wee bit and make it clear to them that the titles not won yet. It's going to be difficult for any other team to win it rather than us, but we still have to do it before thinking we already have.

We played aimless long balls for 90 minutes every game? Come on mate.

Long 'passes' are fine now, before they were a massive point of criticism every time. You can't deny people have adapted their perceptions this season.

Long passes are fine in any team. They can be creative and stretch the other team.

Long high balls to a lone striker without pace or anyone to knock them down to is tedious and a waste of time. It shows a lack of tactics or awareness of how to break down the opposition and fans get frustrated and annoyed at it achieving nothing.

He knows fine it's not comparable, he's bitter as fuck.

He was first in the new Chief Scout thread trying to put the appointment down.

I think for Al, Rangers was McCoist.

He's had a chip on his shoulder since he started posting again.

I'm the bitter one? :lol:

Yep, can't question or criticise now can we...?

No. But it's a convenient dig to avoid the point.

Chip on my shoulder? I'm one of the few on here who has actually moved on. :lol:

You don't like it, then Ban me ya primadonna...

and again your missing the point, maybe on purpose

people didnt need to be specific, all ally's teams did was try a long fucking ball, to the point where after the game ally blamed the weather for our poor performance, but not once did he lambast his players for hoofing the thing for 90 minutes

imo you have to go back to the league cup game against motherwell at ibrox to find a passing game under ally, aside from that all his teams did was launch the thing

So we did play aimless long balls for 90 minutes? We didn't. But, it's a 'reality' that suits peoples perceptions. That's my point.

I'm the bitter one? :lol:

Yep, can't question or criticise now can we...? Nothin

No. But it's a convenient dig to avoid the point.

Chip on my shoulder? I'm one of the few on here who has actually moved on. :lol:

You don't like it, then Ban me then ya primadonna...

You're embarrassing yourself getting into these debates.

You were at it in the thread where the gaffer called off the Livi game.

Anyone who tries to compare Ally and Mark is a fucking idiot, it's that simple.

One man had people staying away from Ibrox in their droves and embarrassed the club on and off the park, the other one is the current manager.

Even BP9 has let it go, everyone on here has been buzzing with the new style of football and you've been posting like a burd on her period.

Wipe your fanny and look on the bright side of things, we're on the up.

Except it wasn't like that. People often 'adapt' the past to suit their own outlook of the world.

Listen it might not be palatable to many but plenty of the percieved heinous crimes/mistakes/failures of bygone years are now acceptable. Denying it just makes people look a bit silly. We are in a much better position now, I'm very happy with Warburton. But, it's difficult to overlook the majority of people on here and their hypocrisy.

Sorry but most of the long balls over the past 2 seasosn were hopeful balls up to the likes of Kyle and Daly with no structure. The long passes today were mostly spreading it out to McKay with extreme accuracy. I also thought that despite them defending deep we go to the bye line more today in one game than we did for the whole of last season. Our problem today was the cut back from the bye lien was extremely poor ansd somethign we need to improve.

One man had people staying away from Ibrox in their droves and embarrassed the club on and off the park, the other one is the current manager.

Even BP9 has let it go, everyone on here has been buzzing with the new style of football and you've been posting like a burd on her period.

I've never once compared the managers. Just peoples reactions to similar decisions they made.

I'm as happy as any Rangers fan. If you check the match thread I was preaching positivity and perseverance while others gave up. Not sure how that fits your theory about me. Or how a mere weeks after MW appointment I was defending him and his decisions against plenty on here.

People have mellowed their opinions on decisions that were sacrilegious before. Who makes those decisions is irrelevant to me. I've always respected the Rangers manager. No matter his name.

I thought we were pish first half, second half could have been four or five.

Maybe not as good in the 1st as in the 2nd half but Miller should have buried a chance early on, Waggy should have put one away as well, and some of our general play around their box was good although the finishing let us down.

At least we are making chances - 23 shots with 8 on target (I didn't sit and count them, it says so on the BBC)

I've never once compared the managers. Just peoples reactions to similar decisions they made.

I'm as happy as any Rangers fan. If you check the match thread I was preaching positivity and perseverance while others gave up. Not sure how that fits your theory about me. Or how a mere weeks after MW appointment I was defending him and his decisions against plenty on here.

People have mellowed their opinions on decisions that were sacrilegious before. Who makes those decisions is irrelevant to me. I've always respected the Rangers manager. No matter his name.

Al, you're calling people hypocrites for not being against a high ball, so who's team are you comparing that against?

McCall's? McDowall's?

We all know it's Ally's team you mean, and yea we all went off our fucking heads at it.

The facts are the new gaffer has bought himself plenty breathing space for calling off games and lumping high balls when needed, he's already shown that he knows what he's doing and can be trusted, could we ever trust Ally to know what the fuck he was doing?

So when you come onto threads with your digs about how calling games off is acceptable now etc you ARE comparing Ally and Mark.

Except it wasn't like that. People often 'adapt' the past to suit their own outlook of the world.

Listen it might not be palatable to many but plenty of the percieved heinous crimes/mistakes/failures of bygone years are now acceptable. Denying it just makes people look a bit silly. We are in a much better position now, I'm very happy with Warburton. But, it's difficult to overlook the majority of people on here and their hypocrisy.

Yep! This!

I ain't let fuck all go ab85 is right pointing out the hypocrisy on some of these threads - if Ally's team had scraped a last minute win against queens and lost such a soft goal this place would have been the usual fire storm of Shite - also while I am sure MW will sort it out we need to learn to defend as well as attack

So we did play aimless long balls for 90 minutes? We didn't. But, it's a 'reality' that suits peoples perceptions. That's my point.

oh we did, i can remember forfar away, where we launched high balls to daly against darren dods and marvin andrews in swirling wind conditions, 90 minutes of that brutal shite

and there were many more than that, you know it as well but you just cannot bring yourself to admit it

I ain't let fuck all go ab85 is right pointing out the hypocrisy on some of these threads - if Ally's team had scraped a last minute win against queens and lost such a soft goal this place would have been the usual fire storm of Shite - also while I am sure MW will sort it out we need to learn to defend as well as attack

Whoooooshhhhh

And the point goes over your head too.

Ally was fucking shite, unsure how clear I have to make that to you and your sidekick.

Mark actually knows what he's doing and we trust him.

mccoist's results were comfortbaly worse than a last minute winner, by fuck many times we'd have taken one of them under his tenure

This time last year Hearts were 9 points clear. Just shut the fuck up and stop talking absolute pish please I'm begging you.

oh we did, i can remember forfar away, where we launched high balls to daly against darren dods and marvin andrews in swirling wind conditions, 90 minutes of that brutal shite

and there were many more than that, you know it as well but you just cannot bring yourself to admit it

I can't admit we played aimless long balls for 90 minutes every week because it didn't happen. It didn't. It's like your fixation that we never played youth in the lower leagues too. It's not true, it 's how you, and others, perceived it.

If Bombay will excuse me I shall now compare managers. We'd often resort to the 'long pass' tactic under Ally when playing through a team didn't work. Where as MW has the conviction in his system and players not to panic and change the style so quickly, if it all. That might end up costing us games in future but right now it's working a treat.

Whoooooshhhhh

And the point goes over your head too.

Ally was fucking shite, unsure how clear I have to make that to you and your sidekick.

Mark actually knows what he's doing and we trust him.

I'm nobodies fucking sidekick.

There is a massive difference between the 2 examples. Last season if we beat Q of the S by a last minute gaol it would probably be the first or second chance we had created in the 90 minutes. Today we created numerous chances, especially in the second half but out finisdhing percentage is very poor. There have been many threads on the subject of us needing a quality out and out striker and today emphasised that again. Of course since we dropped 8 points to QotS last season a win in the last minute would have been a positive result