Will we lose out on Naismith now?

I am a bit worried that now that Blackburn have signed Rigters, that the TIC might make more of an attempt to sign Naismith.

We need to get this kid signed now or THEY will get him.

What you all think?

if we lose him due to the penny pinching the grumbles will become extremely loud from the fans. SDM will be pushing his luck to the limit if he meesses up here.

if we lose him due to the penny pinching the grumbles will become extremely loud from the fans. SDM will be pushing his luck to the limit if he meesses up here.

You're damn right there. Killie know we have the cash after the Faubert deal went cold and their demands are quite reasonable.

We should pay up for Naismith and Cuellar before someone else does.

I a beginning to think that we have no intention of buying this kid. Certainly, if we do want the lad then we are hardly going about it in a way that suggests we are serious

Imagine you are Naismith right now - would you want to go to a team who value you at 300k? then 600k, then 750k?

Man, all these threads on Naismith, I honestly couldn't care less if we get him or not. He's not worth more than a million in my opinion and although our bids so far have been a bit embarrassing with the whole 'payment over 4 years' thing, I'd rather we penny pinched a bit on this one rather than being forced to pay over the odds. He's hardly going to take us to the next level, and in fact how often would he even start? And although his price would go up straight away, it would soon come down again if he wasn't playing. If for arguments sake we got him for £1.5M, and then sold him after 2/3 years of playing reserve football with a handful of first team starts, there's no way we would get back what we paid. If we get him fine, he is a decent player and in all likeliness will improve further, but if we don't get him I'm not going to feel like we really missed out.

Man, all these threads on Naismith, I honestly couldn't care less if we get him or not. He's not worth more than a million in my opinion and although our bids so far have been a bit embarrassing with the whole 'payment over 4 years' thing, I'd rather we penny pinched a bit on this one rather than being forced to pay over the odds. He's hardly going to take us to the next level, and in fact how often would he even start? And although his price would go up straight away, it would soon come down again if he wasn't playing. If for arguments sake we got him for £1.5M, and then sold him after 2/3 years of playing reserve football with a handful of first team starts, there's no way we would get back what we paid. If we get him fine, he is a decent player and in all likeliness will improve further, but if we don't get him I'm not going to feel like we really missed out.

Exactly. At the moment we cant even work out the starting formation due to the players we have available.

I think we are falling into a mentality of "we have to have this player".

Exactly. At the moment we cant even work out the starting formation due to the players we have available.

I think we are falling into a mentality of "we have to have this player".

Agreed.

I'd like to bet that big Jean Claude will score more than Naismith next season, wherever he ends up.

Naismith is a good player, but never worth anything above £1.5million. If celtic want him they can have him and if we lose out on him, big deal(I'll take him for anything under £1.5million)

Again, we have wee Stevey Lennon, give him a chance and I bet he'll be just as good as Naismith if not better.

I think there is a danger of us becoming obsessed with signing Naismith - not because he is something our squad particularly needs - but to attempt to "put one over on "Celtic" due to the fact we lost out on Brown.

He would be a useful but not essential addition to the squad.

He will be neither at an over inflated price.

Alot of us don't want Naimsith because of what he will offer to the team, most of us want him simply to stop Celtic getting him and getting what they see to be "another one" over on us.

It's very much to do with the mindset of our fans. We are so used to being number one and snapping up any talented SPL player who comes along, that we can't bear to see him go anywhere else, especially after missing out on Brown to Celtic.

I look at the players we have signed who play in Naismith poistions: JCD and Beasley so far, with McCulloch rumoured to be on the way too and I just can't see where he is going to fit in, I can't help but wonder how fans can seriously talk about how we are wasting all this money on McCulloch yet they want to see us spend almost 1.5 million on a player, who will sit on the bench more often than not, mainly because they don't want Celtic to get him.

I'd rather see us spend money on actually improving our team to compete with Celtic on the pitch, not to try and get a few bitch points over them before the football even starts!

there has been no fresh bid for Kilmarnock's Steven Naismith. The Ibrox club had a third bid rejected over the weekend and any subsequent offer may depend on their success with other signing targets.

Rangers' latest offer involved an initial payment of 334,000, with further instalments over the next two years, taking it to 1m, and a further 500,000 when he made 100 appearances. However, Kilmarnock want 2m for the player and are not prepared to compromise given that Naismith still has three years left on his contract

Let's hope it stays like that. They want £2million, they can gtf!!!

Again, we have wee Stevey Lennon, give him a chance and I bet he'll be just as good as Naismith if not better.

Everyone seems to have forgot about him and I don't know why.

He'd be a more productive player in a Rangers team than Naismith would be in the Killie team. Lennon was EXCELLENT when I watched him last season.

Furthermore to this Lennon vs Naismith equation - there is the added benefit of the encouragement it wil give other youngsters in the squad seeing one of their ilk breaking through to the first team squad and getting the chance.

The only thing I would suggest however which favours Naismith in this respect is that he is a proven goalscorer within the SPL...something which Lennon due to his lack of chances in the first team is not.

I don't think Rangers will though otherwise we wouldn't be offering £300k and £600k over 2 years .

the way to look at it We have our valuations and will only offer a bit more.

Naismith £1m max

Faubert £5m max

McCOOOlluch £2.2m max

Cuellar £2.5m max

Brown £3.5m max

that's why were losing out cos clubs with money to burn will just up it and we're sunk.