• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete and utter nonsense.[/quote

Which points do you disagree with?

Is Halliday a defensive midfielder?

Is Waghorn a natural number 9?

Are Zelalem and Oduwa standouts.. No.

Is Halliday our best defensive midfielder. Yes.

Is Martyn Waghorn our best centre forward. Yes.

Are they the most 2 talented. Yes.

Your point was full of Shite.

ame="STEPPS BOY" post="1062992965" timestamp="1448154482"]

I agree mate but don't think Oduwa or Zelalem are 'really' the most talented. Neither of them have scored a goal. Holt has probably assisted more than both combined if I checked the records so far, possibly scored more than both have assisted too. Also, Halliday is decent as DM at this level, but playing Halliday there although he's a good player is like playing a CM who isn't defensive, there is a possibilty we could get outmuscled in midfield etc.I'm not calling for some 7ft tank, I'm just saying DM is probably our weakest position in the squad, if Halliday is injured our only backup. is Thompson. I'm not doubting him in any way, but he could be probably even more effective playing in Zelalem's spot with a real Championship enforcer or good find from MW as CDM.

For me Halliday has more of a attacking benefit of being able to score from outside the box if he waited to be tee'd up for shots from outside it possibly in Zelalem's spot, which would give us more defensive bite in the final third too, rather than trying to focus on defense as his main strength. Long Shooting is one of his best qualities but he never gets a pop from CDM. I'm not a football manager but.

No offence to Zelalem, but for me, Shiels or Law or someone should be starting ahead of him next match. Barry McKay would even be a shout centrally but GZ would probably throw the rattle out the pram if MW dropped him like that and leave at Xmas. Shiels and Law seem to make things happen instead of just receiving the ball and then looking for a pass always at the same rate it seems like eg like a reserve game, they seem to make more attacking runs and cause more goal threat with more physicality. GZ probably has more transfer value, but Shiels & Law have both scored more than him with less time,

I might just feel a bit overreacted at the poor result today, but I would even go so far to say that if GZ was actually our player, I would loan him out to English League one/Championship instead of playing for us at the moment and give Law/Shiels their last year of decent playtime then leave, then bring a strong midfielder in to play with Zelalem, Holt, Halliday, and a good CDM. I rated him very highly, but I would prefer Lewis MacLeod than him ... maybe GZ will be top player one day, but at the present I'm sure LMac would have contributed to our team a lot more, and got more assists and goals, and is a boyhood fan.

I agree mate but don't think Oduwa or Zelalem are 'really' the most talented. Neither of them have scored a goal. Holt has probably assisted more than both combined if I checked the records so far, possibly scored more than both have assisted too. Also, Halliday is decent as DM at this level, but playing Halliday there although he's a good player is like playing a CM who isn't defensive, there is a possibilty we could get outmuscled in midfield etc.I'm not calling for some 7ft tank, I'm just saying DM is probably our weakest position in the squad, if Halliday is injured our only backup. is Thompson. I'm not doubting him in any way, but he could be probably even more effective playing in Zelalem's spot with a real Championship enforcer or good find from MW as CDM.

For me Halliday has more of a attacking benefit of being able to score from outside the box if he waited to be tee'd up for shots from outside it possibly in Zelalem's spot, which would give us more bite too, rather than trying to focus on defense as his main strength. Long Shooting is one of his best qualities but he never gets a pop from CDM. I'm not a football manager but.

We need a Terry Hurlock to just look at players and they give him the ball. Defo need a bit a fear factor in the midfield that players know when he is coming for the ball he is getting it.

ame="STEPPS BOY" post="1062992965" timestamp="1448154482"]

Nice deflection.

If Oduwa is one of our most talented players then we are in trouble.

A show pony with absolutely no end product.

Hibs will drop points for fucksake people are quite right to criticise Rangers just now but Hibs are not Real Madrid

Wasnt the same thing said last year about Hearts?

If we are thatconfident in our own performances we wouldnt even be considering the Embra scum without bus fare.

Complete and utter nonsense.[/quote

Which points do you disagree with?

Is Halliday a defensive midfielder?

Is Waghorn a natural number 9?

Are Zelalem and Oduwa standouts.. No.

He underestimated the league - nonsense, he hasn't. He had barely 3 months to pull together a team from the tatters of last seasons collection of misfits. He has had limited money and the difficulty of trying to get players to steps down to Championship level. Despite that, He has taken us to the top of the league, playing attacking football, and giving young boys a chance into the bargain. Halliday has done a pretty good shift so far as defensive midfield. The same with Waghorn - so he doesn't score as many chances as he should - that puts him in the same boat as the vast majority of strikers. Zelalem and Oduwa are talented players but as with all young players they have a lot to learn and will blow hot and cold. I will not condemn a manager for giving young players an opportunity.

See this "Warbs" patter get it to fuck.

That's Warbs' name though. He calls himself Warbs. You saying you know better than Warbs?

:lol: Shut the fuck up,when has he ever called himself "Warbs"

When has Warburton ever referred to himself as "Warbs"?

Twitter

He has said it on Twitter.

Awkward.