Is There A Witch Hunt After Mark Warburton?

Captain Hilts

The interviews are boring cos they ask the same questions every week. It's hard to tell the difference between the certain parts of the mainstream media and the tabloids these days. The interviews are boring so lets just invent a "source" and ignore the fact that both Rangers and Fulham said there was nothing to it.

M8 the mainstream media in Scotland would embarassing the National Inquirer.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he obligated to give a press conference before every game? Can he outsource to Davie Weir or one of our players every so often?

it's been Warburton and 1 player before every game so far this season. not sure if this is compulsory or not

When explaining something to idiots it's accepted that they might not quite get it the 1st time. So when they come back a 2nd time with the same questions it's expected. When they return a 3rd time it starts to get annoying but you try to remain calm. After that you understand that they will never get it and sometimes lose the rag

That's Scottish sports writers .. annoying dumb fucks. Their happiness thrives in not understanding the facts no matter how many times they are told. It's like they're in competition to see who MW will tell to fuck off first.

have to say this SMSM speculation about Warbs leaving, linked with Richard Wilson of BBC even getting in on it (surprised at him) smacks of an intentional ploy to upset/unsettle Warbs and maybe even to get him to say `fk it! I`m not standing for this shit` and leave for `family reasons`.

They are running scared because we have a really great and talented manager, signing young upcoming players from Europe while their beloved septic are going backwards!

I expect it to be even worse once we return to the top league so it`s up to the Rangers board to weed out the shit-stirrers from press conferences and ban all that print crap stories purely to wind up Warbs or get at him and our club.

Daily Record,Herald,Jackson,BBC should all be banned!

If this is a witch hunt what would be editing to responses to make it appear he was laughing at a question about sectarianism and portraying him falling from the Ibrox roof?

I know the press in this country aint exactly top drawer but that was a bad one.

Jumped out the Ibrox window with the crest breaking during it too I'm sure :anguish:

Sectarianism one was pure sabotage and disgraceful 'journalism', simply no defence for it.

In my experience, journalists cannot take any sort of criticism whatsoever and will take the proverbial huff when they receive it. Vastly overpaid for what they do, usually as far up their own backside as it is possible to be, they are so wrapped up in their self importance they think that every story they produce is gospel (even when it quite obviously wrong). The saying 'a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing' sums them up, with emphasis on the little. If they had to do a day of honest hard graft like most of us, they wouldn't know what hit them.

This.

I think it's been about ten years since I last bought a paper, before that it was every day on my way to work the same as most folk. It just got to a point though that you're reading it and knowing that it's all pish so whats the point. Newspapers are not for reading news they're for reading someones opinion on the news or for reading little stories they've made up because they have nothing else to write about or are trying to engineer something to write about for the next few weeks to keep themselves busy without having to do any real work. They're for giving yourself something to be angry about. Fact is there's not that much to write about, not enough to fill a paper on a daily basis, so if they stuck to actual news and acted like proper journalists only a fraction of them would be in a job and you'd only get a paper once or twice a week when they could collate enough stuff that actually happened. People however want to buy a paper every day and they take that as people wanting to pay for their opinion, that their opinion is valued and they're fighting the good fight. They use that false impression to feed their own ego and the idea of their own self importance just grows the longer they get away with it.

Journalism at the standard level is no different from the likes of the Digger or the shitty women's mags with the Jeremy Kyle type shite passing for stories. It's always been poor but with social media, bloggers etc widely distributing actual news almost instantly print media is more and more having to rely on sensation or engineered stories to have a place in the world.

So no, it's not a witch hunt it's them knowing that everyone wants to read something that is in some way connected to Rangers so engineer something to write about and they've filled their week, throw a negative slant on it and they'll either provoke a reaction to write/talk about or if not at least there's something to sell papers to the haters. It's low but as they're basically shit at their jobs and lazy it's all they're capable of.

Not a witch hunt. The manager is highly rated down south and there will be some people there who have not watched our games but have been looking at results where we have been regularly scoring 4 or more and it may look more impressive than it actually is. The bookies compile these odds and strangely they seem to have him as favourite for each job which is handing a story on a plate for the Scottish media who then are like a dog with a bone.

Of course it isn't a witch hunt the mhedia are just terrified of Mr Warburton and are doing anything that they can to drive him away.

Thankfully it wont work but if even we are shocked by how bad the mhedia have been imagine how confused Mr Warburton must be

Of course it isn't a witch hunt the mhedia are just terrified of Mr Warburton and are doing anything that they can to drive him away.

Thankfully it wont work but if even we are shocked by how bad the mhedia have been imagine how confused Mr Warburton must be

what by getting all the bookmakers to install him as favourite for jobs down south?

This is an orchestrated witch hunt on the man by certain media members,of that i have no doubt,but who could be the ring leader in this?

Who would have the power to do this?

Who has the media dancing to their/his every whim?

Seems to me someone is scared of what MW is achieving at Ibrox and needs him out asap because of the threat MW poses to their run to ten in a row and a European cash cow of steady big potential Champions League money.

Is this a paranoid viewpoint?

Maybe but what is going on smacks of fearing a threat to someones domination and a smart men like MW and SDoW will see right through.

We are coming and someone does'nt like it one bit.

This is an orchestrated witch hunt on the man by certain media members,of that i have no doubt,but who could be the ring leader in this?

Who would have the power to do this?

Who has the media dancing to their/his every whim?

Seems to me someone is scared of what MW is achieving at Ibrox and needs him out asap because of the threat MW poses to their run to ten in a row and a European cash cow of steady big potential Champions League money.

Is this a paranoid viewpoint?

Maybe but what is going on smacks of fearing a threat to someones domination and a smart men like MW and SDoW will see right through.

We are coming and someone does'nt like it one bit.

Comes from right at the very top of sky bet, bet victor, ladbrokes, William hill, Stan James and paddy power.

Shadowy Fenians

We meed mulder and skully, the truth is out there

Dooo doooo doooo

Yep which are part of the media i didn't say the issue was only with the one part of the media. Also at no point did i say that there is a witch hunt either.

Exactly but the media putting a story out about him being favourite wether or not he's going to.go, its still a story.

Paranoia on here is at a level the tarriers would be proud of

I think the media just have a shite mentality. They're not interested in helping Scottish Football, just looking for their next headline, so they can get a buzz on social media. Thereby justifying their own existence.

We could really be doing with a mainstream media outlet that really cared about the development of Scottish football and supported clubs trying to build a club capable of lifting Scottish football out of the mess it's in.