14 Team Spfl

WCPRANGERS1

I don't know what the number would be, but I'd be tempted to do something similar to the MLS. A regular season, which awards a "fans cup" or something, then a championship play-off between the top 4 clubs for the title and European spots. Pretty crazy I know, but we need something radical in Scottish football to garner interest once again.

So the potential £15 million CL could go to the team that finished 4th, 40 points behind the one that finished 1st, .... Aye that's fucking radical alright ... lol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 12 team top flight isn't that bad, the split gives a lot of teams around the middle of the League a goal and an incentive for the middle part of the Season and before we were demoted in the 12 Seasons it was a 12 team League the Title was decided on the last day of the Season five times, thats a pretty decent ratio.

The lack of a genuine challenger to them these past three years has made the format look worse than it is

So the potential £15 million CL could go to the team that finished 4th, 40 points behind the one that finished 1st, .... Aye that's fucking radical alright ... lol

In England the potential £100m gauranteed BPL spot can go to a team in 6th spot, 20 points behind a team in 3rd spot - Everyone is aware of the rules before a ball is kicked

I'd like to see a 16 Team League playing each other, keep the new changes to the League Cup except make it completely regionalised and also intergrate into the first half of the Season meaning the TV would get their 4 Old Firm games,

As we'd be dropping 4 Home games from the League Season clubs could include those 3 gauranteed League Cup "derbies" into their Season Ticket as a replacement for SPFL games lost.

● 16 team League with 3 Relegation spots

● Bottom two automatically go down

● 13th vs 14th in a 2 leg Relegation Play-Off

● Teams 4th-7th enter into Europa League Play-Off

Under that I'd have two Championships, a North and South Championship, the Winners of both would be automatically promoted and 3rd and 4th place from each Division would enter into Play-Off's for the Final remaining Play-Off position.

I.e 3rd from Championship South vs 4th from Championship North and vice versa

Regionalising the Divisions directly under a bigger Premiership would hopefully save clubs a lot of money in traveling expense, it also gives fans more opportunities to get to games.

Ideally I'd also like to see the SPFL get Stagecoach and Scotrail heavily involved in putting on more trains/buses for fans at a heavily reduced rate in return for their brands to be plastered all over SPFL clubs billboards etc...

Sunday morning/noon/night games shouldn't be a problem if fans have an opportunity to get to and from games

TBH, the fayre on offer would bring tears to a gless eye!

The Scottish game is packed with dross from top to bottom and due to the economic difference between us and south of the border, makes it doubly difficult to improve it for the foreseeable future.

If the SFA/SPFL had any shame they would just close the fucking lot down. Apart from the top 4 or 5 teams, the rest could go junior and the SFA could arrange for the chosen few to be accepted into the English leagues, with us and the scum at least put in the Championship.

Then I woke up. :anguish: