Non Threat At Corners And Set Plays

eejay the dj

Watching Bournemouth tonight . Just convinced me ,how bloody pathetic we are at these this season .

We offer no threat whatsoever at Corners under than this short ball routine we persist with .

We hit a few into box today with a flat ball .Easier to defend .Can not remember the last time we had someone who could actually whipped a ball into the box ,causing havoc as it usually does.

Most of the better sides have at least one player who can do this .

Today we had McKay taking corners from both sides , Just don't get that ,especially as he is piss poor at them

As much as I quite like Kiernan and Ball ,they offer nothing in the oppositions box in the way of any threat .

They are marked up and have weighed in with zero goals this season .

When the fuck did we last score with a header .

Something has to be done about this important part of playing the game .

Warburton is taking all the praise for the style of play we are playing this season. For me ,he is hacking me off with all the predictability of never changing his style .

We slated Ally with his direct ,lump it up the park approach . Hated watching it every other week .I certainly did

Sadly it does work from time to time . Why don't we as least have the option of going long on occasion . Some defences may even be worse than we actually think . Problem is . You wouldn't know with the amount of passes we string across the park getting nowhere at times .

Chance after chance goes a begging . Still takes us 7/8 good chances to score 1 goal .

The opposition are punishing us every time with a 1/3 rate it seems every game

I would be the first to admit ,I would take Warbs style over Ally's all day long . That does not mean we have to over look things when he deserves some criticism .

Seriously gutted with our last 3 performances .The Hibs game was unfortunate.It was all down to not being clinical enough with our chances

The last 3 games though have left me as frustrated as most the games I watched under Ally.

Tonight I would say Mark .Get the finger out .

Watching Bournemouth tonight . Just convinced me ,how bloody pathetic we are at these this season .

We offer no threat whatsoever at Corners under than this short ball routine we persist with .

We hit a few into box today with a flat ball .Easier to defend .Can not remember the last time we had someone who could actually whipped a ball into the box ,causing havoc as it usually does.

Most of the better sides have at least one player who can do this .

Today we had McKay taking corners from both sides , Just don't get that ,especially as he is piss poor at them

As much as I quite like Kiernan and Ball ,they offer nothing in the oppositions box in the way of any threat .

They are marked up and have weighed in with zero goals this season .

When the fuck did we last score with a header .

Something has to be done about this important part of playing the game .

Warburton is taking all the praise for the style of play we are playing this season. For me ,he is hacking me off with all the predictability of never changing his style .

We slated Ally with his direct ,lump it up the park approach . Hated watching it every other week .I certainly did

Sadly it does work from time to time . Why don't we as least have the option of going long on occasion . Some defences may even be worse than we actually think . Problem is . You wouldn't know with the amount of passes we string across the park getting nowhere at times .

Chance after chance goes a begging . Still takes us 7/8 good chances to score 1 goal .

The opposition are punishing us every time with a 1/3 rate it seems every game

I would be the first to admit ,I would take Warbs style over Ally's all day long . That does not mean we have to over look things when he deserves some criticism .

Seriously gutted with our last 3 performances .The Hibs game was unfortunate.It was all down to not being clinical enough with our chances

The last 3 games though have left me as frustrated as most the games I watched under Ally.

Tonight I would say Mark .Get the finger out .

Under Ally the frustration was because we were paying duds upwards of 10 grand a week only to watch them struggle to pass to each other.

The frustration from today is that we are a better side than we've shown.

Arses needing kicked imo

Nonsense really we've scored plenty of goals from set pieces and corners.

Miller today, holt v st mirren (short corner), waghorn v qos (short corner), Wallace v raith rovers (short free kick) and there are probably 5-10 more that haven't sprung to mind. I hate cunts who moan about short corners, it's obviously the managers instructions the players are following and if we buy into the new style of play then we should buy into everything else the manager wants to do.

We scored two goals in one game from short corners against St Mirren. Scored the winner against QoS from a short corner. Scored from a set piece in two games against hibs. Scored from corner against livi. Set piece against falkirk etc etc.

Questioning MWs ability is ridiculous after what we as fans and a club have been through. The guy is a revelation for us and has built a practically brand new team, has them top of the league having lost once and in a final of a cup. If managers like MW are hounded out of Scottish football cause he doesnae pure hiv a target man or lumps the ball up the park when were chasing the game or doesnt punt enough balls into the box fae corners then we really can't moan as to where Scottish football currently sits on a Euro and International level.

Was just saying to the guy sat next to me that Peralta had been as good as we've had recently at delivering corners & free kicks (not the sort Tav does well), when Kenny scored!

Don't know if Tav's delivery was some kind of tribute......

Ordinarily, though, we get excited about these more in hope than expectation.

Yes mate .It was a beauty and we caught them cold .My post still stands though .Not nearly enough variation .Or for that matter ,even looking like we are practicing them on the training ground .

I seen a corner 2 weeks ago passed to a player who then passed it back to the halfway line.

Utterly pathetic.

I agree it's annoying we don't hit some corners into the box and have a big centre half attack it

I know he's not getting much game time, but Wilson scored with a towering effort against us last year, didn't he?

Can't recall him coming close this season.