Nicky Law Did More In 20 Minutes Than Zelalem Has All Season

Wawrinka

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he won't, what's your point? He should have been sold in the Summer. Hard to ever forget him for last season especially.

He hid when the full team was hiding me and although he should never have been allowed to get away with it. Without his goals we would never have made the playoffs.

Clean slate with the new manager mate. Look forward not backwards

He hid when the full team was hiding me and although he should never have been allowed to get away with it. Without his goals we would never have made the playoffs.

Clean slate with the new manager mate. Look forward not backwards

It's hard not too, when he's still in the team.

It's hard not too, when he's still in the team.

He might be the same person but different player. I really disliked him last season as well. his speciality was to recieve a ball run backwards like a wee girl then pass to a defender. Never went in for a 50/50. he was embarrassing against the tims. but that player is no longer with us :D

But he won't, what's your point? He should have been sold in the Summer. Hard to ever forget him for last season especially.

My point is he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He's played very well this season with what game time he has had but some people just can't move on from Ally's tenure

My point is he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He's played very well this season with what game time he has had but some people just can't move on from Ally's tenure

He's been better than last season that's it. Everyone's moved on in regards to Wallace. It's just hard too forget about Law's last couple of seasons.

He's been better than last season that's it. Everyone's moved on in regards to Wallace. It's just hard too forget about Law's last couple of seasons.

Last season is irrelevant, Warburton kept him so he is part of the squad. The only thing that counts is whether he has performed better than other players in that position this season. Is Law a world beater? no. Is Law good enough to help us win the title ahead of Celtic if we get promoted? no. Is Law better than Zelalem, his main competition for a starting place? Hell fucking yes he is.

Last season is irrelevant, Warburton kept him so he is part of the squad. The only thing that counts is whether he has performed better than other players in that position this season. Is Law a world beater? no. Is Law good enough to help us win the title ahead of Celtic if we get promoted? no. Is Law better than Zelalem, his main competition for a starting place? Hell fucking yes he is.

He really isn't, and never will be.

I don't even think Law was that bad last season.

Everybody criticises the stuff he didn't do defensively but he was one of the few players who actually contributed going forward. 13 goals and 9 assists was a good return for a midfielder.

People seem to have forgiven and forgotten about Wallace's bad performances from last season but Law's are brought up all the time.

I hope he starts against Hibs because we look a far more balanced team when he's in there.

Everybody criticises the stuff he didn't do defensively but he was one of the few players who actually contributed going forward. 13 goals and 9 assists was a good return for a midfielder.

People seem to have forgiven and forgotten about Wallace's bad performances from last season but Law's are brought up all the time.

I hope he starts against Hibs because we look a far more balanced team when he's in there.

Good player in a poor team was how I saw it. I don't think he'll ever be recognised as a box-to-box tough tackling midfielder but then that's never been his game nor, I doubt, was what was expected when he was signed.

I agree - he can also go past a player and open up the space which is invaluable.

Agree (tu)

If Law is as good as some on here suggest, why hasn't he been given a new contract?

It's simple. When the going gets tough, he hides.

I would be ecstatic if he proves me wrong.

Noone is suggesting Law is some world beater read the OP, Its whether he's better than the others in that position. Is he better than Holt? no. Is he better than Zelalem? yes

Zelalem is frustrating as hell, there is a player there but whether we will ever get the benefit of that is highly doubtful.

I think Law would probably give us a bit of drive and get us a few goals.... Maybe even get some benefit from him wanting to get a contract either with us or somewhere else.

Most on here would be ecstatic if we owned him.

You wouldn't know a player.

If he penetrated defences I would take I him in a heartbeat.

In a 4231 he would be perfect as an advanced midfielder

In a 433 with no holding midfielders you need 3 strong box to box players which he isn't.

Our tactics don't suit him but you can't deny his ability

If he penetrated defences I would take I him in a heartbeat.

In a 4231 he would be perfect as an advanced midfielder

In a 433 with no holding midfielders you need 3 strong box to box players which he isn't.

Our tactics don't suit him but you can't deny his ability

Well, he doesn't have any tackling ability, shooting ability or heading ability.....the side to side passes are ok....