Oduwa At Their Second Goal

ForeverAndEver

Oduwa is good player but still young and he needs coached the right way. He must drive at defenders every time he gets the ball and once in the box shoot or cross it.

McKay also has to do the same

Vuckic would have been a great signing for the money, he is aggressive and dosen t shirk tackles. An eye for goal and and able to operate in a few positions.

If your going to find wingers then at this moment Vladimir Weiss is bang on the money for us, can also play in a few positions and has a proven pedigree so far.

Zelalem isn't the answer though, too lightweight and is now scared of how physical it is up here.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beats me how young Murdoch cant get a game in our midfield he offers more Walsh seems to have vanished as well.

Both not great players but would offer us fight and passion and a degree of skill we are missing.

Walsh would be in my team every week , cracking young player.

Did you see how lazy he was to chase the ball back and then to casually flick the ball back to the keeper giving away the corner? It was a disgrace. The goal was directly his fault.

Total nonsense. The boy did well to track back all the way to foil an attack. If we are going to crucify a young player for a misplaced pass then it really is time to give up.

Made a mistake with the back pass, but also tracked the length of the park when others were being breezed by.

Tav is the guilty party for the 2nd goal IMO.

Shiels was caught ball watching too, he should have been alert to Vaulks. I'm sure Vaulks scored from a corner at Ibrox as well this season.

Oduwa is not a team player.

At a time when the team need us, all we do is criticise the young lads and say send them back, you guys must have been superstar football players when you were his age and didnt make any mistakes while learning the game or want to bees.

I think people have been waiting and hoping he would start to become a team player but, its got to the stage where its clear hes not great and should be dropped. Are you saying we should stick our heads in the sand?

Oduwa is not a team player.

I think people have been waiting and hoping he would start to become a team player but, its got to the stage where its clear hes not great and should be dropped. Are you saying we should stick our heads in the sand?

Im not saying that but getting on the lads back isnt going to help either. He started off well then got booted up and down the park with no protection and has lost his way and the first thing some fans do is get on the lads back. Hes been out and in the team not getting opportunity work on his game, Zal is a different issue but overall these lads are decent players learning their game and will make mistakes we all did at their age.

Im not saying that but getting on the lads back isnt going to help either. He started off well then got booted up and down the park with no protection and has lost his way and the first thing some fans do is get on the lads back. Hes been out and in the team not getting opportunity work on his game, Zal is a different issue but overall these lads are decent players learning their game and will make mistakes we all did at their age.

we are desperate for promotion mate. We really cant afford to be playing kids to give them game time if the negatives of having them outweigh the positives. Yes young players make mistakes - but we simply cant afford for them them be making mistakes and letting them work on their game - we have to be winning.

Also MW has better understanding of the level of game and subsequently the level of loanee he needs now. He maybe thought some Arsenal or Spurs kids would come up here and run riot from the get go and that hasn't happened so I think you will see a few older experienced pros coming in now to supplant some of the younger guys.

I applauded him as he tracked back, then the shoulder challenge showing his strength was all good, but why then a sloppy flick at an attempt at a pass back? He could have stopped and passed the ball in front of the keeper as the hard part was done and he was in full control of the situation.

Lazy sloppy lazy again springs to mind..

Could you imagine him doing that under Advocatt? A pointless corner that led to a goal

we are desperate for promotion mate. We really cant afford to be playing kids to give them game time if the negatives of having them outweigh the positives. Yes young players make mistakes - but we simply cant afford for them them be making mistakes and letting them work on their game - we have to be winning.

Also MW has better understanding of the level of game and subsequently the level of loanee he needs now. He maybe thought some Arsenal or Spurs kids would come up here and run riot from the get go and that hasn't happened so I think you will see a few older experienced pros coming in now to supplant some of the younger guys.

Good reply I agree we need to give MW time and transfer windows to get it right which I fully believe he will. We also said at the start we wanted the young players to develop and help take Rangers forward but as soon as we hit a sticky patch its change formation get these kids out of the team which contradicts everything we wanted at the start of the season, I am just as desperate for us to get promotion but sometimes we need to take a deep breathe rather than some pressing the panic button and focusing on negs points and look at how far we have come since the idiot resigned as Manager, TIME.

Plenty of people not wanting oduwa to play for the club again, but no cunt slates Warburton for signing him in the first place shitebags go for the easy target. How he gets the blame for conceding the goal when he only conceded a corner which allowed the team to re-group but they couldn't defend the it properly

Plenty of people not wanting oduwa to play for the club again, but no cunt slates Warburton for signing him in the first place shitebags go for the easy target. How he gets the blame for conceding the goal when he only conceded a corner which allowed the team to re-group but they couldn't defend the it properly

It's quite surprising the number of goals which are conceded when someone give a needless corner away.

Don't know if it upsets the collective concentration, or what, but keep an eye out for it.

This thread kinda proves our supports attitude to youngsters! No fucking patience what so ever! If we believe in the manager, philosophy and system then we need a lot more patience than some demonstrate on here!

I see your point BP, but there's little point in folk doing the hard bit, then blowing the benefit with a bit of sloppiness and being allowed to think that that kind of thing is ok.

We aren't running an under-14's team.

And we're not dealing with an ordinary kid, we're dealing with a Tottenham kid, who you might just expect to be able to execute a simple back pass.

I would never slag him while at the game, but it would be a bit much to simply dismiss it in the after match discussion.

I see your point BP, but there's little point in folk doing the hard bit, then blowing the benefit with a bit of sloppiness and being allowed to think that that kind of thing is ok.

We aren't running an under-14's team.

And we're not dealing with an ordinary kid, we're dealing with a Tottenham kid, who you might just expect to be able to execute a simple back pass.

I would never slag him while at the game, but it would be a bit much to simply dismiss it in the after match discussion.

He is a young inexperienced lad, good pace and a few tricks - with few exceptions players, young players are inconsistent and learning the game. While folk can ( and should) discuss his improvement / should he be involved next game - the debate is a bit 'he's shite- next!' in nature and not exactly supportive of development. To expect the finished article of young players in MWs first 6 months is not really backing his philosophy - we are top of the league - we all see the direction of travel and threads like this kinda do my nut in a we bit!

He is a young inexperienced lad, good pace and a few tricks - with few exceptions players, young players are inconsistent and learning the game. While folk can ( and should) discuss his improvement / should he be involved next game - the debate is a bit 'he's shite- next!' in nature and not exactly supportive of development. To expect the finished article of young players in MWs first 6 months is not really backing his philosophy - we are top of the league - we all see the direction of travel and threads like this kinda do my nut in a we bit!

It isn't too much to expect him not to give a corner away for fuck all and no reason whatsoever. He needs to know and should know that at his age....if he doesn't he's been getting pampered. This is the school of hard knocks here.

It isn't too much to expect him not to give a corner away for fuck all and no reason whatsoever. He needs to know and should know that at his age....if he doesn't he's been getting pampered. This is the school of hard knocks here.

Bollocks - no player is or should be judged on one mistake or even a series of mistakes but on overall ability and as a young player - if (?) we want to develop and grow our own super stars we need to learn to accept errors and inconsistency while they develop - that's what game time is for. Only thing I have against doing that is we are developing another clubs talent.

This thread kinda proves our supports attitude to youngsters! No fucking patience what so ever! If we believe in the manager, philosophy and system then we need a lot more patience than some demonstrate on here!

But he's not our youngster. He's been brought in on loan to improve the squad, and he hasn't done so. If Oduwa was a signed Rangers players, then I think folk would be far more tolerant of him. But he's not and we're paying for his mistakes only for him to then be shipped back to Spurs.

what a load of bollocks that is, I get he is not the greatest but 2 blame the 2nd goal on him when the game entered another passage of play is pathetic?

You're obviously correct it's all bollocks I made it all up.

Agreed other players played their part in it but the piece of play from Oduwa was the Lynchpin to the 2nd goal and that's a fact(not bollocks)

Anyway I actually think there a player in there but him like few others need to waken up and play to their ability more often.

But he's not our youngster. He's been brought in on loan to improve the squad, and he hasn't done so. If Oduwa was a signed Rangers players, then I think folk would be far more tolerant of him. But he's not and we're paying for his mistakes only for him to then be shipped back to Spurs.

Not a fan of the Loan system myself but there is a malaise in our support about supporting young developing players! We are not a patient support but we need to learn to be to support this managers philosophy.

You're obviously correct it's all bollocks I made it all up.

Agreed other players played their part in it but the piece of play from Oduwa was the Lynchpin to the 2nd goal and that's a fact(not bollocks)

Anyway I actually think there a player in there but him like few others need to waken up and play to their ability more often.

No needless corner, no needless goal.

Not from that passage of play, anyway.

People need to learn about cause & effect.

Bottom line at Rangers you have to be a winner Young player or not.

Good reply I agree we need to give MW time and transfer windows to get it right which I fully believe he will. We also said at the start we wanted the young players to develop and help take Rangers forward but as soon as we hit a sticky patch its change formation get these kids out of the team which contradicts everything we wanted at the start of the season, I am just as desperate for us to get promotion but sometimes we need to take a deep breathe rather than some pressing the panic button and focusing on negs points and look at how far we have come since the idiot resigned as Manager, TIME.

People have been crying out for OUR young players to get game time all season but they aren't getting it. Meanwhile the loanees are getting the game time and aren't doing the business for us. We get none of the upside and all of the downside at the moment. It's not us who's going to benefit from all this experience Zel and Oduwa are getting, it's Arsenal and Spurs. Hardie, Thompson and Walsh aren't even getting a look in. If we are going to develop young players it should be ours, unless the loanees have earned their place in the side like Ball has.