The Division BETA

BridgeIsBlue

Fuck me how hard is this? Me and some guy teamed up for a medic mission and at the end of it, or at least I'm guessing the end of it since we never finished it some big bastard with a flame thrower just came out and scorched us.  I eventually gave up since I realised its fucking half 3 in the morning and I've been playing this for hours. Fuck me how are you supposed to beat that guy?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Fuck me how hard is this? Me and some guy teamed up for a medic mission and at the end of it, or at least I'm guessing the end of it since we never finished it some big bastard with a flame thrower just came out and scorched us.  I eventually gave up since I realised its fucking half 3 in the morning and I've been playing this for hours. Fuck me how are you supposed to beat that guy?

It all depends on your level and level of the opponents. If you are a level 10, for example, and the guy your shooting is a level or three above that it will be harder to kill him than were you the same level or a higher level than him. 

Headshots are pretty effective, especially against the elite soliders. Also, the guys with the flamethrowers have a canister on their back - shoot at that and they blow up. 

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

Try and get yourself a marksman rifle at lower levels, they do a lot more damage, especially with headshots which are far easier to pull off with a marksman rifle. Use pulse as one of your skills as well, it increases damage and critical hits on any enemies marked by it

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

Have the water if you have any. Think it's 30% plus dmg to elites. Also try equipping any explosive rounds. 

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

Just kite him round the edge of the map and kill his cronies first... His flame thrower covers a lot of ground but he moves really really slow, so just keep moving and most importantly keep your distance. 

When you've killed his allies flank him... get one person to draw aggro whilst the other sneaks behind him. He has several gas tanks on his back that will debilitate him if destroyed. Failing that use your skills and accessories... Incendiary bullets, stun grenades and turrets are extemely useful as they will distract him allowing you to unload all that you have..

Most of all.. make sure you're level appropriate and that your gear is relevant. If you think this is hard.. wait until you hit level 30 and start doing challenge missions... when enemies 1 shot you with shot guns from the otherside of the area!

Pc Dark Zone being fucking ruined by hackers its doin my head in. 

The daily challenge missions are easy if you team up with 4 and know short cuts also farming is pretty easy but need DZ level 50 for blueprints before next update as crafting getting destroyed. 

Found this website handy for tips and tricks. http://www.vg247.com/tag/the-division/

1 hour ago, ex-guardsman said:

Pc Dark Zone being fucking ruined by hackers its doin my head in. 

The daily challenge missions are easy if you team up with 4 and know short cuts also farming is pretty easy but need DZ level 50 for blueprints before next update as crafting getting destroyed. 

Found this website handy for tips and tricks. http://www.vg247.com/tag/the-division/

Just read about the crafting changes there.. wow.

Honestly don't know if i can be bothered with this much grind anymore... As an MMO vet I get that they need to stretch out the current content as much as they can - given there's not a huge amount to do they obviously don't want people rushing through it or gearing up too quickly. However at the sametime they need to remember that the majority of the console userbase are casual players... who are already reluctant to farm. Most of the guys in my work have already given up and from the chat on social media suggests they aren't the only ones. Bit worried about this games long term appeal... Unless they add some sort of clan/guild function.

Mixed feelings about the patch, mainly crafting. Also abit gutted that I never picked up that m44 from the phoenix credit vendor last night.. it was only 220 credits now it's 870!!!

However the dark zone is much better now with the brackets... Although it's still possible to sneak into a lower bracket with high end gear! My gear level is 175 but by equipping a lvl 4 pistol it takes my gear level down to 158  - meaning i can go in the lowest tier with much better gear. Only reason i did that was to play with one of my mates though... loving that named bosses will always drop a high end item and they seem to drop more credits aswell! 

On 13/04/2016 at 6:11 PM, Iakona said:

The Incursion is shit... if that's what we have to look forward too then this is going to get old really quickly.

You seen the glitch for it? My squad got it going last night,done it on hard first then on challenging. Got ourselves 4 gear set pieces, 3 of them are 214 GS and 1 is 240 GS along with a good few PxC,HE items and normal credits.

You use the mobile cover trick to go through the wall before going into the control room that the APC hammers the shit out of,once you're in the mobs don't attack you so you just head straight for the APC and sticky bomb the fuck out of it. Need your Skill Power up to around 50k so your sticky bomb damage maxes out at 250k damage (which I'm going to have some fun with in the DZ tonight,it's lethal).

Took us around half an hour on Hard and about an hour on Challenging. Boring as fuck although the reward makes it worth it. I'll need to get you into our group at some point,I run with 3 mates all the time so our group is always full whenever you're on.

8 hours ago, Sket said:

You seen the glitch for it? My squad got it going last night,done it on hard first then on challenging. Got ourselves 4 gear set pieces, 3 of them are 214 GS and 1 is 240 GS along with a good few PxC,HE items and normal credits.

You use the mobile cover trick to go through the wall before going into the control room that the APC hammers the shit out of,once you're in the mobs don't attack you so you just head straight for the APC and sticky bomb the fuck out of it. Need your Skill Power up to around 50k so your sticky bomb damage maxes out at 250k damage (which I'm going to have some fun with in the DZ tonight,it's lethal).

Took us around half an hour on Hard and about an hour on Challenging. Boring as fuck although the reward makes it worth it. I'll need to get you into our group at some point,I run with 3 mates all the time so our group is always full whenever you're on.

Aye saw the stuff for the glitch yesterday. Couldn't be arsed trying to cheese it so we just ran it normally! (again)

Think i'm done with the game to be honest!

7 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Aye saw the stuff for the glitch yesterday. Couldn't be arsed trying to cheese it so we just ran it normally! (again)

Think i'm done with the game to be honest!

We can only get to wave 4 normally,we have absolutely no co-ordination as a team.

The game is a bit of a cluster fuck of glitches and game breaking mechanics but I'm still having fun with it just now tbh.