Which Rangers supporters group? Twitter poll

Virtuoso

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I noticed that. I'd heard an alternative story why we are the "light blues". A newspaper article referenced us as the "light and speedy blues" and it stuck. 

Yeah as far as I know the "Light" in Light Blues has never been a reference to the colour of our shirts but, as you say, the way we were described in a newspaper article

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, AlBear85 said:

I have just asked questions to try and better understand, in general I can't get any answers. As you say it's a closed group and any non-members can't get answers and members can't give them. I'll have to just blindly trust them.

Trust them with what?

Just now, AlBear85 said:

How would I know? I'm not a member. :D

So you dont even know what your seeking transparency about? You act like theyre trying to blind you when theres nothing to see.

VBs arent asking for fans money, arent making claims about board members or retail deals and their worth as far as I can see. So what have they claimed that you are having to put blind trust in?

Just now, Willis said:

So you dont even know what your seeking transparency about? You act like theyre trying to blind you when theres nothing to see.

VBs arent asking for fans money, arent making claims about board members or retail deals and their worth as far as I can see. So what have they claimed that you are having to put blind trust in?

That's convenient. :pipe:

I just find it interesting the different standards and expectations of specific supporters groups people hold.

Look I have no interest in getting the VB on my back on here. I have simply asked questions that I'm told I'm not eligible to know. I'm happy to leave that there if you are.

Just now, AlBear85 said:

That's convenient. :pipe:

I just find it interesting the different standards and expectations of specific supporters groups people hold.

Look I have no interest in getting the VB on my back on here. I have simply asked questions that I'm told I'm not eligible to know. I'm happy to leave that there if you are.

Ive asked you twice to give me questions to pass on, you havent.

Your now going "I dont know what my question is but its fishy how they cant answer it"

If the VBs were out trying to take fans money claiming its going to the Club then refusing to provide proof then id understand your issues, but thats not the case, and you seem to be struggling to think of something else to criticise them for. Other than the fact they arent holding an emergency meeting to discuss your questions.

Thats about 4 or 5 posts now and I still havent a clue what your issue is.

12 minutes ago, Willis said:

Ive asked you twice to give me questions to pass on, you havent.

Your now going "I dont know what my question is but its fishy how they cant answer it"

If the VBs were out trying to take fans money claiming its going to the Club then refusing to provide proof then id understand your issues, but thats not the case, and you seem to be struggling to think of something else to criticise them for. Other than the fact they arent holding an emergency meeting to discuss your questions.

Thats about 4 or 5 posts now and I still havent a clue what your issue is.

I asked you about the requirements for eligible members, which you offered an answer to.

If you want it spelled out specifically, Are non PUL individuals able to join? You said yes, I admit it would be better IMO to hear that from a VB but I'm happy to take your word.

As a non-member I'm not privy to anything they do, or where any funds they raise go and members aren't permitted to tell any non-members. I just find it strange that is so acceptable to people who then bang on about transparency from other groups. You and others have qualified that VB are different to other groups and shouldn't be judged to the same standards. Well with me not being eligible to know I have to just trust those who do.

This is my other issue with VB and their supporters, you are a touchy bunch when questions are asked.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

I asked you about the requirements for eligible members, which you offered an answer to.

If you want it spelled out specifically, Are non PUL individuals able to join? You said yes, I admit it would be better IMO to hear that from a VB but I'm happy to take your word.

As a non-member I'm not privy to anything they do, or where any funds they raise go and members aren't permitted to tell any non-members. I just find it strange that is so acceptable to people who then bang on about transparency from other groups. You and others have qualified that VB are different to other groups and shouldn't be judged to the same standards. Well with me not being eligible to know I have to just trust those who do.

This is my other issue with VB and their supporters, you are a touchy bunch when questions are asked. Almost like people think they should be above an questioning.

:lol: aye alright. Would help if you actually asked a question. And as youve already said, its a group for members, ill ask again if youve tried to join? You seem to believe a lot of what your told but actually know very little when it comes to VBs.

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

:lol: aye alright. Would help if you actually asked a question. And as youve already said, its a group for members, ill ask again if youve tried to join? You seem to believe a lot of what your told but actually know very little when it comes to VBs.

I did ask a question. Here's another;

Why would I join a group I know very little about?

I'm told nothing about VB, that is the issue. That's why I tried asking questions. I now know that is not acceptable of the VB. 

I'm going to leave it here, because from experience this topic goes nowhere.

Just now, AlBear85 said:

I did ask a question. Here's another;

Why would I join a group I know very little about?

I'm told nothing about VB, that is the issue. That's why I tried asking questions. I now know that is not acceptable of the VB. 

Why would you be so concerned about a group that you clearly have an agenda against? When that group is doing nothing that can be seen as detrimental to the support?

I joined because I could see VBs were one of the few groups prepared to take the fight to our enemies, thats really all I knew about them. And since joining my opinions pretty much the same. Theyre a Rangers fans group, who are exclusive to their own members as they dont want taigs infiltrating.

2 or 3 times I said that I could pass on questions but you clearly dont want to give me questions, so Ill withdraw my offer since your mind is clearly made about about the group even though you admit you know next to fuck all about them.

Its funny how your not so critical of other groups in other threads even though you claim not to support them.

It seems that if you want other Bears to shoot your group down then all you need to do is defend the Club from its enemies instead of trying to profit or orginize boycotts.

The difference with VB is, that they don't want your cash, unlike others who don't give a shit what or who you are, as long as you put in your cash your in. No problem with that as it is their objective to invest in the club. How transparent and well managed the cash is, who knows and I don't really give a fuck, as it is for their members to hold them to account..

The VB are an entirely different matter in that it is not about taking fans money. It's not what they are set up for.  They go on about their business defending the club and our heritage in their unique way and are utterly principled in doing so. They do good for our club and our supporters for free, so that's an organisation I can better trust.

20 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I'm unsure as to why a non PUL individual would want to join a forum which states quite clearly on it's home page:

[ ]....whose aims are to ensure that the good standing and unionist tradition of THE quintessential British Club is maintained, and to support the Protestant Unionist Loyalist community in Scotland, Ulster and beyond. Our motto "Defending Our Traditions" refers to this...[ ]

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/about/#

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Shouldn't that apply to all groups?

Most definitely not.

I run a group. Members are invited by me. I finance all activities out of my own pocket. The members do not contribute one penny and are indeed given benefits out of my pocket for being members, so I don't think I will be held to account for spending my own money from anyone other than me.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Most definitely not.

I run a group. Members are invited by me. I finance all activities out of my own pocket. The members do not contribute one penny and are indeed given benefits out of my pocket for being members, so I don't think I will be held to account for spending my own money from anyone other than me.

Which fan group do you run? 

3 hours ago, Willis said:

Like taigs? Aye fair dues you cant join VB if youre a taig. Does that bother you?

As far as i know anyone can join you just have to be able to prove your not a tarrier before getting on the forum.

I was being Sarky Willis mate .Any vote I had would be for VBs .If anything I worry about the other groups 

1 hour ago, Willis said:

Why would you be so concerned about a group that you clearly have an agenda against?

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that's fucking laughably hypocritical, considering your regular commentary and aggressive, shouty politicking on threads to do with the RST and SOS.

P.S. that's not a dig at the excellent work the VB do, before you wet your panties about it.

2 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that's fucking laughably hypocritical, considering your regular commentary and aggressive, shouty politicking on threads to do with the RST and SOS.

P.S. that's not a dig at the excellent work the VB do, before you wet your panties about it.

All ive ever asked of the SOS or RST is proof of where the money from their shirt sales is going. And as of yet I havent been offered any. VBs dont make claims like that.