Cup tie v Dumbarton or Dundee

JCDBigBear

1 minute ago, The Tavernator said:

Aye, I bet Warbs is shitting himself worrying about fucking Dundee! They're the ones who will be shitting themselves. We'll have more space in front of goal and will score more than them.

Not if we play anything like we did against Killie.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Tavernator said:

Aye, I bet Warbs is shitting himself worrying about fucking Dundee! They're the ones who will be shitting themselves. We'll have more space in front of goal and will score more than them.

Not shitting himself, but shouldn't underestimate any opponent. when you do that, you get lenient and then mistakes happen. 

We give them the respect we would any team and give them 100%. 

It'll depend on how they set up, likely they'll be more defensive and try and catch us on the counter. The difference between a team like Morton doing a counter and Dundee doing a counter is that the latter does have the ability to score against us and will. At that point it's an uphill battle. and given our track record right now regarding chances to goals ratio, it could be a pretty big uphill battle if say Miller misses sitters like he did at the weekend there. 

So no it's not as black and white as you think. 

Some people walk around looking at half empty glasses all day, always looking to see what could possibly go wrong. Knee-knockers. We are Rangers, we beat just about everybody. Stop being so scared or your negative vibes will start affecting the players, and we'll lose, and it'll be your fault.

:lol:

Just now, The Tavernator said:

Some people walk around looking at half empty glasses all day, always looking to see what could possibly go wrong. Knee-knockers. We are Rangers, we beat just about everybody. Stop being so scared or your negative vibes will start affecting the players, and we'll lose, and it'll be your fault.

:lol:

It's not being pessimistic, it's being realistic. You look at what could go wrong so that you can correct that before it happens. Something called risk assessment. It's a fairly common thing to do, so that you don't get caught off guard when things go tits up. 

We beat just about everybody, we don't beat everybody. They'll always be results here and there where we'll lose or drop points. It's a fact of life, and the best way to approach that is by looking at a bigger picture and by giving your opponent respect. and if we lose, we lose. So what? Every football team loses. Take it on the chin and move on while also learning from mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It's not being pessimistic, it's being realistic. You look at what could go wrong so that you can correct that before it happens. Something called risk assessment. It's a fairly common thing to do, so that you don't get caught off guard when things go tits up. 

We beat just about everybody, we don't beat everybody. They'll always be results here and there where we'll lose or drop points. It's a fact of life, and the best way to approach that is by looking at a bigger picture and by giving your opponent respect. and if we lose, we lose. So what? Every football team loses. Take it on the chin and move on while also learning from mistakes. 

I just think you're very quick to worry about Dundee. Do you think Dundee are a better team than Rangers? Better strikers, midfield and defenders? If so, then worry. But I don't think we have to stop playing the Warburton way and start defending more just because of a guy called Stewart who lays for Dundee. Where are Dundee in the league...

2 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

I just think you're very quick to worry about Dundee. Do you think Dundee are a better team than Rangers? Better strikers, midfield and defenders? If so, then worry. But I don't think we have to stop playing the Warburton way and start defending more just because of a guy called Stewart who lays for Dundee. Where are Dundee in the league...

See that's where your dropping the ball. It's not worry. Doing risk assessment isn't about worrying about things. It's about looking at every possible outcome and preparing for that. Employing a new tactic against Dundee wouldn't be a bad idea, it'd catch them off guard because they'll be preparing themselves for us doing our usual thing. 

and saying about dundees place in the league is pointless. Motherwell was in the playoffs and we got beat off them last season. 

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

See that's where your dropping the ball. It's not worry. Doing risk assessment isn't about worrying about things. It's about looking at every possible outcome and preparing for that. Employing a new tactic against Dundee wouldn't be a bad idea, it'd catch them off guard because they'll be preparing themselves for us doing our usual thing. 

and saying about dundees place in the league is pointless. Motherwell was in the playoffs and we got beat off them last season. 

Motherwell had a better team than us last year. We were crap, and it's actually cringe worthy that we won so much with such an awful team. We now have a better team than most of the premiership, I think. We'll get sharper in front of goal with more practice. I trust our manager to do the right thing - I don't get worried about it. We're creating chances and having bad luck. We'll continue to create chances and will have less bad luck and hopefully less dreadful refereeing.

What exactly is Dundees allocation? I sit in BF4 and have been moved to BF2. The only reason it annoys me is cause their average home gate is like 3k and by the looks of things theyve brung about that down for an away game.

Another point the ticket sales for this are horrendous. Hoping for at least 35k

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

What exactly is Dundees allocation? I sit in BF4 and have been moved to BF2. The only reason it annoys me is cause their average home gate is like 3k and by the looks of things theyve brung about that down for an away game.

They've only been given 2k tickets AFAIK. We told them due to policing and segregation they could only either take 2k or 7k. They opted for 2k because they didn't think they'd be able to sell 7k. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Slightly off topic but on the issue of ticket sales and guys being moved the amount of empty seats/segregation last night for 50 RR fans is laughable.

So the wee corner and BF5 and 4 hold only 2k? Infact maybe I've been moved and my seat is segregation then. I take it they were offered so much because of this 20% rule in the cup?

Still our ticket sales are really really poor.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

They've only been given 2k tickets AFAIK. We told them due to policing and segregation they could only either take 2k or 7k. They opted for 2k because they didn't think they'd be able to sell 7k. 

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Slightly off topic but on the issue of ticket sales and guys being moved the amount of empty seats/segregation last night for 50 RR fans is laughable.

That was shocking last night. 50? a counted about 30:lol:. I don't know what the club can actually do about this as it wasn't a clamour for tickets for our end last night but I remember one year we played some tiny Eastern European team and they had a few fans in the home end dotted about the stadium. 

Not sure where to put them tbh although it is the worst view in the ground by a country mile

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So the wee corner and BF5 and 4 hold only 2k? Infact maybe I've been moved and my seat is segregation then. I take it they were offered so much because of this 20% rule in the cup?

Still our ticket sales are really really poor.

It seems like the segregation has gotten worse since we went down the leagues. Police obviously dictating this but it's still shite to see so many empty seats because of it. 

Hopefully our ticket sales pick up after last night's win - there's a feelgood factor around us at the moment but the reality is it's a televised Scottish Cup QF with an early kick off. We'll be lucky to get 35k IMO.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

That was shocking last night. 50? a counted about 30:lol:. I don't know what the club can actually do about this as it wasn't a clamour for tickets for our end last night but I remember one year we played some tiny Eastern European team and they had a few fans in the home end dotted about the stadium. 

Not sure where to put them tbh although it is the worst view in the ground by a country mile

It may well be down to the plod laying down the segregation but some of the away support this season and previously have been shocking and in certain cases im sure the club could have sold a few more tickets if a more sensible approach was taken.