Cup tie v Dumbarton or Dundee

JCDBigBear

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

You not thinking of the first game of the season, Friday night game? The Petrofac game was definitely not full.

You might well be right. For some reason I had it in my head both these games were on a Friday night. They've probably merged into the one game for me. At least it was a good score 7-1 :pipe:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, blueretro said:

You might well be right. For some reason I had it in my head both these games were on a Friday night. They've probably merged into the one game for me. At least it was a good score 7-1 :pipe:

I think the Petrofac game was a freezing cold November lunchtime. I was in the Copland and seem to remember people who were sitting at the front dashing up to grab seats at the back when the rain came on :lol:

11 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I think the Petrofac game was a freezing cold November lunchtime. I was in the Copland and seem to remember people who were sitting at the front dashing up to grab seats at the back when the rain came on :lol:

It was (I had to look it up). Now that you mention the cold, I remember I stood for the entire second half because I was too cold to sit down.

2 minutes ago, now then forever said:

What do you reckon we'll get attendance wise for the Dundee game?  I went in yesterday and was really surprised about the number of available tickets.  Hopefully, it's a busy week for ticket sales.  Massive game.

Cup game on tv at 12.30, probably looking at 30 to 35k

The Kilmarnock game had an attendance of 33k. I'd like to think now it's the quarter final stage we would have seen around 40k but it doesn't look likely. 

Tickets are only £19 regardless of where you sit so if you act quick you could get some cracking seats for the game. 

I like the club deck the best - therefore I urge everyone to buy tickets every time they can to get the attendances as high as possible every game (so club deck will open too, and so attendances are higher), obviosuly it's not always affordable but it's 10 times better with a ticket

I'm not a ST holder yet but I'll be in the Sandy Jardine stand for this one at the halfway line at the front row of the medium section - a good view

14 minutes ago, BEE said:

I reckon we'll struggle in this game - with Waggy injured and O'Halloran and King cup tied our attacking options aren't great.

I agree, I think losing Waggy when MOH is cup tied is a double whammy of a disappointment. That's not to say we can't/won't win but it won't be an easy game.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I agree, I think losing Waggy when MOH is cup tied is a double whammy of a disappointment. That's not to say we can't/won't win but it won't be an easy game.

In saying that, there's no lack of people who have and can score for us.

McKay, Miller, Forrester, Holt, Haliday, Tav, Wilson, Wallace and Clark. That's 8 people who all have a decent chance to score goals, and in games gone past they've scored goals where Waghorn hasn't.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

In saying that, there's no lack of people who have and can score for us.

McKay, Miller, Forrester, Holt, Haliday, Tav, Wilson, Wallace and Clark. That's 8 people who all have a decent chance to score goals, and in games gone past they've scored goals where Waghorn hasn't.

True, there have been 15 different scorers this year I think. I made the point that waghorn hasn't scored 90% of our goals so I reckoned we would still score but an in form waghorn is a great asset to the team for his overall contribution. I think MOH looks like an exciting player and to have that on the right and McKay on the left will be great for us and that's why it's not ideal about the cup tie situation. I think we'll be ok in the league.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

True, there have been 15 different scorers this year I think. I made the point that waghorn hasn't scored 90% of our goals so I reckoned we would still score but an in form waghorn is a great asset to the team for his overall contribution. I think MOH looks like an exciting player and to have that on the right and McKay on the left will be great for us and that's why it's not ideal about the cup tie situation. I think we'll be ok in the league.

Yeah he does provide a lot and works his ass off. I really look forward to seeing MoH develop here, he's starting to get there and with his pace he could be very dangerous as we found out earlier this year.

The cup tie is what the lads are probably focusing on, it's a big game. We should win it. 

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Totally forgot about Forrester, was thinking we'd play McKay, Clark and Miller - that gives me slightly more confidence.

I'd McKay, Miller and Forrester 

Think they game would be determined by our midfield more than anything, what's the usual formation Dundee play anyway?

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'd McKay, Miller and Forrester 

Think they game would be determined by our midfield more than anything, what's the usual formation Dundee play anyway?

At the start of the season they were playing a 4-3-3 with Loy, Hemmings and Stewart all upfront - then they shunted Stewart to the wing, fuck knows now.

2 minutes ago, BEE said:

At the start of the season they were playing a 4-3-3 witg Loy, Hemmings and Stewart all upfront - then they shunted Stewart to the wing, fuck knows now.

Checked their last game, looks like they it's a 4-2-3-1 they play, likely put two up front though to make it a 4-2-1-3 though. 

The Midfield and defense will need to be on top of their game if that's the case. Might need to re-evaluate our tactics, if we play up high as we normal do. Kiernan & Wilson/Ball could be dealing with a 3v2 on counter attacks. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Checked their last game, looks like they it's a 4-2-3-1 they play, likely put two up front though to make it a 4-2-1-3 though. 

The Midfield and defense will need to be on top of their game if that's the case. Might need to re-evaluate our tactics, if we play up high as we normal do. Kiernan & Wilson/Ball could be dealing with a 3v2 on counter attacks. 

The thought of Stewart running at pace at either Wilson or Kiernan isn't great to be honest.

4 minutes ago, BEE said:

The thought of Stewart running at pace at either Wilson or Kiernan isn't great to be honest.

Especially since Kiernan can be a bit of a scare, MoH outpaced them both easily and scored. 

We'd need to keep the ball up in their halve, have a midfielder pull back to make it 4 at the back (wallace or tav staying behind).

Because if it's 2 at the back, it'd be too easy to outpace them or one of them will make a bad tackle and give a free kick/penalty. 

15 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Aye, I bet Warbs is shitting himself worrying about fucking Dundee! They're the ones who will be shitting themselves. We'll have more space in front of goal and will score more than them.