One Way Street

Virtuoso

One Way Street

Written by: albertz

Thursday, 10th March 2016

So there we have what we all knew from day one of this Offensive Behaviour and Communications Act nonsense. If you are a Protestant Unionist Loyalist you are under the watchful eyes of the Law for sectarianism. On the other hand if you are a Catholic, Republican Nationalist you can refer to people in any manner you wish.  

This sectarian bigot decided to call people Dirty Orange Inbred Monkey Bastards and told the court it was banter. So I now ask Frank Mulholland, amateur law maker and Celtic season ticket holder if he has any objections to me referring to him as a Dirty Fenian Bastard and of course adding that it's only banter.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14329324.Former_Celtic_player_who_made_sectarian_comments_walks_free_from_court/

The judge, in this case decided that there was insufficient evidence to prove this bigot had wrote what she did. Quote "It was intended as a bit of banter amongst friends, I never thought it would be seen publicly" ...Aye okay and Sheriff Young decided that was enough to aquit her. Absolutely unbelievable! Yet there are young fans going to court for singing a few songs about the YCV of 1916 where another member of the "lets make the law up as we go brigade" decided that the YCV is a proscribed terrorist group.....which of course it is not.

This same Sheriff has a history of not dealing with sectarianism equally: http://www.<No links to this website>/news/local-news/celtic-fan-fined-offensive-chant-2409616#o48ElJ1HgoqVwBZx.97

This is the type of vile comment posted on social media every day. Comments aimed at Protestant Unionists and of course people perceived to be Rangers fans.  Yet you return the serve to a Catholic or someone perceived to be such or an Irishman (no laughing at the back) and within hours you are up on a charge of Anti Catholic Anti Irish sectarianism. Apparently telling someone from Ireland to go home is racist (Irish is not a race by the way)  while telling someone from Germany to do the same is acceptable. In Scotland you can refer to a football supporter as an ARAB bastard and that is fine. In Scotland you can refer to a football supporter as a h** bastard and that too is fine. God forbid if you refer to a football supporter as a fenian bastard though, you are in serious trouble.

This young girl admitted openly to Police Scotland that she said what she did. Police then charged her with sectarian offence under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012.  This went to the PF office who allowed court action. Then when it arrives in court it is deemed acceptable by an inept sheriff who decided there was no proof of her "intent" to offend anyone. There appears to be a two tier judicial system in Scotland, one for one community and one for the other. For example a Rangers fan singing the Billy Boys resulted in a four month jail term. Another person referring to Angela Haggerty as "Taig of the day" resulted in a six month jail term. Celtic fans assaulted Police officers resulted in community hours  and Tuesday's verdict where a person calls Rangers fans "Dirty Orange Inbred Monkey Bastards" walks free.....tell me there is not an agenda at work here. 

bigot.jpg

"Keeping quiet on Facebook today as my choice of words could be rather offensive to the unfortunate members of species who pull on a blue shirt this morning.

Police Scotland are trying to do the job of curtailing sectarianism. They were given the tools to do the job by the Scottish Government and Copfs. The only problem now though is it appears that the PF office are making mistake after mistake  or a total balls up if you prefer. They are throwing cases out left right and centre  because there is no evidence someone  typed a comment. Easy way out is " I did not type that comment, there are five other people living here and any one of them can use the computer" This whole legislation is completely riddled with errors. There would be a lot more getting charged and sentenced if the "rules" covered all communities rather than The One Way Street system we have in place at present.

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=99&a=one-way-street

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interesting if the judges in these cases had to declare their backgrounds.

For many a year they afflicted demanded senior police and legal people gave affiliation details to Masonic Orders. I for one would like to see this applied to Jesuit affiliations nowadays

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

Apparently we should all grow up and stop being offended as it's only words and that's from Rangers supporters on here.

I agreed earlier with a poster as to the way she worded her comment re sticks and stones. The question is when it goes to court what % is from afflicted side and what % is loyalist

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Apparently we should all grow up and stop being offended as it's only words and that's from Rangers supporters on here.

Yip and it is true

Fucking chasing folk around to get folk the jail or bulleted for posting "into these monkey orange bastards" or indeed "fenian waen touching fucks" is pathetic.

Stroll on though I'm sure you'll be chuffed when a member from here has lost their job and been banged up for saying "lets do these fenian fucks" I'm sure you'll be delighted 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Yip and it is true

Fucking chasing folk around to get folk the jail or bulleted for posting "into these monkey orange bastards" or indeed "fenian waen touching fucks" is pathetic.

Stroll on though I'm sure you'll be chuffed when a member from here has lost their job and been banged up for saying "lets do these fenian fucks" I'm sure you'll be delighted 

Society will never go back to the days of say what you want. Never.

The article highlights clear disparity very well though and that's clearly an issue for us all, no?

I am not offended in the slightest,  never have been by the things people say about football/religion/whatever.

I do believe in a level playing field though, and while there are Rangers fans being jailed for singing songs and posting "offensive" stuff on the internet, then the same should be happening to anyone who attacks Rangers fans in the same way.

Good article that higlights some of the hypocirsy in the court sytems, and perceptions of what is and isn't acceptable.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Yip and it is true

I agree that the law shouldn't be involved and nobody should lose their job however if someone is highlighted for making these kind of comments then so be it.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The article highlights clear disparity very well though and that's clearly an issue for us all, no?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If I or anyone on here loses a job for saying "into these fenian  bastards" then I assume folk will be happy the full force of the law has been applied?

It's not about saying what you like but for every mutant that's reported they will report one of us and round and round it goes.

So tell me who wins out of this? There's tarriers in jail for stuff, there's bears in jail and then there's others who have been let go. 

I'd rather this shit law was what everyone focused on, not some fucking wee midden 

Just now, gogzy said:

I am not offended in the slightest,  never have been by the things people say about football/religion/whatever.

I do believe in a level playing field though, and while there are Rangers fans being jailed for singing songs and posting "offensive" stuff on the internet, then the same should be happening to anyone who attacks Rangers fans in the same way.

Good article that higlights some of the hypocirsy in the court sytems, and perceptions of what is and isn't acceptable.

Re the Fenian word surely anyone in Court should simply stand firm and say they mean this word in regards to the Fenian Army they sing/sang about and as mentioned in a John Wayne movie.

This surely would create doubt,as police assume they think it was said for what they have been told it stands for.

1 minute ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Re the Fenian word surely anyone in Court should simply stand firm and say they mean this word in regards to the Fenian Army they sing/sang about and as mentioned in a John Wayne movie.

This surely would create doubt,as police assume they think it was said for what they have been told it stands for.

Please not guilty and you'll be lucky tonbe charged with anything (tu)

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Alan Stubbs was in the Fenian Army? :lol:

Its as ridiculous a suggestion as the one Celtic fans use saying its "the old Ira" they sing about. 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

If I or anyone on here loses a job for saying "into these fenian  bastards" then I assume folk will be happy the full force of the law has been applied?

It's not about saying what you like but for every mutant that's reported they will report one of us and round and round it goes.

So tell me who wins out of this? There's tarriers in jail for stuff, there's bears in jail and then there's others who have been let go. 

I'd rather this shit law was what everyone focused on, not some fucking wee midden 

It's about dealing with reality. I guess most wish we could go back to no-one being offended, no crime being committed etc but that's fantasy now.

No I don't like the thought of folk getting jail or losing their jobs. But I despise the disparity just as much where they call themselves a fenian army, have cafes called Fenian cafes etc but bears get the jail for calling them what they refer to themselves as.

And as for the wee drum skank the issue is the judicial decision to accept it as banter yet lesser comments from our side results in jail time. It's shocking.

13 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

You miss the point by huge margin, Bye

So how do you explain "cheer up Alan Stubbs...sad fenian bastard..." If you're singing about the fenian army? Is he a supporter of them? Whats the link between them and him? 

so much public money is spent tackling sectarianism every year, then people like her negate all of those efforts by their comments online .. poor show.

It's also worrying to me that you only ever seem to see sectarian being mentioned when its a rangers fan, quite often its the boot trying to kick rangers fans that is in fact the bigot but that often goes unnoticed

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's about dealing with reality. I guess most wish we could go back to no-one being offended, no crime being committed etc but that's fantasy now.

No I don't like the thought of folk getting jail or losing their jobs. But I despise the disparity just as much where they call themselves a fenian army, have cafes called Fenian cafes etc but bears get the jail for calling them what they refer to themselves as.

And as for the wee drum skank the issue is the judicial decision to accept it as banter yet lesser comments from our side results in jail time. It's shocking.

They may call themselves fenian army but that in and of itself doesn't fall foul of the legislation. It's the context of how it is used. Fenian bastard(s), up to our knees in fenian blood etc. A Celtic fan calling himself a fenian wouldn't cause fear and alarm, calling someone a fenian bastard may. Much like a Rangers fan calling himself orange isn't offensive but calling one an orange bastard may be.