Steve McLaren Sacked!!

BigJig

McLaren is one of these managers that always seemed to think he was brighter than he is. A 'Stubbs', shall we say. Always came across as if he thought he was some sort of tactical genius.

How he's managed to get the jobs he has over the years is a mystery. 

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

McLaren is one of these managers that always seemed to think he was brighter than he is. A 'Stubbs', shall we say. Always came across as if he thought he was some sort of tactical genius.

How he's managed to get the jobs he has over the years is a mystery. 

Maybe we'll see next year if he replaces Ronnie. Then again, they probably wouldn't pay what he would be looking for.

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

Maybe we'll see next year if he replaces Ronnie. Then again, they probably wouldn't pay what he would be looking for.

Maybe he'll finally have to lower his demands. Would be a dream appointment.

Probably not though. Knowing his record of getting decent jobs despite his failures, he'll probably go to some top Championship club or something.

I've not read through this thread- not that it's that long- but looking at us since Ashley's influence was minimised and how Newcastle have fared over recent years, you can't help but consider that we're no longer influenced by The Ashley Effect.

39 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Was hoping Moyes would succeed him so he wouldn't get the tarriers job.

Might be totally wrong here bud but I don't think moyes would take that job I think he would like an EPL team. Mclaren was a joke appt even after that total fuck up at derby they took him, I think he only gets jobs as owners might think he could bring some of sir Alex's management to their team, he is a disaster of a manager but Benitez will do well For them but Newcastle pretty much need to clear out and start again and he will need a lot of money to turn that round 

Big respect to Rafa for this. Started the season with Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale and finishes it with Townsend, Shelvey and Perez. Most folk would think that move would be beneath them, but good on him for getting stuck in and doing what he loves to do instead of sitting on his arse with his massive Madrid payout. 

On 3/11/2016 at 0:20 PM, rfc1990 said:

I'd take Benitez. No idea why he's interested in the job though, to go from Real Madrid to fighting relegation with Newcastle is a strange one!

He has a clause he can walk if NUFC do not get promoted. Could be one of the following, the money was too good to turn down, he has belief in his ability or loves the nightlife.

Hope it works out for both parties.

Disappointed that McLaren did not pick up the Geordie accent like he did at Twente. An interview in Chris Rea speak would have been the least I would have thought.

For the sake of dignity he can maybe keep off camera until that pod of hair does the proper thing. What a fucking stage he is going through with that!