Shambolic defending/wrong subs

KeyserSoze

Danny Wilson will be a better player with someone better than Keirnan beside him, I went right off Keirnan after the defeat away to Falkirk a couple of months back and I don't think he has deserved his place in the team. Wilson isn't anywhere near as bad as he's made out on here imo. I think most people are just annoyed about not winning the league today and possibly a wee bit worried about the tinks now that we have shipped 9 in 3 games but Wallace and Wilson have played in old firms and they will make sure it's kept tight and we can pass them out the game and we will definitely have chances to score. Keep griffiths quiet and take 2 of our chances and we'll beat them. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The number of people 2nd guessing out manager and know better than him is astounding! 

Our top of the league championship (about to) winning side and we have a forum full of folk who know better. It's not even the end of our first season! 

Loyalty and patience! 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

The number of people 2nd guessing out manager and know better than him is astounding! 

Our top of the league championship (about to) winning side and we have a forum full of folk who know better. It's not even the end of our first season! 

Loyalty and patience! 

It's a football forum.

People have opinions.

You thought McCoist could hack it 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Loyalty and patience! 

It would be possible to criticise this team and been in full agreement with the manager. I think it's fair to say that he knows the players he likes, and those he doesn't rate at all. I will hazard a guess that Warburton thinks his midfield could do with being a lot stronger.

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

It's a football forum.

People have opinions.

You thought McCoist could hack it 

I've voiced my opinion - back the manager - he know a hell of a lot more than you! He has just won us the championship ( almost) 

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Haha ridiculous. If we beat the tarriers 4-3  you gona fucking complain? No. Yes the defence is suspect but who cares? Weve scored the most goals in Britain and conceded the least. Deal with it

Whilst recognising the last 3 games is not great or good enough, how can anyone argue with that ^^^^^^^^

Team fitter than its ever been, playing great football, culture transformed, potential to lift a 3 cups, money will be spent in summer.  Years of absolute fucking misery behind us!!!!

Stop complaining ffs.  So we need a bit more quality - Mr Warburton knows.

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I've voiced my opinion - back the manager - he know a hell of a lot more than you! He has just won us the championship ( almost) 

I do back the manager.

I can do that and still think he should not commit all our subs after an hour or so every week

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Never ceases to amaze me how attacking subs mean the Mourinho's on a forum claim thats what made us drop points:lol:

It's not rocket science.

You have 2 players (lets say Miller and McKay) who are ripping a team ( lets say Falkirk) to shreds and playing very well.

You are a couple of goals up so decide to give them a break by replacing them.

The losing team now do not have to cope with the players who have been keeping them pinned back so have the freedom to throw many more men forward.

We all know what happened.

Absolutely not the only reason for that reverse but it contributed

36 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It would be possible to criticise this team and been in full agreement with the manager. I think it's fair to say that he knows the players he likes, and those he doesn't rate at all. I will hazard a guess that Warburton thinks his midfield could do with being a lot stronger.

I agree but look at those on this thread who don't 

38 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The ones he doesn't rate at all will not be playing surely? So we should never see them.

so he must rate Sheils then?  

And I think our midfield is not the problem 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

The ones he doesn't rate at all will not be playing surely? So we should never see them.

so he must rate Sheils then?  

And I think our midfield is not the problem 

I think the ones he doesn't rate are hardly getting a game. I think it's clear that there are some players only getting game time when his options are really down, so from having a rather small squad we have an even smaller squad as it were. That Barrie McKay is playing as a midfielder in a three man midfield says quite a lot. It's an interesting point you make about Shiels; I think the manager rates him in the short term, but not sure if he will be here next season. The midfield is possibly an area which has evolved in terms of the manager's thinking; as the season has gone on he may have seen more clearly what we will need next season, and how deficient it is this season. I'm just speculating, but I think if Warburton knew then what he knows now about our team he would have did something about that area when he first arrived.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think the ones he doesn't rate are hardly getting a game. I think it's clear that there are some players only getting game time when his options are really down, so from having a rather small squad we have an even smaller squad as it were. That Barrie McKay is playing as a midfielder in a three man midfield says quite a lot. It's an interesting point you make about Shiels; I think the manager rates him in the short term, but not sure if he will be here next season. The midfield is possibly an area which has evolved in terms of the manager's thinking; as the season has gone on he may have seen more clearly what we will need next season, and how deficient it is this season. I'm just speculating, but I think if Warburton knew then what he knows now about our team he would have did something about that area when he first arrived.

Kinda makes the loan deal for Hardie even more baffling as Shiels and Clark get game time (appreciate the slightly different positions) 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Kinda makes the loan deal for Hardie even more baffling as Shiels and Clark get game time (appreciate the slightly different positions) 

It's not helping that Holt is not the player he was at the beginning of the season. He hasn't been consistently good since he return from injury.

is 9 goals in three games a new club record?  sorry but i think that unaceptable for a Rangers team especially at this crucial time of the season. we keep hearing from the manager that we will analyse the problems at the back and we will learn from it, when does this kick in as thats three consecutive weeks we've shipped three goals, with the semi against them coming up im worried .

yet again three subs and not an instruction to hold the lead. Nothing altered to keep the lead and our two best players removed. It's really not good enough. 

I'm sorry mate this isn't Fifa or Championship Manager. You can't just play Ronaldo & Messi, sorry McKay for every second of the season even during the matches before the OF game and expect him to be 100% at all times without rest. In fact if it was either of those games you would actually need to make substitutions due to stamina..

The substitutions happen for a reason and MW obviously knows much more about rest and recovery for our lean squad and how substitutions work in football than anyone in this forum ever will.

Also you don't know what MW specifically instructed the team so I cannot fathom how you imagine to know there was "no instruction to hold the lead"

I think the defending is probably poorer than it has been all season in the last 3 games but that doesn't give me any cause for concern because today I think we were possibly cheated out of the result more than defending attributed to it. I think it might be because we have won the league basically and in the upcoming games that matter it won't be as poor in my opinion. 

I'm not going to blame anyone for the recent defensive problems, except for Rob Kiernan, who is so bad that I'd deliver him to Parkhead in a big box and personally pay him out of my own pocket to play for Celtic.