Shambolic defending/wrong subs

KeyserSoze

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lessons weren't learned from Falkirk despite the nonsense spouted from the likes of Halliday (who is fast becoming one of the most over-rated players we've ever had IMO) that we have.

I do like the idea of playing fast attacking football and always aiming to just outscore the opposition by at least one goal - but you've got to take responsibility when it goes tits-up, too.

22 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ball. 

Ball is shite, I really don't get what people on here see in him. Don't get me wrong, Wilson is shite as well but Ball is no better. Slow, bad decision making, makes costly mistakes.....I could be speaking about any one of the two.

I really like Kiernen although he is prone to the odd error as well but I think he'd thrive with another quality centre half in beside him which needs to be the priority for next season, along with a commanding holding midfielder.

1 hour ago, 285miles said:

in the last 3 games weve been playing against teams chasing the playoffs who are throwing everything at it. not trying to excuse the defence but this has to be a factor

I know what you're saying but to flip it we've been going for a league title - the biggest prize in the league.

2 hours ago, Mojo84 said:

Ball is shite, I really don't get what people on here see in him. Don't get me wrong, Wilson is shite as well but Ball is no better. Slow, bad decision making, makes costly mistakes.....I could be speaking about any one of the two.

I really like Kiernen although he is prone to the odd error as well but I think he'd thrive with another quality centre half in beside him which needs to be the priority for next season, along with a commanding holding midfielder.

Ball isn't slow and his decision making is fairly good.  Wilson is a bit of a liability with his switching off, but the midfield doesn't exactly help him out at times.  If you put on Ball for McKay yesterday I think we see out that game and win the title.

19 hours ago, Lothianbear said:

is 9 goals in three games a new club record?  sorry but i think that unaceptable for a Rangers team especially at this crucial time of the season. we keep hearing from the manager that we will analyse the problems at the back and we will learn from it, when does this kick in as thats three consecutive weeks we've shipped three goals, with the semi against them coming up im worried .

Last time we conceded three goals in three consecutive league games was in 1894. 

On 02/04/2016 at 4:55 PM, KeyserSoze said:

This needs sorted. Fuck this "score more than them" shite. We need a proper defence in place.

yet again three subs and not an instruction to hold the lead. Nothing altered to keep the lead and our two best players removed. It's really not good enough. 

I you dont score more that the opposition then...well.... you dont win. :D

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Why did zelalem come on yesterday would be my question to Warburton. I just couldn't work it out.

My question would be why was he kept here after January. Offered very little before January and zero since.

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

My question would be why was he kept here after January. Offered very little before January and zero since.

Got booed the last time at Raith Rovers barely played since, he seems lost on the pitch at times started off well enough but has struggled for a while now.

A gust of wind would blow him over as well.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

Got booed the last time at Raith Rovers barely played since, he seems lost on the pitch at times started off well enough but has struggled for a while now.

A gust of wind would blow him over as well.

Started in midfield ended up in Inverness was one classic I read in here regarding his slight frame during a windy game.

have only just seen the goals! first goal was not much anyone could do about imo, if he'd taken a touch holt was on him...

second was absolutely shite defending, how much time has the boy got watching the ball drop, looked like a wee deflection on its way through so not sure big wes could have done much more, think it just caught him out, but should never have allowed a shot on...

third goal, just dire - i thought wilson and kiernan would have grown to have a good understanding by now, but they sometimes flap like wee lassies.

they actually look like they are not concentrating for big parts of games (didn't see anything of yesterdays so can't comment there) - I've said it all season, but an experienced defensive mid who can keep on top of things has to be the first signing at the end of the season, there's no one in the squad that can perform that role

20 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Lessons weren't learned from Falkirk despite the nonsense spouted from the likes of Halliday (who is fast becoming one of the most over-rated players we've ever had IMO) that we have.

I do like the idea of playing fast attacking football and always aiming to just outscore the opposition by at least one goal - but you've got to take responsibility when it goes tits-up, too.

Think you are being really harsh there.

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

We have only lost 27 goals in the league whilst keeping 14 clean sheets. Looking at the overall picture and considering MW has advised need extra players for next season this is a good.

One third of that seasons total has been the last 3 games. That is why we are worried about what has gone wrong at the back