What about this shite from "the scotsman"

JWAC

Papers have become as pathetic as the Rangers bloggers for the scum. That's given me a wee laugh tonight. A national newspaper reduced to trying to wind up football supporters lol 

To think that this wee country was once a serious player among the leading nations of the world. It's as if the Rab C Nesbitt's are in charge now. I'm going to have to end up finding myself a new accent if this retardation continues. Embarrassing stuff 

19 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

According to Wiki, they 'temporarily ceased operating'! No ground and no players for 2 years but 'the club considers they are the same entity'? doh

Did Rangers miss any fixtures due to having no players and no home?

I know most Scottish journalists are utter morons but the lifeform that cobbled this together is their imbecile offspring.

Aye, but SEEEEVVVVVVCCCCCOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The article has been updated now ...

RANGERS FC (1872), CHAMPIONSHIP

The Ibrox club recently won promotion to the top flight after winning this season’s Scottish Championship crown in the same week they also secured the Petrofac Training Cup. They’ve won 54 top tier titles throughout their storied history, starting in 1891 and securing the most recent in 2011.

In 2012, Rangers suffered liquidation and had to reapply to the Scottish leagues. They were denied access to the top flight (then called the SPL) but were allowed to make their way through the lower leagues by starting in the Third Division (now called League Two). Whether or not the club has an “unbroken” history has been a source of much contention, with many claiming the Govan giants are a “new club”. However, the SPFL, including chief executive Neil Doncaster, has stated categorically that they remain the same club.

2 hours ago, harlands plater said:

So the whole point of writing the article was to annoy us by deliberately leaving Rangers out? How pathetically childish.

Tin hat on,I clicked on the link and we are included althought they did say that some claim we are a new club but did say that the head of the SPL Mr Dungcaster stated that Rangers ARE the same club.

Did someone get their baws kicked I wonder:craphead:

Of course,the Scotsman declined to say "as well as Doncaster and the SPFL,UEFA,The ECA,ASA (twice),Lords Nimmo Smith & Glennie,FIFA and even the friggin Wee Red Book say Rangers remain the same club and fans of other smaller clubs have no actual say in this matter".  

Wish I knew who this was in the recent comments. I'd marry her :spraise:

"@Craig Dexter: Correct Craig. From Mr English...who is no lover of Rangers: "Last August, Michele Centenaro of the ECA contacted the SFA and asked for an appraisal of the Rangers situation and whether they could be deemed the same Rangers as before or a new company unworthy of acknowledgment from the ECA. The SFA's response was unambiguous. Different corporate entity but same Rangers, same history, same honours accrued over 140 years".
And from the ASA: " We consulted with UEFA, which explained that its rules allowed for the recognition of the "sporting continuity" of a club's match record, even if that club's corporate structure had changed. We also consulted with the SFA, which confirmed that its definition of a football "club" varied depending on context, and could sometimes refer to an entity separate from the club's corporate owner. The SFA further pointed out that, following RFC's transfer to a new corporate owner, Newco did not take a new membership of the Scottish FA but rather that the previous membership was transferred across to them so they could continue as the same member of the Scottish FA. We considered that consumers would understand that the claim in question related to the football club rather than to its owner and operator and we therefore concluded that it was not misleading for the ad to make reference to RFC's history, which was separate to that of Newco."
WE CONSULTED WITH UEFA AND THE SFA...again,there is nothing to debate here,they arrived at their decision (and like Craig I say a big thank you to all the Celtic fans who complained to them,cheers bhoys for confirming it once more)after consultation with UEFA and the SFA....so we now have the SPFL,SFA,UEFA and the ASA confirming Rangers remain the same football club. There is NO debate...and you can all whine and cry about se*co and liquidated and pyoor deed n that for ever more but it will still stay the same. The football authorities make the rules not fans of lesser clubs..it really is that simple. Move on...or do us all a favour and give up football and go follow curling or bowls..your boring us all to utter distraction with this lost non debate."

"Was nice to see the SPFL have already updated their official website to add Rangers recent Championship and Challenge Cup honours to the world record list of domestic cup success. There is no debate on the matter. The football authorities make the rules and decide on this. Not "fans" of other smaller clubs. If that was the case I would convince myself that Pacific Shelf have never won the EC because they changed companies in 94',Hibs have only won one SC because the first one they won was actually won by a different Hibs that went out of existence for over a year (did Rangers miss any matches or relevant competitions? No) and Hearts have won no honours previous to 1905 because they liquidated then. But of course,the SPFL website tells me differently on all three clubs official pages so I have to accept their word,which is after all the law on this subject and unarguable. Unless of course the "fans" of other smaller clubs are saying Rangers should be treated differently to them. Which is somewhat bizarre. The Rangers Football Club Scotland's most successful club..and one of the oldest. Officially.
http://spfl.co.uk/clubs/rangers/"

2 hours ago, GoramsLeftThumb said:

The article has been updated now ...

RANGERS FC (1872), CHAMPIONSHIP

The Ibrox club recently won promotion to the top flight after winning this season’s Scottish Championship crown in the same week they also secured the Petrofac Training Cup. They’ve won 54 top tier titles throughout their storied history, starting in 1891 and securing the most recent in 2011.

In 2012, Rangers suffered liquidation and had to reapply to the Scottish leagues. They were denied access to the top flight (then called the SPL) but were allowed to make their way through the lower leagues by starting in the Third Division (now called League Two). Whether or not the club has an “unbroken” history has been a source of much contention, with many claiming the Govan giants are a “new club”. However, the SPFL, including chief executive Neil Doncaster, has stated categorically that they remain the same club.

Still trying to include their agenda