Daily record story about 18 arrest have blurred out some words

j1mgg

27 minutes ago, Briton said:

'Saying' paedophiles are real would not be unacceptable; it might be a bit of a stupid thing to say but of course pedophiles are real.  That's not what we are talking about though is it?

Saying/wrote on a banner, same thing. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the banner actually just tucked away or was it removed by police?  If not removed by the old bill then those saying it is unacceptable are wrong.  

After the shit we have had to put up with, over the past 4 years, IMHO nothing is put of bounds when dealing with these bastards.

Perhaps we should have been more ubtle, a 'Spotlight is Looking at YOU' banner may have gotten the message across.

I've never been offended at being called a H** bstard, orange bstard, proddie bstard or any such similar remark, but it's a personal thing and if some folk are offended by it, then they have thr right to be so. Think I came from an era where these things were more socialably acceptable, so you got used to it, developed a thick skin and it became water off a ducks back. That's not to say that we dished it out aswell.

On 20 April 2016 at 0:18 PM, OceanRain said:

Cheech and Chong need sent back over to KDS.

You are the one showing yourself up. These guys are just giving their opinion, one which I am sure many Rangers fans would agree with, just because you have a different opinion doesn't make you right and them wrong, or you a better fan.

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

You are the one showing yourself up. These guys are just giving their opinion, one which I am sure many Rangers fans would agree with, just because you have a different opinion doesn't make you right and them wrong, or you a better fan.

Yes, it does. And that's my opinion.

I don't know what to make of the whole thing. I see the point about not making light of paedophilia and turning it into a joke but I think it's a different thing pointing it out - and that's what I thought the tone of that banner was.

It irks me most when they make out the EBT thing "is the worst crime in Scottish football" but completely ignore what went on over in the east end (while sipping Starbucks and buying stuff from Amazon on their iPhone)

7 hours ago, Marko96 said:

Folk need to get this "positive for the club and fans" pish out their heads pronto, are we fuckin taigs? Are we fuck! As our song goes "No one likes us, we don't care" there shouldn't even be this problem that cunts are getting their doors chapped for a banner ffs, fuck this nazi Scotland country. Rangers fans done each and every one proud on Sunday & we'll never let them forget their history that they're child molesting fenian cunts. Should be able to hold whatever banner you want & sing what you want, cunts are so easily offended these days, it's pathetic man.

A.R.S.E.

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."    Bill Struth

My lately deceased father (God Rest His Soul) was a C of S elder, a Past Master of his lodge, a Rangers man, an all round good Christian.  I have not exactly followed in his footsteps but I know for sure he would have found that banner abhorrent and would be turning in his grave. 

Supporting Rangers is all about the above to me - not some playground tit-for-tat point-scoring banner shit.  We are so so much better than that.  I really despair at times.....

1 minute ago, Bear Ass said:

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."    Bill Struth

My lately deceased father (God Rest His Soul) was a C of S elder, a Past Master of his lodge, a Rangers man, an all round good Christian.  I have not exactly followed in his footsteps but I know for sure he would have found that banner abhorrent and would be turning in his grave. 

Supporting Rangers is all about the above to me - not some playground tit-for-tat point-scoring banner shit.  We are so so much better than that.  I really despair at times.....

Really? Despair? You really despair? About banners at football matches?

Good grief...

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Are you comparing them calling us H*** to bullying? 

We call them Taigs, fenians etc. no need to get offended by it, it's a game a fitbaw with 90 minutes of abuse.

It's a derogatory in its simplist use and that's without the scum being tagged on it. I'm sure H** in some situations have been used during bullying but no the banner was clearly not bullying.

Fenian is not a derogatory term and it's all in how you use it and what your tagging on the end of it. 

I thought taig is derogatory but when you read up on it, it's not albeit I've only looked at Wikipedia. The same page says Tim is derogatory which I don't really agree with.

Just now, OceanRain said:

Really? Despair? You really despair? About banners at football matches?

Good grief...

Yes OR....I do - call me stupid.... But we are riding a wave of positivity and good feeling right now that I've not known in 30 years of following the Gers.  I suppose it's an age thing....when I was young and stupid I cared as little about the clubs reputation as some currently do. But now that I'm older (hopefully wiser!) and obviously more sensitive - I really do care about how our club is perceived by people out with this infested little country.

24 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

Yes OR....I do - call me stupid.... But we are riding a wave of positivity and good feeling right now that I've not known in 30 years of following the Gers.  I suppose it's an age thing....when I was young and stupid I cared as little about the clubs reputation as some currently do. But now that I'm older (hopefully wiser!) and obviously more sensitive - I really do care about how our club is perceived by people out with this infested little country.

You're not stupid. You're just blowing it out of all proportion. I think the carry on down in Manchester during the UEFA Cup final may have put a bigger dent in our PR campaign than a banner stating the fact that Celtic Football Club employed and tried to protect paedophiles.

Who cares about us in England, anyway? Who are you trying so desperately to impress?

24 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

For the record, I'd also imagine there's a good number of people in England who view the Protestant/Catholic ties that each club has as tiresome and petty. What would be your response to those people who see us as nothing but sectarian bigots?

3 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

For the record, I'd also imagine there's a good number of people in England who view the Protestant/Catholic ties that each club has a tiresome and petty. What would be your response to those people who see us as nothing but sectarian bigots?

Good question! I know that's what it's always going to be about in Scotland and I'm very much ok with that.  I am most definitely living in fantasy land but I cling on to the hope that we will eventually become a club that people from all over will tune into because of our attractive style of football - all our games - not just OF games (We all like the El Classico but still tune into Barca and RM when they play other teams).  Ach.... I've had too many beers and I'm havering now.....

8 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

Good question! I know that's what it's always going to be about in Scotland and I'm very much ok with that.  I am most definitely living in fantasy land but I cling on to the hope that we will eventually become a club that people from all over will tune into because of our attractive style of football - all our games - not just OF games (We all like the El Classico but still tune into Barca and RM when they play other teams).  Ach.... I've had too many beers and I'm havering now.....

But that's the style of football they play. The players that play for those clubs. What's that got do to do with your point about the banner?

In fact, none of that has anything to do with your previous point or my question about sectarianism.

2 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

But that's the style of football they play. The players that play for those clubs. What's that got do to do with your point about the banner?

I just thnk that kind of language will alienate potential fans (and I don't mean paedos)  - and it really has nothing to do with our club

6 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

I just thnk that kind of language will alienate potential fans (and I don't mean paedos)  - and it really has nothing to do with our club

And this is what I'm getting at. So if some people find the language of that banner alienates potential supporters, then where do you stand on some of the loyalist and/or paramilitary references that are found in some of the songs sung at home and away, each and every weekend? Are we to start pandering to people who find those words alienating too? And, if not, why not?

1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

And this is what I'm getting at. So if some people find the language of that banner alienates some people, then where do you stand on some of the loyalist and/or paramilitary references that are found in some of the songs sung home and away each and every weekend? Are we to start pandering to those people too? And, if not, why not?

We are club with strong PUL traditions - that's who we are, proud of it and should never be ashamed of it. That in itself is not offensive (OK - it is to some in Scotland - but fuck them) just like Bilbao with their Basque traditions and Barca with their Catellan. The banner in question (which I wasn't offended by - I just thought it was in poor taste) was not proclaiming our pride in our heritage and tradition but was about another club and their very obvious short-comings. I'm very much for the former and not the latter.  I know it's a difficult time just now when they're constantly on the attack regarding our 2012 financial difficulties but I just wish we had a different line of defence.

You are correct when you say I am blowing it out of proportion - I obviously got a bee in my bonnet!