The captaincy has changed hands

Gooseman

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

John Greig without doubt.

I would have to disagree with you on that score, Wullie :pipe: I would have to say Tiger Shaw, but I'm sure my father and grandfather would have disagreed with me and said none compared to David Ditchburn Meiklejohn. :21:

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

I would have to disagree with you on that score, Wullie :pipe: I would have to say Tiger Shaw, but I'm sure my father and grandfather would have disagreed with me and said none compared to David Ditchburn Meiklejohn. :21:

Agree with you there. it all relevant to our own time following the Gers. My father was a big fan of Jock 'Tiger' Shaw. Always wonder if Shearer and then JG as quickly, would have been captain if Eric Caldow hadn't got the leg break in 1962.

Was at the Souness night at the Louden last night and Souness reckons as much as Butcher set the whole thing off , Gough was his best signing. 

When he went to Torino as manager ( ? ) , he wanted to sign Gough , told David Murray , and the next thing he knew , Gough had re - signed for Rangers :D

5 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Was at the Souness night at the Louden last night and Souness reckons as much as Butcher set the whole thing off , Gough was his best signing. 

When he went to Torino as manager ( ? ) , he wanted to sign Gough , told David Murray , and the next thing he knew , Gough had re - signed for Rangers :D

Souness at the game today?

19 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Souness at the game today?

He never mentioned it , but would be surprised if he wasn't , unless work commitments stopped him. 

He was a bit chocked up about us for a wee moment , obviously we still play a big part of his life. 

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

He never mentioned it , but would be surprised if he wasn't , unless work commitments stopped him. 

He was a bit chocked up about us for a wee moment , obviously we still play a big part of his life. 

Walter was in the directors box with his wife, if Souness was there I would have thought he would have been around Walter, never seen him anytime the cameras were on the DB.

In my time supporting Rangers Gough was the best, but the best of all time was the man who was handing out medals today; he was voted the Greatest ever Ranger, and that must have been for a good reason. Seeing old clips, John Greig looked every inch the leader; and in a dressing rooms with many strong characters that says a lot. John Greig, Richard Gough, and Lee Wallace together would have been a good photograph.

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Agree with you there. it all relevant to our own time following the Gers. My father was a big fan of Jock 'Tiger' Shaw. Always wonder if Shearer and then JG as quickly, would have been captain if Eric Caldow hadn't got the leg break in 1962.

That's a very valid point,Wullie and not one I've ever thought about previously. All good captains in their own way and as you say, it's all relevant to what era you are watching Rangers.