Danny Boyle

Laudrup1984

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

As a wee aside while on the topic of the director, was the Steve Jobs movie any good?

If you are interested enough in Jobs to have read the Walter Isaacson book then you will hate it (I did). 

Alternatively, if you just want a small glimpse into the supposed life of Jobs (the shock factor being that he was mostly a monster of a human being) then the movie does its job. The book is phenomenal, the movie is a borefest and an odd choice for Boyle.  

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Not sure about that.
But what is it with you, I notice that you are unable to get the fucking point - which the point being is replying to your again stupit statement that religion is dying.
Have you not understood the news of France & Belgium ?

But religion is dying, one of the reasons ISIS are bombing France etc is because the country has become "godless"

4 minutes ago, Drum said:

If you are interested enough in Jobs to have read the Walter Isaacson book then you will hate it (I did). 

Alternatively, if you just want a small glimpse into the supposed life of Jobs (the shock factor being that he was mostly a monster of a human being) then the movie does its job. The book is phenomenal, the movie is a borefest and an odd choice for Boyle.  

Always tell my son, read the book then watch the movie.  Sounds like this may be better the other way round.  Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Britain, Great Britain, United Kingdom was 100% established as a Presbyterian Nation - Rangers, being a British club supported the principles of Britain - hence the Queens 11, Remembrance day etc etc.

One of the founding principles of Britain is civil and religious liberty

2 hours ago, cstamomusa said:

Psalms 100:3

“Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.” 

King James Version (KJV)

Version? Only a lie has different versions

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

All Presbyterians are Protestant, not all Protestants are Presbyterian.   Hope that helps.  

Where is Gogzy when a thread needs locked.

Anyhow hope Boyle enjoyed the game and as Dave Allen always said, May Your God go with you.  

Happy to do the honours.