Danny Boyle

Laudrup1984

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Butting in a bit there are you not - idiot2.

Seriously though, please explain it to me. Why are you calling me an idiot for not believing in talking snakes, that folk can come back to life days after dying and all the other bat shit crazy stuff in the bible?

It kinda sounds like you are calling me and idiot because im being really insulting and making fun of your religion. Of course that is exactly what im doing, its stupid, it deserves to be ridiculed.

I still cant see why you can justify calling me an idiot though, what part of my argument is 'stupid' rather than just highly insulting?

19 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You sound like you have a hatred for protestants.

Far from it mate if I wasn't an atheist I'd be  one, but common sense prevents me from believing in an imaginary man in the sky. If I'm wrong and evidence does appear for the first time EVER then ill be on board the proddie  bus. For now I'm happy for religion to belong in the dark ages where it was thought up on a flat earth.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Seriously though, please explain it to me. Why are you calling me an idiot for not believing in talking snakes, that folk can come back to life days after dying and all the other bat shit crazy stuff in the bible?

It kinda sounds like you are calling me and idiot because im being really insulting and making fun of your religion. Of course that is exactly what im doing, its stupid, it deserves to be ridiculed.

I still cant see why you can justify calling me an idiot though, what part of my argument is 'stupid' rather than just highly insulting?

I'm not a Kirk visiting, bible preaching character. Far from it - I'm a Rangers supporter - I stated whether we are better for it, being 50,000 supporters being unlike our forefathers.

You alone decided to make out i'm John Knox.

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dont tell me they are giving up on the genocide and have decided to go down the Jehovah's Witnesses tactic of boring you to death at the door!

Not sure about that.
But what is it with you, I notice that you are unable to get the fucking point - which the point being is replying to your again stupit statement that religion is dying.
Have you not understood the news of France & Belgium ?

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Agreed, and very true - but like football clubs the world over allied to a religion; we became a British, a Presbyterian FC. Nevertheless, the term 'We Are The People' comes from the Presbyterian/British population of Northern Ireland.

Does it? Doesn't it just come from the song 'We are the people who cheer the boys in blue'? Seems far more likely to me.

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

This may be present day RFC, but it is not reflective of our history, from our GreatGranddads, to Granddads to our Dads  - and I am not sure whether all our supporters are all better for it - certainly the UK is not.

We employed Catholics right back to the beginnings of the club, even ones from Glasgow including Frankie Miller's grandad.

They were founded on sectarian priniples, we were not.  Replicate what happened in Glasgow in EDINBURGH AND dundee.

Football like life is better without religious mythology.

3 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

Psalms 100:3

“Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.” 

King James Version (KJV)

Seems far less likely to me than it simply coming from a song we used to sing.

Doesn't that refer to Jews anyway?