Dirt Rally

Bobthemod

Just bought Dirt Rally. Been playing it for a couple hours and must say the game is hard as anything. 

Driving physics seem real trying to throw the car round a corner is hard and you need to completely re learn how you play a racing game. Especially with needing to learn how to flick it round corners to maintain speed. You can't just go full speed up to a tight corner and break and turn doesn't work like that in this game

The amount of times I've rolled the car and got 14 second penalties for over cooking a corner and ending up well off the track or through a person is frustrating. 

Given that I give the game 5 stars as it's addictive and makes you want to try harder to get your driving spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Bobthemod said:

Just bought Dirt Rally. Been playing it for a couple hours and must say the game is hard as anything. 

Driving physics seem real trying to throw the car round a corner is hard and you need to completely re learn how you play a racing game. Especially with needing to learn how to flick it round corners to maintain speed. You can't just go full speed up to a tight corner and break and turn doesn't work like that in this game

The amount of times I've rolled the car and got 14 second penalties for over cooking a corner and ending up well off the track or through a person is frustrating. 

Given that I give the game 5 stars as it's addictive and makes you want to try harder to get your driving spot on. 

I'm going to order it soon I think mate read good stuff about it 

5 minutes ago, rossDas said:

Looks good - I haven't bought a racer since Sega Rally on the 360, but I might check this one out.  

This isn't so much as a racer but a proper simulator. 

It's certainly not a pick up and play 

14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

This isn't so much as a racer but a proper simulator. 

It's certainly not a pick up and play 

That's what interests me about Dirt Rally, and if it has randomly generated weather for the courses then it'll be a definite buy for me.  Sega Rally was neat, but lacked the long term appeal of a proper sim. 

• 2 weeks later...