Is this the best time for SPFL to push for an 18 team top league???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Absolutely not. In the interests of "sporting integrity" Scumdee Hibs and Hivs the club that vanished for a year but still claims a SC won by the old Hivs must come up by merit. I can't speak for all Rangers fans but I cannot see to many supporting either of those scummy clubs getting a helping hand. And personally I hope they both rot in the lower leagues for years. These are clubs who's support would have rather have their own clubs go bust than vote for us. Fu*k them. And I can't understand ANY Ger who would propose bailing them out.

Yes it's great seeing these fuckers being demoted and getting their karma however if we can't see past our hatred for them then we're just acting like them when they decided to send us down. Whether we like it or not we are in Scotland, we play in the Scottish leagues and we must make sure that they are the best they can be for the sake of our club.

Our club is on a massive high at the moment and world football is noticing it. It's up to us to grab our game by the scruff of the neck and drag it back up, not seek to destroy it through hatred. 

We need to do something ppl get bored and fall away with so many repetitive games and the split is the same .

18 teams 3 leagues 2 up 2 down  just go back to basics .

Then you can meet in the cup games .

I also hate all the Spfl teams and giving them any away money .

I would rather it was shared out with other clubs and put a bit of life back into Scottish football.

We have done a lot for all the clubs on our way back and our journey has been followed with admiration around the world.

We are more popular than the other lot as ppl have seen through them for what they are and we want to grow from this. 

We have a good manager and  lets get Hibs beaten and get into Europe .

Play off thing is a joke if in relegation position you should be down, have play off over long weekend in May and one off final for each division. England has shown the way with this, Motherwell were pish all season then luck they met us to stay up. Just wrong. 16 team league with strong cup competitions played at 3pm on a Saturday. Tell tv companies there will be one live game each  week 1pm kick off. Sack SFA, SPFL personnel and have 1 governing body why do we have so many administrators for a simple game.  

I wasn't suggesting that this be implemented nor that i would be in favour, just that as the title says "best time" for them to push it. Being mostly illiterate and mostly coming out with some good shite i probably should have worded it all better.

What i should have been trying to get across is that there are a few championship teams that would do well in the Premier league. As always take us and the scum out of it and it would be a very interesting league, (more to play for etc, etc), then throw Dundee utd, Hibs, Falkirk and Morton back into the mix and it would heat up even more.

Clearly us and the scum aren't going to be out of the picture (well us at least, i'm still hoping the Co-Op call in that loan, while the money is tied up in Panama) any time soon, so excluding us and them to make an argument for a more exciting league is (al though i have just made that point) pointless.

On 08/05/2016 at 5:48 PM, RyanMac said:

I'd rather go down the route of getting rid of clubs from the top level game, a country our size can't sustain the amount of teams we have. It would be better to cut the pool and concentrate on the teams left, bigger slice of the same pie. 

I have said this for many years and even went into some depth a few years ago to see what teams could be amalgamated to bring the average attendances up. Fans wouldn't like it in the short term and the argument would always be "well you wouldn't expect Rangers and Celtic to merge", swiftly answered by "well we have the fan base, you don't" but if the quailty after a few years improved and the gate receipts went up Scottish football would benefit as a whole.

Might try to find those docs again and update the figures for the last 4 years seen as we have spread our wealth across the whole country on our travels.