Eight years ago today

Virtuoso

Slept with ticket under my bed when i got it ( yes am sad ) still never watched game back same with the pens from semi still never seen them again. Fuck SFA they hung us out to dry then also not giving us better time to prepare for game. The whole week after final was a nightmare 

A day filled with so much promise ,ruined by disgraceful organisation and a very small minority of drunk bears .

Over 200,000 thousand without using any calculators was figure given .

The feeling of losing was nothing compared to the morning we got back and realised the haters were all out for the day in the media .

Would gladly have went on a Rambo spree that day with these repugnant fucks in the tabloids

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

What's your other two mate ??

Beating Marseille in the 92/93 season to get to the Champions League final and losing 1-0 to Kilmarnock to stop us doing 10 in a row. ??

So many mixed emotions about that day...biggest thing for me was we never set ourselves up to have a real go...:(..

I remember us coming out the stadium, looking at the helicopters then to our right and seeing hundreds of riot police dressed up like Robocop! Ended up sleeping in the car ... 

The GMP should have been shot for their lack of preparation and planning given they'd been told what the score was... they just never listened and it could have been a lot worse... I remember one copper shitting himslelf as he watched hoards of fans hanging off lamposts etc... and me then telling him that he hadn'tt seen anything yet as the M6 was still rammed with supporters buses. :541:

Great Sash-Bash the night before though - I'd to have a cartilage op on my knee after stamping on it for hours...

The biggest mobilisation of supporters for a match ever....:ukflag:

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Mine would be that, Marseilles away and getting beat home to Killie in May 1998.

Good shout mate .I had hardened up by the time these ones came around .

So many but my total heartbreakers were 79 decider and 80 cup final . Totally gutted for weeks after these ones .

Was younger then . Think when you get older ,you deal with it better .

Can remember the Marseilles game and not going for the winner which would have taken us to final . Also gutting.

The Killie game for me will always be remembered for Bobby Taits last game . Everyone of the beggar media got hold of the fact he was a bear .

Put him under so much pressure . Having spoke to him .he said " I just couldn't give us anything " Honourable maybe but if it were me .And it was my last game . Also going for 10 .

I know what I would have done . A sad day but hope was ignited following day .

The following week was the real heartbreak .All the more gutting as we pumped the beggars twice in a week 3/4 weeks earlier

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Good shout mate .I had hardened up by the time these ones came around .

So many but my total heartbreakers were 79 decider and 80 cup final . Totally gutted for weeks after these ones .

Was younger then . Think when you get older ,you deal with it better .

Can remember the Marseilles game and not going for the winner which would have taken us to final . Also gutting.

The Killie game for me will always be remembered for Bobby Taits last game . Everyone of the beggar media got hold of the fact he was a bear .

Put him under so much pressure . Having spoke to him .he said " I just couldn't give us anything " Honourable maybe but if it were me .And it was my last game . Also going for 10 .

I know what I would have done . A sad day but hope was ignited following day .

The following week was the real heartbreak .All the more gutting as we pumped the beggars twice in a week 3/4 weeks earlier

Very true.

We should have won that year. Looking back on it, it was actually a terrible period on January through to early March that really cost us, dropping points in games we shouldn't have.

Heartbreaking indeed.

Just now, B1872 said:

Ha ha just got that! It's true though, they're probably our 3 biggest disappointments in our 144 year history.

It's all about experiences mate .Just glad the good and glorious days far out way the heartbreaks .

And next week ,it better not be the latter

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You Inigo's Brother:P

Nah. My brother's a weirdo that doesn't know anything about football.... actually, on second thoughts maybe he is my brother.

(Just kidding, B :P)

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Very true.

We should have won that year. Looking back on it, it was actually a terrible period on January through to early March that really cost us, dropping points in games we shouldn't have.

Heartbreaking indeed.

The decider had been cancelled due to bad weather mate .Still have ticket from 8th January. Yes it was pretty bad weather but a bit like scenario in 1998 ,they got that game put off because our form was very good around late 1978. We only had ourselves to blame that night .They were down to 10 and we only needed a draw .

You could say we Hibbsed it :power_of_anguish:

36 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The decider had been cancelled due to bad weather mate .Still have ticket from 8th January. Yes it was pretty bad weather but a bit like scenario in 1998 ,they got that game put off because our form was very good around late 1978. We only had ourselves to blame that night .They were down to 10 and we only needed a draw .

You could say we Hibbsed it :power_of_anguish:

Wasn't any radio commentary that night for some reason.

Not sure if Teletext hadn't been invented or just our telly didn't have it.

Got so desperate to know what was happening, I actually rang Parkhead to try to find out!

Phone rang forever, but eventually got answered - guy at the other end said simply '1-0 Rangers' & slammed the phone down!

Then the roof fell in....

21 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Wasn't any radio commentary that night for some reason.

Not sure if Teletext hadn't been invented or just our telly didn't have it.

Got so desperate to know what was happening, I actually rang Parkhead to try to find out!

Phone rang forever, but eventually got answered - guy at the other end said simply '1-0 Rangers' & slammed the phone down!

Then the roof fell in....

There was some tv strike going on at the time .Not sure if it affected the radio commentary as well.Wee Doddie put us 1-0 up and the whole first half was played up their end it seemed .Big Bomber had as clear a penalty denied as you will ever see .Handball on line but Eddie Pringle never gave it .The game should have been out of site before Doyle got sent off for them .That totally galvanised them and they got the equaliser .Their fans who had been fighting with themselves all night then started to lift the players.Even at 2-2 the league was ours .Bomber og with 5minutes left blew it for us