Rangers statement

daverfc13

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A full day has now gone by since the statement posted on the Rangers website at about 6pm on Saturday.  And a comms blackout from the Manager, players and staff.   No post-match comments.  No interviews.  No articles.  No further response to the disgraceful assaults by Hibs supporters or response to the reactions / statements from the SFA, Police, Hibs, media and politicians.   So far the Club is keeping its powder dry - presumably taking time to make a thorough assessment of the situation and to develop the messages to be conveyed to the Manager, staff, and players who were in the front line of the assault by Hibs fans, and messages to the football authorities and other authorities and to the media.

A bit of a council of war perhaps.  Because it was open hostility against Rangers yesterday and not for the first time in recent seasons.   A full day without any follow up statements feels to me that matters being considered by the Board are not just about allowing a cooling off period for assessment in the cold light of day, but that the serious events and violence which erupted due to the actions of Hibs supporters may have crossed a line which requires a very robust response from the Club.    .  

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

A full day has now gone by since the statement posted on the Rangers website at about 6pm on Saturday.  And a comms blackout from the Manager, players and staff.   No post-match comments.  No interviews.  No articles.  No further response to the disgraceful assaults by Hibs supporters or response to the reactions / statements from the SFA, Police, Hibs, media and politicians.   So far the Club is keeping its powder dry - presumably taking time to make a thorough assessment of the situation and to develop the messages to be conveyed to the Manager, staff, and players who were in the front line of the assault by Hibs fans, and messages to the football authorities and other authorities and to the media.

A bit of a council of war perhaps.  Because it was open hostility against Rangers yesterday and not for the first time in recent seasons.   A full day without any follow up statements feels to me that matters being considered by the Board are not just about allowing a cooling off period for assessment in the cold light of day, but that the serious events and violence which erupted due to the actions of Hibs supporters may have crossed a line which requires a very robust response from the Club.    . 

MW was clearly shocked at the events and why not. I do hope the board are indeed treading carefully on this and thinking it through to come up with the best possible statement that kills off our haters, including our very own substantive threats, leaving the authorities with no alternative but to take action.  I fully expect the exocet in the morning. Traynor is quite the evil bastard and this will be right up his street, on legal advice of course.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

MW was clearly shocked at the events and why not. I do hope the board are indeed treading carefully on this and thinking it through to come up with the best possible statement that kills off our haters, including our very own substantive threats, leaving the authorities with no alternative but to take action.  I fully expect the exocet in the morning. Traynor is quite the evil bastard and this will be right up his street, on legal advice of course.

A bit more than an exocet -see Statement just posted on Rangers website.  No punches pulled

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It just happened. 

http://www.parliament.scot/gettinginvolved/petitions/index.aspx

We need someone to kick-off an e-petition to the Scottish parliament calling on the government to conduct a full and independent inquiry into the assaults upon the players and staff of the Rangers Football Club after the final whistle at the Scottish Cup Final, Hampden Park, Glasgow on 21 May 2016.

I'd do it myself but I'm in Northern Ireland and I think you've to be resident in Scotland to register. If we could get everyone behind a single, well-crafted petition it'd help keep yesterday's shameful events in the public eye and widen the issues beyond the football authorities.  While we're at it, a separate petition to Westminster might be a good thing too.