Strict liability

Noticed this story on the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36428309

Given the events of the past 2 weeks I'm now a full on paranoid Rangers fan. Therefore I read with some trepidation an MP calling for strict liability at football and for the SFA to take control. We all know which club's fans are stalked, persecuted and held to a law that is unfairly applied. Which is why I think this would just be another set of rules/ laws to hammer our fans with and let the others off with their jolly craic.

23 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The club's them selves have to vote it in. I can't see it happening. 

True, but the MSP stated that unless the SFA do something, the government will. Sounds like a threat to me and if he is talking strict liability then I suspect what the Govt will bring in will be the bastard spawn of the Offensive Behaviour act.

If we as fans behave then we have no reason to be scared,  while singing is really a non issue to me,  things like flares and smoke bombs are a recipe for disaster.  We all know about the Bradford City fire.   This has no place in Ibrox or our support and the sooner it gets stopped the better. 

The tims won't like this at all,it will be lieswell and his cronies behind the lack of strict liability rules

the tims have been let off with this more times than us in the last few years,remember Berwick when the billy boys got blasted because it was in England,the savilles got rumbled before that for their song book but let off as the club had been seen to do as much as they could to stop it 

now we are entering an era where the ira threat is at a very high level ,more now than the last 15yr since their last bomb attack( I had a close encounter with that attack in Ealing Broadway,walked past the car about 45mins before the blast,my hotel was just across the common)

ita only a matter of time before they start their cowardly tricks again ,and with the public attitude towards terrorism changing massively since 9/11 and the ongoing war on terror since any Provo singing or banners from the scum will go down like a lead balloon post any ira activity

with new laws from holyrood it would destroy their faux squeaky clean image ,imho the sfa will be forced to take this matter in house  because UEFA and Fifa will not stand for any goverement intervention 

51 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

If we as fans behave then we have no reason to be scared,  while singing is really a non issue to me,  things like flares and smoke bombs are a recipe for disaster.  We all know about the Bradford City fire.   This has no place in Ibrox or our support and the sooner it gets stopped the better. 

I don't condone smoke bombs and flares necessarily but wasn't Bradford's stand wooden?

Trust me lessons will have been learnt from the last time they implemented / amended that bill.

This time around be in no doubt whatsoever that it will be worded and structured in such a way that we will be by far the main targets and fall guys.

The best of it is we can't and won't do a fuckin thing to stop it. 

6 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Noticed this story on the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36428309

Given the events of the past 2 weeks I'm now a full on paranoid Rangers fan. Therefore I read with some trepidation an MP calling for strict liability at football and for the SFA to take control. We all know which club's fans are stalked, persecuted and held to a law that is unfairly applied. Which is why I think this would just be another set of rules/ laws to hammer our fans with and let the others off with their jolly craic.

"That may be strict liability or a form of strict liability or it may be something else, but the bottom line is we want to see football taking the opportunity to finally address this long-standing issue.

This is why I hate politics. 

Strict liability? Fair enough. Let's have strict liability for political parties, as well. Any time a SNP member comes out  with an anti-British statement the party is charged with racism, or perhaps the party could be charged under the new 'Offensive Behaviour in Politics act'? I doubt we'd see any support for that from the SNP.

The strict liability rule applies in Europe but because we are now in top division ,you know why they are angling for this .Got fuck all to with beggars or Hivs fans rioting .It's all about the Rangers and next season it will be all about the "sectarian "songs we sing .All with a background of corruption and nepotism going on in this rancid little infested City .

2 hours ago, GMac said:

"That may be strict liability or a form of strict liability or it may be something else, but the bottom line is we want to see football taking the opportunity to finally address this long-standing issue.

This is why I hate politics. 

It's all a crock of shite .Every last one of them says what they feel that  has to be said with no belief and desire for what they are actually saying .$$$$$corruption,power  ,greed and self interest .That is what their motivation is 

I long for the day that my club has men "with balls " that can stand up for the traditions of our club .Fight like crazy to defend our rights and be pro-active in defending us against the many ,many hateful lies from our enemies 

Sadly under these muppets it's just like DM era .

I will be long gone before this ever happens ,even if it ever does .

The rhebel version of the story is even worse. In that one he whines about sectarian songs and threatens to remove 4million funding from youth football if he doesn't get his way. When did all the kids become responsible ?

What a disgusting individual that shows the scottish  nazi party in their true light

10 hours ago, Gooseman said:

Flares and smoke bombs are let off in stadiums all around the world on an almost daily basis. When was the last time a stadium went up in flames due to a flare?

20 minutes ago, Sket said:

Flares and smoke bombs are let off in stadiums all around the world on an almost daily basis. When was the last time a stadium went up in flames due to a flare?

If you want to let off flares and smoke bombs with no regard for the health/safety/comfort of your fellow supporters, then I suggest that a certain ground in the east end would be more appropriate for you. Childish ignorant behaviour is not the Rangers way and ought to be stamped out.

34 minutes ago, Sket said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10490064/Campaign-starts-to-warn-of-dangers-of-fans-using-flares-and-smoke-bombs-in-grounds.html

I refer you to the above link.  it says in the article "They are not designed for use in confined spaces and it is illegal to enter a football stadium with one and set it off."

I don't care if fans in Italy, Turkey, Spain, Germany or anywhere else does it that does not make it right or acceptable. We are Rangers and we lead by example, we are far better than setting of flares and smoke bombs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paok-vs-olympiakos-watch-greek-3423286

from 2014 - due to flares and smoke bombs.

11 hours ago, Gooseman said:

I was a steward at Ibrox at the time of the Bradford City fire, all stewards were brought into the stadium to see Fire Brigade footage of the aftermath and it was extremely disturbing. There were piles of stuff in front of the exit doors of the stand that burned down, one of us asked what they were, they were partially burnt but completely unrecognisable remains of people who had tried to get out.

So sing whatever you want to but please for fuxake don't chuck pyrotechnics around. I don't want to see another Ibrox disaster.

29 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

If you want to let off flares and smoke bombs with no regard for the health/safety/comfort of your fellow supporters, then I suggest that a certain ground in the east end would be more appropriate for you. Childish ignorant behaviour is not the Rangers way and ought to be stamped out.

I would suggest you stop crying because Nicky Law was released.

12 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10490064/Campaign-starts-to-warn-of-dangers-of-fans-using-flares-and-smoke-bombs-in-grounds.html

I refer you to the above link.  it says in the article "They are not designed for use in confined spaces and it is illegal to enter a football stadium with one and set it off."

I don't care if fans in Italy, Turkey, Spain, Germany or anywhere else does it that does not make it right or acceptable. We are Rangers and we lead by example, we are far better than setting of flares and smoke bombs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paok-vs-olympiakos-watch-greek-3423286

from 2014 - due to flares and smoke bombs.

I never said it was 'right' or 'acceptable'. You mentioned the Bradford City fire,I asked when the last time a flare was responsible for burning a stadium to the ground. 

7 minutes ago, Sket said:

I never said it was 'right' or 'acceptable'. You mentioned the Bradford City fire,I asked when the last time a flare was responsible for burning a stadium to the ground. 

What has Law got to do with so-called fans disgracing the Club. Maybe you are hoping we get hammered again.

8 minutes ago, Sket said:

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

What has Law got to do with so-called fans disgracing the Club. Maybe you are hoping we get hammered again.

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe you are just making assumptions.

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe you are just making assumptions.