Welcome to Rangers Lee Hodson - Signs 3 Year Deal For An Undisclosed Fee

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's highly rated?

The saving grace for me (same as Gilks) is that they are only cover, with respect to them.

It's OK saying we've signed 8 but 2 are basically confirmed cover and the other 6 replace Templeton, Bell, Shiels, Law, Clark, Zelalem, Ball .. that's 7 out (albiet Templeton and Bell never played) but we aren't really any better off than last season numbers wise and we lacked options then. I know Warburton said he expects another 2 to sign which is great but really these 2 have to both be first team starters that will automatically enhance our XI without a doubt.

He was when 19 yes, why I said someone who has not fulfilled his potential. I'm not saying hell be a starter just pointing out he matches MW signing policy perfectly.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

He was when 19 yes, why I said someone who has not fulfilled his potential. I'm not saying hell be a starter just pointing out he matches MW signing policy perfectly.

What is Warburtons signing policy. ?

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah.

I know we lacked cover of a decent quality so it's good we are sorting that but at the same time we need to improve our starting 11 but so far bar Barton I don't think we have.

The remaining players to come in have to be high level players who will take our squad a few gears up in level. It's the only way we will win the title and fight on all fronts.

34 year old journeymen who haven't played football in a year and a bit isn't what a club expecting to go for the title should be looking at especially when the defence is such a frailty. Then of course you look at the attacking areas and we are in the same position we were last season in being in desperate need for a decent finisher. If Waghorn get's injured we are in big trouble.

Calm...we're not even in July!!

We will be getting at least one striker in permanently, of that I'm sure.  When that player is signed, who knows, but I'd rather the right one than a rushed one that's more of a gamble.  Likely to be a loan or two also.

Also, the issue of improving the first team; none of us really know if the quality of player that's come in, with the exception of Barton and perhaps Hill, is as good as (or better) than what's already in the first team...because our knowledge of them is limited.  We saw that with the likes of Waghorn, Tav, Holt, Forrester etc, so lets not rush into judgement just yet.  I think the manager has earned that luxury of being judged later rather than earlier.  

With respect to 34 year-olds who haven't played for a year...it's no risk at all.  He has a pedigree, recommendations from a trusted source and we're in his country.  On the flip side, he has an injury history and is heading towards the twilight of his career.  He's only training with us for a couple of weeks so we can have a look, there's nothing at all to lose. We've done with loads of players over the years, taken some not taken others.  I'm comfortable in the knowledge that the management won't be touching him if they don't think he's either good enough or he won't last the pace.