Welcome to Rangers Lee Hodson - Signs 3 Year Deal For An Undisclosed Fee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Camshy said:

650000 seems a fair whack of money for a guy who will be playing second fiddle to Tav and Waldo.......have to say I'm a little disappointed as that seems quite a bit of money and I would have preferred the lions share go to a good quality striker.

Back to bed.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

All we need now is a quality CB, Striker and left full back cover and we're good to go.

Wouldn't be against a creative midfielder and another striker(Abraham) on loan in August either but maybe I'm pushing it. 

Someone mentioned it in another a thread, but the CB and Striker signings could be the difference, I really hope we bring in quality. Vaughan and the American isn't good enough and my concerns about King would have much more substance if that's the case. 

Both Hodson and Halliday can cover there mate.

1 minute ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Welcome to Rangers. Good to see another Ulster man pulling on the famous blue jersey. 

I think he has a Belfast born granny, sounds more like Micky Flannagan than Kyle Lafferty, born in Borehamwood where Warburton played for years.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The thought of Wallace getting injured and Halliday playing left back makes me cringe mate. Our full-backs are the most important part of Warburton's style. Although Hodson can play left-back I'm not sure he would be as effective down that side, I may be wrong though. Would still prefer a left footed defensive player coming into the squad.

He played left back a lot at Kilmarnock and has played there previously. Halliday played left back for a few teams down south I think, maybe Blackpool and Boro if he ever got a game. He also played left back in the Petrofac final against Peterhead when Wallace came off, and he didn't look out of place. He has all the right qualities to play that position for us, goes forward, left footed, good cross on him, good shot, reasonable pace.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The thought of Wallace getting injured and Halliday playing left back makes me cringe mate. Our full-backs are the most important part of Warburton's style. Although Hodson can play left-back I'm not sure he would be as effective down that side, I may be wrong though. Would still prefer a left footed defensive player coming into the squad.

Really don't see why Halliday would be a problem at left back, he's played there before and could cover for Wallace comfortably, even if not as good.

1 hour ago, borderbear said:

The value of the pound has fallen so low after Brexit that £650k is the new £100k. :belm2:

You'll have to bring wheelbarrows of cash to buy a pie & a programme at Ibrox next season...

22 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

We need a striker more than anything, someone who is tall can hold the ball up and has an eye for goal. Until a proven goal scorer is found then we will not win the league, we can't just play teams of the park we need to take our chances 

Who's that other N.I. player that has got this song about him about being on fire? He also didn't get on during the Euros but he scored 30 goals last season. Who does he play for and would he not be affordable?

Welcome to the club Lee, Tav could do with the competition, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Beggars spend 650k on a player .The boy is a world beater and has now instant potential value of 10million 

Rangerd sign a player for 650k and there is no fanfare whatsoever 

:lol:

Well the guy they signed is highly rated and will get into their starting 11, this lads just cover and squad filler.

Its totally understandable

2 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

some experience, some depth, some potential.    Squad is coming together nicely.  We really need some firepower in the door though.  I'd like to see us sign at least one quality striker, and a back up to him.

I don't think many fans were excited about Tav signing. This guy night not be just cover. I expect him to be be serious competition for Tav. Cover for Wallace given he is captain. Sincerely hope he is another shrewd signing by Warburton. Welcome to Rangers! 

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Who's that other N.I. player that has got this song about him about being on fire? He also didn't get on during the Euros but he scored 30 goals last season. Who does he play for and would he not be affordable?

Welcome to the club Lee, Tav could do with the competition, that's for sure.

Will Grigg and plays for Wigan.