• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Never mentioned anyone else this is about Kiernan. 

True but the point stands, if players are only as good as their last game why do any of them deserved to be here this season?

My first reaction to the Charleston game was, we have got good height in the defence now, both Kiernan and Wilson are lacking in that department, can't see how either will suddenly get better and the quicker they get another CB with height the better.

8 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

True but the point stands, if players are only as good as their last game why do any of them deserved to be here this season?

Exactly, everyone knew about the threat Stokes could've posed, so why Tavernier didn't hang back to help Kiernan is beyond me. 

Kiernan isn't the only one defending or goalkeeping, it's a team effort. 

18 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think after the way they played after humping the thims, they all have a point to prove. Personally I wouldn't give him a new contract until Jan and we see what he can do in the top flight first. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I think after the way they played after humping the thims, they all have a point to prove. Personally I wouldn't give him a new contract until Jan and we see what he can do in the top flight first. 

Then what happens if he has an exceptional season and decides to fuck off in Jan for nothing? This is good business imo

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What did he cost us coming in? 

Its worth waiting to see if he is up to the job first imo. 

He cost 283k according to TransferMarkt

I think it's better to give him an extension now because he has obvious potential, as shown in the game against Them.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He cost 283k according to TransferMarkt

I think it's better to give him an extension now because he has obvious potential, as shown in the game against Them.

Them had a few right good chances. 

If it was simply an extra year on the same money then yes but no more money. 

The criticism of Kiernan is completely ridiculous, extremely short sighted and way over the top. Yes he had a very poor end to the season probably after the Celtic game is when it started to go badly for him (like most of our squad) he started of a little slow aswell but after his first month till probably about March/April he was a rock at the back it was Wilson who was the bombscare if you were to look at the comments on here from around December you would see the majority of the board praising him our fans are so fickle it's unreal.

Sure if he wants to retain his place he needs to improve his consistency and concentration but he is nowhere near as bad as made out on here. People also need to realise our defenders are bound to get caught out more than previous years due to our team's style of play, we are always pressing so far up the pitch leaving the likes of Kiernan and Tavernier far more exposed. It is far easier for a defender to remain solid in a Walter Smith sit deep and defend type team than it is for Tavernier who is playing as a right winger most of the time.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Both are as bad each other.

People only notice the likes of Kiernan/Wilson (and now Hill will likely get the same treatment) when they fuck up or we concede a goal. 

Tav on the other hand as a goal tally to boast about but in all honesty, scoring goals isn't his main job. He acts more like a winger than a right back. While he should be helping with defensive duties. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

People only notice the likes of Kiernan/Wilson (and now Hill will likely get the same treatment) when they fuck up or we concede a goal. 

Tav on the other hand as a goal tally to boast about but in all honesty, scoring goals isn't his main job. He acts more like a winger than a right back. While he should be helping with defensive duties. 

I think that he is more attack based than defence due to the way Warbo likes us to play

Guest Lloyd72

8 up front

2 in back :lol:

Lol I think with a proper CDM it'll be more 3 at the back tbh, that's why I think both defenders deserve another chance with a proper midfield in front of them not 3 attacking midfielders

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Lol I think with a proper CDM it'll be more 3 at the back tbh, that's why I think both defenders deserve another chance with a proper midfield in front of them not 3 attacking midfielders

Yeah that's why I'm excited most about Barton and Crooks. 

Halliday did a good job but I think it puts his aggression to waste, and he seems to be good fullback cover. 

Guest Lloyd72

Yeah that's why I'm excited most about Barton and Crooks. 

Halliday did a good job but I think it puts his aggression to waste, and he seems to be good fullback cover. 

I think Crooks will surprise a few up here, I've been very excited to see him coming in since we signed him up. Halliday I'm still unsure on, I want him to be good but I don't see him being here long term.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think Crooks will surprise a few up here, I've been very excited to see him coming in since we signed him up. Halliday I'm still unsure on, I want him to be good but I don't see him being here long term.

Especially since he and Windass will link up well. Halliday is contracted till 2020 i'm sure 

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Especially since he and Windass will link up well. Halliday is contracted till 2020 i'm sure 

Aye Warburton seems to like buying players who have played together before so they settle better like Barton and Niko, Tav and Waggy etc. 

Fucking hell I thought it was 2018 doh

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Aye Warburton seems to like buying players who have played together before so they settle better like Barton and Niko, Tav and Waggy etc. 

Fucking hell I thought it was 2018 doh

Kiernan and Forrester

King and Holt

etc.etc. 

Also speaking off, Holt is contracted till 2020 too. Holt and Halliday will likely be solid midfielders that will always have a sniff of first team action. 

Guest Lloyd72

Kiernan and Forrester

King and Holt

etc.etc. 

Also speaking off, Holt is contracted till 2020 too. Holt and Halliday will likely be solid midfielders that will always have a sniff of first team action. 

Holt I rate higher than Halliday and if he can recapture the form he had before his injuries he'll have no problem getting in the team, hopefully Halliday can prove me wrong because I'd love to see a bear being the one to dominate the midfield in big games like he did in the old firm.