Inherent flaw?

ronniemca

Every and all systems have inherent strengths and weaknesses, most are discussed in this excellent article  http://bundesligafanatic.com/analyzing-the-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-germanys-multiple-formations/

Personally I am happy that we are finally trying to implement a football philosophy throughout the club, no system will ever be perfect but we are now playing some of the most attractive football seen at Ibrox indecades. Hopefully by introducing youth to the system we will reap the rewards in player development, it won't happen overnight but it is certainly not a flawed approach.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I may be wrong here but I believe we are trialling "bio-banding" this year where kids are matched more on physical capability than birth year. Elfideldo might know a bit more.

We are.. We are also making u17 players play u19 players.. A lot of thought is going in to what the Academy team are doing! 

The holding midfielder/midfielders and CB's being of a high quality are crucial to this formation, need a Gattuso like pit-bull in the holding midfield slot who can pass well, a big dominant CB who's good in the air paired with a pacy CB that can cover.

Halliday, Kiernan and Wilson are bargain bin players for this kind of system. 

The youth are being challenged more now, the star players for U17's are promoted to U19's, as a result they are challenged more and the team they leave behind are challenged more as they need to pick up the slack. 

Results don't matter, player development is the aim. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I may be wrong here but I believe we are trialling "bio-banding" this year where kids are matched more on physical capability than birth year. Elfideldo might know a bit more.

Your right as i read that somewhere as well it makes sense as wee skilful guys get the time to build up and develop rather than being blootered by the freaks who are 6ft at eleven..

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

We are.. We are also making u17 players play u19 players.. A lot of thought is going in to what the Academy team are doing! 

It's been long overdue TBH , since the training ground opened we've failed to make the best use of it so great to see a positive change in the mentality of the coaching setup . What were trying to implement now will take some time before we see the benefits but should prove well worth the effort and expense , hopefully everyone can show the patience that's required as well .

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

If so, a better way of dealing with it.

While results don't really matter at that age, it doesn't half erode belief & progress if you keep getting beat. 

The top players will find their way in any case (& how many of those are there?) but a good number of decent contenders could be lost if they're exposed to a higher level too early.

Just now, HG5 said:

If so, a better way of dealing with it.

While results don't really matter at that age, it doesn't half erode belief & progress if you keep getting beat. 

The top players will find their way in any case (& how many of those are there?) but a good number of decent contenders could be lost if they're exposed to a higher level too early.

Here's a bit from the club website about it. http://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/academy-trial-bio-banding/

From that, and this is purely a guess, the trip to SA (and competing in what was the Milk Cup) would be ideal opportunities to utilise this as we're coming up against a different standard and tactical style of football facing teams from other countries while using "traditional" methods more when it comes to domestic games.

Let's face it , the previous methods we used weren't entirely successful in terms of trophies won or first team regulars produced . Whilst I'm sure we all enjoy watching the youths win leagues and cups , the most important element of the youth setup has to be in bringing players through to the first team squad where they ( and the support ) can be confident that they can contribute and not just be jersey fillers . We've had enough short term fixes about the club , time now for some long term planning for the future .

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Here's a bit from the club website about it. http://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/academy-trial-bio-banding/

From that, and this is purely a guess, the trip to SA (and competing in what was the Milk Cup) would be ideal opportunities to utilise this as we're coming up against a different standard and tactical style of football facing teams from other countries while using "traditional" methods more when it comes to domestic games.

Good one?

Interesting they say it would be used on a handful of occasions a season - I'd have thought once you were in a band, you'd be in it for a bit, unless you (or everyone else!!) had a growth spurt.

Anyway, sounds like early days of a good idea, so we need to see what it looks like after it's been given a chance.