jackrfc95

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

And by the same token there are probably plenty of fans who have thought some of the players we signed for millions were shit.

Supporters will always have an opinion and sometimes the opinions will be ridiculous but that's part and parcel of football, especially now that there is social media and it gives a platform to anybody who wants a platform to give their opinions. However in this case, I think the support have see enough to question if Kiernan and to a lesser extent Wilson aren't good enough and just because they don't think they are good enough it doesn't mean they are going to moan and question. every player we target or the ability of anybody who we sign.

Like I said, people just want a competent defender - somebody who can tackle, header and organise and so far our targets have been underwhelming, especially when our earlier summer signings were really good.

That is correct about opinions and some as you say yourself can be ridiculous.Thankfully the only real opinions and judgements that matter regarding players are made by men far more qualified than the majority on any social media platform.I think I will let these men decide who is right and who is wrong for the job as it will be their decisions which will determine our success or failure and not the opinions of people on social media platforms. If  MW and co are not unduly  worried about  players coming in as he says on latest presser then neither will I be.

8 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

We missed him in the final in that defensive midfield position where he was excellent against them in the semi final but I doubt as a centre back he's the answer to our defensive problems.

Agree. Always preferred him in front of CBs but not in the back line. Ticks a lot of boxes but not the answer although would take him over Hill any day of the week.