Independent FA report out today

Smile

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

fire in a freedom of information act mate.  That would be a really interesting thing to know.

Never thought about that G, will need to find out how it is done first. I have seen it mentioned in threads before and I am sure it was more Rangers than Hivs, which I find astonishing. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Unfair comparison. The general mood of the crowd was good at Wembley, there was no intention to fight or confront rival fans, and players safety was not threatened in the slightest.  The goalposts broke accidentally.

HIbs fans at Hampden had the intention to confront and fight rival fans, destroy any property including cameras and signage etc, and assault players on the pitch.

I agree there was a big difference in the overall mood but as an isolated event destroying the goalposts is just the same whether it's done in a friendly atmosphere or not. They were never going to make a big deal of that. Same with tearing up the pitch. 

Finally made my way through the report, here's a few observations i've made 

In the report it says The Green Guide makes recommendations as to the appropriate number of stewards to deploy at an event a ratio of one steward per 250 anticipated attendees. And that this ratio should be increased to one per 100 anticipated attendees where the risk assessment for the match shows a need for a higher level of safety management. The report goes on to say that stewards deployed to mobile posts in Hampden Park for the Scottish Cup Final on the 21st of May 2016 was one per 88 anticipated attendees 
The report did not disclose if all the stewards had the correct training.

The report says the primacy for safety and security was held by HPL. HPL’s Safety Officer was responsible for the Stewarding Plan for the Cup Final and for liaising with Police Scotland. HPL’s Safety Officer did a risk categorisation and Police Scotland did their own risk categorisation for the Match., the Scottish Cup Final was categorised as falling into the highest risk category by Police Scotland.  
The report does not disclose what risk categorisation the HPL’s Safety Officer placed on the event.

The report identified that there was no plan by in place to prevent a pitch invasion on the scale which occurred, and that Police Scotland remit was to support HPL and the stewards in ensuring safety and security at the Cup Final. However, it was clearly understood that should any issues arise during the course of the Match which HPL and the stewards were unable manage, primacy for safety and security would pass to Police Scotland 
The report did not say if the HPL’s Safety Officer had placed the correct risk categorisation on the event or whether it agreed with Police Scotland risk categorisation.

The report mentioned that the SFA were responsible for the cost of hosting the event and payment of Police Scotland but it does not say whether they cut corners

The report mentioned our goalkeeper but did not mention the other players that were attacked and abused, nor did it mention the destruction of the goal post or pitch.

The report did not mention in the time line that Rangers fans started to enter the pitch after our players were attacked

I agree with the reports recommendations:-

• The installation of a retractable tunnel leading to the players’ exit
  • Players and officials to make their way to the centre circle in the event of an emergency. 
  • A Police reserve unit for rapid deployment across the halfway line at the first sign of any pitch invasion. 

Imho, I would also add that:-

• Safety officers review their evacuation procedures and how they deal with the disabled in an emergency. 
  • That the away tickets for all SFA member clubs be sold only to season ticket holders.
  • That stewards be in position to form a human barrier 5 mins before the final whistle 
  • That one exit that is not being used by the public is kept clear for Police to enter in an emergency.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Finally made my way through the report, here's a few observations i've made 

In the report it says The Green Guide makes recommendations as to the appropriate number of stewards to deploy at an event a ratio of one steward per 250 anticipated attendees. And that this ratio should be increased to one per 100 anticipated attendees where the risk assessment for the match shows a need for a higher level of safety management. The report goes on to say that stewards deployed to mobile posts in Hampden Park for the Scottish Cup Final on the 21st of May 2016 was one per 88 anticipated attendees 
The report did not disclose if all the stewards had the correct training.

The report says the primacy for safety and security was held by HPL. HPL’s Safety Officer was responsible for the Stewarding Plan for the Cup Final and for liaising with Police Scotland. HPL’s Safety Officer did a risk categorisation and Police Scotland did their own risk categorisation for the Match., the Scottish Cup Final was categorised as falling into the highest risk category by Police Scotland.  
The report does not disclose what risk categorisation the HPL’s Safety Officer placed on the event.

The report identified that there was no plan by in place to prevent a pitch invasion on the scale which occurred, and that Police Scotland remit was to support HPL and the stewards in ensuring safety and security at the Cup Final. However, it was clearly understood that should any issues arise during the course of the Match which HPL and the stewards were unable manage, primacy for safety and security would pass to Police Scotland 
The report did not say if the HPL’s Safety Officer had placed the correct risk categorisation on the event or whether it agreed with Police Scotland risk categorisation.

The report mentioned that the SFA were responsible for the cost of hosting the event and payment of Police Scotland but it does not say whether they cut corners

The report mentioned our goalkeeper but did not mention the other players that were attacked and abused, nor did it mention the destruction of the goal post or pitch.

The report did not mention in the time line that Rangers fans started to enter the pitch after our players were attacked

I agree with the reports recommendations:-

• The installation of a retractable tunnel leading to the players’ exit
  • Players and officials to make their way to the centre circle in the event of an emergency. 
  • A Police reserve unit for rapid deployment across the halfway line at the first sign of any pitch invasion. 

Imho, I would also add that:-

• Safety officers review their evacuation procedures and how they deal with the disabled in an emergency. 
  • That the away tickets for all SFA member clubs be sold only to season ticket holders.
  • That stewards be in position to form a human barrier 5 mins before the final whistle 
  • That one exit that is not being used by the public is kept clear for Police to enter in an emergency.

Great post .Can't believe these miserable cunts haven't repped you for it