Independent FA report out today

Smile

49 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Clears the way for the cup to be revoked as it should be

Hivs players played a huge part in instigating the riot, NO contact from hivs re: our teams welfare, no apology

This wasn't some guy being chased by polis trying to land a punch,, this was our players surrounded, isolated and being spat on as well as punched/kicked

I wouldn't welcome Rangers being awarded the cup, that's tarrier behaviour 

Fuck hivs 

Where you getting all this from ?? Hivs will get a slightly bigger punishment than us but they will come after us for the singing throughout the season .

You read it here first

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rangers Lady said:

A fair, informed and unbiased report.

Hopefully the SFA and Police Scotland take up the recommendations to better protect all supporters, players and officials in future.

The report is a fucking joke. As usual no one is held responsible for the mayhem that happened that day. So no one is to be held responsible for violent thigs charging at innocent families who were there to watch the game. 

Oh i forgot it must have been a rangers fan that caused it all as it was only a blue nose that got jail time whilst the spoon burning cunts get away with litter picking for a few hours.

What a fucking joke of a country we live in.

1 hour ago, Rangers Lady said:

Clears the way for the cup to be revoked as it should be

Hivs players played a huge part in instigating the riot, NO contact from hivs re: our teams welfare, no apology

This wasn't some guy being chased by polis trying to land a punch,, this was our players surrounded, isolated and being spat on as well as punched/kicked

I wouldn't welcome Rangers being awarded the cup, that's tarrier behaviour 

Fuck hivs 

This report doesn't even remotely clear the way for anything to be revoked. 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Where you getting all this from ?? Hivs will get a slightly bigger punishment than us but they will come after us for the singing throughout the season .

You read it here first

The club are disappointed/fuming about it so it’s clearly not all good

I see it mentioned several times that we were taunted, mentions that we received taunts at Motherwell and didn’t react in addition to hivs

States that hivs players fired it up and that up to 200 hivs fans behaviour was beyond reproach 

Just now, Rangers Lady said:

The club are disappointed/fuming about it so it’s clearly not all good

I see it mentioned several times that we were taunted, mentions that we received taunts at Motherwell and didn’t react in addition to hivs

States that hivs players fired it up and that up to 200 hivs fans behaviour was beyond reproach 

I haven't read the full report but Regan's comments already are total pish. "acknowledges that the processes and procedures of the match operation were robust".  Fuckin utter pish.  Police were AWOL inside and outside they couldn't get near the ground for traffic jams.  SFA fuckin total wankers really.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

This report doesn't even remotely clear the way for anything to be revoked. 

This would not have occurred had the Hibs supporters chosen to behave responsibly 

the overwhelming majority of Rangers supporters behaved properly and many simply left the Stadium. A small number allowed themselves to be taunted by the Hibs fans to the point of invading the pitch for the purpose of physical confrontation 

The hostile and irresponsible attitude of that minority requires to be addressed. 

There were incidents involving direct physical confrontation with Rangers players which included the hurling of obscene language and sectarian abuse. Similar conduct was directed at Rangers officials. There was chaos and confusion in the Technical Area. The fans who proceeded to the West end of the Stadium engaged in abusive taunting of Rangers supporters, with a view to 

generating a hostile reaction. There were incidents of wilful, direct and abusive defiance of lawful instructions given by Police Officers at the time of the pitch invasion. None of this can be justified on the 

1 minute ago, Rangers Lady said:

This would not have occurred had the Hibs supporters chosen to behave responsibly 

the overwhelming majority of Rangers supporters behaved properly and many simply left the Stadium. A small number allowed themselves to be taunted by the Hibs fans to the point of invading the pitch for the purpose of physical confrontation 

The hostile and irresponsible attitude of that minority requires to be addressed. 

There were incidents involving direct physical confrontation with Rangers players which included the hurling of obscene language and sectarian abuse. Similar conduct was directed at Rangers officials. There was chaos and confusion in the Technical Area. The fans who proceeded to the West end of the Stadium engaged in abusive taunting of Rangers supporters, with a view to 

generating a hostile reaction. There were incidents of wilful, direct and abusive defiance of lawful instructions given by Police Officers at the time of the pitch invasion. None of this can be justified on the 

But this report won't address any of that. That's not its job.

I am not qualified to comment, nor would it be appropriate for me to do so, on the adequacy of the overall Police numbers and the nature of their deployment. The nature of any threats external to the Stadium and the level of resources required to secure public areas are matters known only to the Police and in any event do not fall within the scope of my remit.

Will police scotland report on the adequacy of policing on that day? Or will it all be swept under the carpet.

That report was a pile of useless pish

I don't know if I can bring myself to read this report after reading the comments about it on here. Sickening that it sounds like a whitewash portraying it as somehow we were equally responsible. I'll read it at some point. And I'm someone who's read the Hillsborough report in detail. 

33 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Of course there was an extra few thousand cops needed up the Rangers end while songs were being sung .

While 10,000 rioters invaded the pitch .

Sounds like this cunt was bought and paid for

Of course my meaning, which you clearly got,  was that the singing is being alluded to as mitigation for less Rangers fans getting on the park - of course you and I both know that if the hibs fans hadn't been allowed to get to the 18 yard box at the west end then the token amount of Rangers fan,  that went on the pitch,  would never have had felt the need to defend our players and staff.  Singing songs does not constitute a large police presence.  

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

I don't know if I can bring myself to read this report after reading the comments about it on here. Sickening that it sounds like a whitewash portraying it as somehow we were equally responsible. I'll read it at some point. And I'm someone who's read the Hillsborough report in detail. 

I count 6 times where it states we were taunted/provoked

Mentions we had the treatment at Motherwell and didn’t react

States that the hivs players were partly responsible, their fans deplorable  

Confirms attacks on team and our technical area.

It’s not all bad, it certainly doesn’t accuse us of anything other than a few reacting while most left in an orderly fashion  

If it was that bad BBC would have ran with it as the main Headline

They were happy enough to tell their viewers that not everyone welcomes our return to the top flight 

So the police were aware of the potential of a pitch invasion at the semi-final and took appropriate action, but neglected to consider a similar threat at the cup final. A cup final where the wining supporters would be jubilant and highly likely to go on to the pitch, if only just to celebrate the occasion.

(What is shocking too, imo, is that the team supported by "certain fans" (I've made the text bold in section 3 below) who intended to invade at the semi-final is not named. I'm open minded on this, at this stage could've been cellic or Gers fans, but why no direct reference to their allegiance ?)

I have also made the text bold in sections 5 and 8 below. Incredibly, apparently the police had no plan to stop an invasion, only plan was to clear the pitch after that happened. Would have been so much better if they had dealt with the immediate cause straight away, rather than wasting 4 minutes by inaction.

3.4.1. A further match is worthy of mention although no pitch invasion took place. This was the Scottish League Cup Semi-Final between Celtic and Rangers held on the 1 st of February 2015 at Hampden. On that occasion, the Police had specific intelligence that certain fans intended to invade the pitch in the event of a particular result. Because of that, Police Support Units were maintained in position in the practice area directly under the South Stand.

5.4.3. Both Police Scotland and HPL/ G4S considered the prospect of a pitch invasion occurring during their planning for the Scottish Cup Final and prepared contingency plans to deal with a pitch invasion, based on a number of differing scenarios. In anticipation of individuals encroaching upon the pitch, specific stewards were suitably equipped and tasked to intercept these individuals and hand them over to the Police. In relation to a mass pitch invasion, there was no intelligence from any source to suggest that such an event was likely and it was not considered necessary to hold additional Police or stewarding resources in reserve to counter any such occurrence. To do so would have been considered a disproportionate use of resources. There was nevertheless an agreed procedure involving Police and stewards to clear the pitch in the event of a mass invasion taking place.

"8.5.1.  There was no plan in place to prevent a pitch invasion on the scale which occurred"

28 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

No it’s no

Aye it is... if you're happy with it then that's up to you.

Police cleared of all blame, sectarian singing during the match,only 15 hibs fans approaching the west end and countless other inaccuracies...

:lol: 

Where you even at the match?

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

So according to this you can invade the pitch up to the half way line? Good to know when we do the tims at Parkhead. 

See how well that goes down

I was thinking along the same lines, like the cunts should never have come on the pitch.

Did it mention significance of our penalty win over Celtic? Did we invade the pitch when we beat them the first time ever on penalties in a cup competition?

It's a decent balanced report. Saying clearly that it was the Hibs fans that caused it, specifically section 7.1.6 It states had the Hibs fans not went past halfway line there would of been no need for this report. It could of mentioned that Rangers fans entering  the pitch prevented Hibs fans from getting into the Rangers stand and that they prevented further issues by doing what they did. I hope this is what the board is annoyed at and will ask for that to be added on.   

Now it's up to the SFA to read the report and act accordingly. 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So many contradictions. 

Hibs fans used used the moat to get onto the field/Moats could have stopped the invasion/Moats are unsuitable for modern grounds. 

Make yer fucking mind up. 

Nice to see ,you may be with us on this one Dude (tu)

4 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

Given that the rules allow for stripping and our Captain was assaulted what would you deem warrants the sanction ?

They won it on the day and that stays with them forever

The record should show that the title was stripped, if our fans had acted in the manner the junkies did I wouldn't have the red neck to complain 

The whole team were set on ffs

As I said Hibs should be hammered for the actions of their fans, but I don't believe any team who won a trophy legally should be stripped of that title, those players won the trophy fair and square.  IF it was our fans then I would expect the club to be hammered for the actions of our fans but I would not like or expect us to be stripped of a title that we won legally.